Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall Street Bull vs Girl statues.
Wall Street Bull vs Girl statues.
The bullshit sexism of antiquity still stuck in our brains. 

Just now on CBS This Morning saw a story about how some are bitching about the girl being put there. Listen up men, you came from not just a sperm you dipshits, but eggs as well and GASP, you also popped out of a vagina. GROW THE FUCK UP ASSHOLES!

Evolution isn't about just brawn, evolution does not care what works, brawn or nurture, both work and neither are better attributes than the other. Girls/women are equal to men in evolution, we would not be here without both. 

If anything hurts our species it has been MEN and their bullshit attitude that testosterone is the only way to problem solve. Your dicks wont fall off if girls/women do the same things you do. Your dicks wont fall off if they are in positions of power over you.
RE: Wall Street Bull vs Girl statues.
Oh? I thought I was hewn from a spongy lab growth.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Bene Tleilax axlotl tanks.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
What are you talking about, Brian. Everyone knows god made women from man's rib in order to bear him many children. Women may well suffer and die in childbirth but we made that possible by giving up a rib, man. A whole fucking rib!

Can we have a link to a reputable publication reporting on this, or do you think your rant-spittle is sufficient?

Seriously, I feel like I've turned the corner in San Francisco and some homeless dude launches into the middle of a rant. It's confusing and devoid of context.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(March 28, 2017 at 1:23 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Can we have a link to a reputable publication reporting on this, or do you think your rant-spittle is sufficient?

Seriously, I feel like I've turned the corner in San Francisco and some homeless dude launches into the middle of a rant. It's confusing and devoid of context.

That statue of the girl got put their in front of the bull a few weeks ago. It has made national news and international news. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/08/busin....html?_r=0

The artist who made the bull is trying to claim the girl statue is a cheap stunt. No, it is not. The bull is a male and especially an animal that is driven by testosterone. So if he wants to claim it is not sexist as a symbol, why would you equate humans to an animal that has the excuse of ignorance where human men don't have that excuse. He's simply pissed that times change and girls and women don't have to be subject to patriarchal icons. It is a symbol of male aggression, otherwise why not pick a gender neutral symbol?

http://nypost.com/2017/03/20/that-is-not...rl-statue/
Haven't you got better things to worry about than statues at the moment?
(March 28, 2017 at 1:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(March 28, 2017 at 1:23 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Can we have a link to a reputable publication reporting on this, or do you think your rant-spittle is sufficient?

That statue of the girl got put their in front of the bull a few weeks ago. It has made national news and international news. 

The artist who made the bull is trying to claim the girl statue is a cheap stunt. No, it is not. The bull is a male and especially an animal that is driven by testosterone. So if he wants to claim it is not sexist as a symbol, why would you equate humans to an animal that has the excuse of ignorance where human men don't have that excuse. He's simply pissed that times change and girls and women don't have to be subject to patriarchal icons. It is a symbol of male aggression, otherwise why not pick a gender neutral symbol?

It is kind of a cheap stunt. Nobody is going to remember this shit in a month and it isn't going to change the world.
[Image: american-flag-banner.jpg]
I like both statues.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(March 28, 2017 at 1:48 pm)Isis Wrote: Haven't you got better things to worry about than statues at the moment?

No, sorry. That is like telling Susan B "Don't you have some cookies to bake in the kitchen".

Progress is never made through silence. Symbols mean something just like words do. That particular symbol is male, and not just male, but is in an aggressive fighting stance. Nothing in that bull represents females, and for most of our American history women have been excluded from major positions on average.  Wall Street started as a boy's club and as much progress women have made, the inequality exists. And since that bull represents not only our American economy it represents what the rest of the world sees as well. 

It is a horrible symbol and does not even represent men who are also capable of being gentile and compassionate.

(March 28, 2017 at 1:55 pm)Gearbreak Wrote:
(March 28, 2017 at 1:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote: That statue of the girl got put their in front of the bull a few weeks ago. It has made national news and international news. 

It is kind of a cheap stunt. Nobody is going to remember this shit in a month and it isn't going to change the world.

Go ahead and think that, but the girl was supposed to be  taken down soon, but if I remember from the CBS story correctly the permit has been extended for a long time. I have no doubt with enough support women can get her to be permanent.

No it was not a cheap stunt, it was a wake up call. America is no longer a boys only club at the top.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  100th Aniversery of the Black Wall Street Masacre. Brian37 8 548 May 28, 2021 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Gorrilla Glue Girl onlinebiker 41 1745 February 22, 2021 at 7:01 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conservatives charged in border wall fraud Foxaèr 5 416 August 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why Statues In The First Place? BrianSoddingBoru4 35 1653 July 1, 2020 at 12:01 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Among Matt Bevin's Pardons: Man who raped 9 year old girl Cecelia 1 406 December 14, 2019 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Donald Trump Jr. compares border wall to zoo fences that hold animals WinterHold 3 282 January 10, 2019 at 9:43 am
  Natalia, You Naughty Girl Minimalist 5 523 April 27, 2018 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Make MAGA pay for the Wall Street Brian37 40 3852 April 3, 2018 at 3:15 pm
  New border wall? Alexmahone 10 803 January 12, 2018 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Teen golfer placed 1st in golf tournament, denied the trophy because she's a girl Divinity 14 1678 October 27, 2017 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist