Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These people on FB
These people on FB
I have a fake Facebook account that I use for gaming and to host my author's page.

Some of the stuff these people state is ridiculous. I would never be friends with them if I knew them in real life.

One woman states, "Anyone know how I can become an illegal? I could really use the benefits."
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: These people on FB
Humanity's gutter.  It's the one place online that even -I- won't go......lol.

It's pretty easy to renounce one's citizenship, actually. Your FBFriend should totally go for it. Get all those sweet, sweet bennies.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/...nship.html
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'd hardly been using it for months, then I took the step of turning off the notifications and didn't miss it, and finally I've uninstalled the app from my phone. But kept messenger... because I only used it for close friends in the first place... only had about 20 people on there. But the ideal would be to ditch it completely if I could only get them all over to Skype or whatever Wink
Facebook could rightfully claim the title of assbook. It's a collection of human diarrhea of the verbal kind. Racists, resentments, prejudices or just plain idiocy and ignorance, the call for genocide - everything has it's place in Zuckerberg's little empire.

But don't post boobs. That's really bad and will be removed instantly.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
[Image: einstein.jpg]
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 20, 2016 at 3:30 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: I have a fake Facebook account that I use for gaming and to host my author's page.

Some of the stuff these people state is ridiculous.  I would never be friends with them if I knew them in real life.

One woman states, "Anyone know how I can become an illegal?  I could really use the benefits."

'Kay.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Twitter is better.

But I don't use that often, or even post. I just lurk.
I just use it for a game, Pearl's Peril. And yes, I'm "friends" with some weirdos. Some of them seem not to have lives beyond Pearl's Peril, which appears life or death for them. Way too competitive. Missing out on social skills.

Oh, yeah, and the social politics. Of course. GAWD H8S GAIZ!!!!

But the latest fad that is driving me up a wall is the whole thing of "You're probably not going to read this. If you do, you are a true friend. Don't share this post. Copy and paste it."

The upside (and really the only reason I'm on it): family connections that were either lost or never existed in the first place, and are now pretty strong.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(October 20, 2016 at 4:51 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Twitter is better.

But I don't use that often, or even post. I just lurk.

You know how behind the times I always am... with streaming and everything else... well... I've never used Twitter or even seen it Blush
I use it for quick info, and even comedy. I like it for what it is, but I am following many times more accounts than follow me back. Twitter sometimes seems very competitive as far as trying to get followers.

Real life is quite a treat, tbh.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  These are not the droids you' re looking for.... onlinebiker 10 540 August 12, 2022 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  One of these things is not like the other ones Angrboda 1 391 December 6, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How do you navigate these fora? Apollo 11 563 November 22, 2020 at 4:44 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Question about all these questions popping up. no one 6 647 September 22, 2020 at 12:26 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Health advocates do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission Agnostico 108 7192 June 14, 2020 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Agnostico
  What are you missing these days? Gawdzilla Sama 18 1443 April 28, 2020 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Where do these idiots come from? onlinebiker 23 2590 April 22, 2020 at 5:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  These are the 50 best-looking nationalities, according to a new survey WinterHold 20 2071 July 6, 2019 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  They let these people breed onlinebiker 17 1416 February 17, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 981 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod