Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behind closed doors, Republican lawmakers fret about how to repeal Obamacare
Behind closed doors, Republican lawmakers fret about how to repeal Obamacare
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...efb65473da

Quote:Recordings of closed sessions at the Republican policy retreat in Philadelphia this week were sent late Thursday to The Washington Post and several other news outlets from an anonymous email address. The remarks of all lawmakers quoted in this story were confirmed by their offices or by the lawmakers themselves.

What is, of course, most interesting is that someone attending the meetings made secret recordings and sent them to the Washington Post.  The WLB will want to know who the traitors are!
RE: They Don't Have A Fucking Clue What To Do.
This would be entertaining if it wasn't for the misery it's going to heap upon vulnerable people.
They've had either years to figure out what to do if they're ever able to get it repealed, and still don't have a good plan for it. All this obstruction, and attempts to repeal it, were just a publicity stunt for the base, and now that they're in charge they're at a loss.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I wonder why they're not busy draining the swamp?
Not that the republicunts care what the voters think.....

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-det...aseID=2421

Quote:A total of 96 percent of American voters, including 91 percent of Republicans, say it is "very important" or "somewhat important" that health insurance be affordable for all Americans.

And,

Quote:American voters agree 70 - 26 percent with the U.S. Supreme Court Roe v. Wade decision.

Obviously, these are not True 'Murricans!
(January 27, 2017 at 4:35 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I wonder why they're not busy draining the swamp?

Oh, they are, they just mean something completely different than what was implied.

"Slash and burn" is more accurate. Cmon this what the GOP has been clamoring for - a chance to neuter and gut the federal government, and that's precisely what they'll do.
Their only problem is that the Donald wants to keep his base happy. Real republicans would be quite happy to just cut out those who don't deserve medical care by virtue of being too poor to afford it.
Thanks for the clickbait.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Republicans not thinking something through? No way.
(January 27, 2017 at 5:07 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(January 27, 2017 at 4:35 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I wonder why they're not busy draining the swamp?

Oh, they are, they just mean something completely different than what was implied.

"Slash and burn" is more accurate.  Cmon this what the GOP has been clamoring for - a chance to neuter and gut the federal government, and that's precisely what they'll do.

And then they will try and pour salt
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudan: The real cause behind the war WinterHold 4 471 June 14, 2023 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1451 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 714 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 265 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1077 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 568 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1029 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  He's finally behind bars.... Joods 0 303 September 20, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 603 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The Iowa Republican Party platform. Jehanne 14 1404 August 20, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger