Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you let your employer implant a chip in you?
Would you let your employer implant a chip in you?
I'm not to comfortable with this idea, maybe because I don't understand exactly what data the employer could obtain or how my movements could be tracked.

Would you be open to the idea of an implantable chip?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/E...3-08-58-11
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Would you let your employer implant a chip in you?
I would never be comfortable with this. This is the kind of stuff dystopian future novels are made of.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I have a chip that allowed medical personnel to ID me. Handy when one is unconscious.
(April 3, 2017 at 11:35 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I have a chip that allowed medical personnel to ID me. Handy when one is unconscious.

Was anything else on the chip besides ID? Who implanted the chip? Was it voluntary?

Our dogs are always chipped with our name/address/phone.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Chipping is an extreme measure for such a rudimentary device. Like, that would be okay if you were in a high level military operation or you were search and rescue and they needed to keep really good track of you in an adverse environment. For most applications, I think you could stick to maybe a tiny wrist band or an ID card, rather than an implant.
(April 3, 2017 at 11:44 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(April 3, 2017 at 11:35 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I have a chip that allowed medical personnel to ID me. Handy when one is unconscious.

Was anything else on the chip besides ID? Who implanted the chip? Was it voluntary?

Our dogs are always chipped with our name/address/phone.

I don't know if anything else was on it, just the ability to access my medical file quickly when needed. Small star tatooed on my right forearm to tell them where it is. The implantation was done by a third party firm hired by the US government. I did okay the work, it was not mandatory. 

I had the chip tested by a local vet. He couldn't detect it at more than a few inches.
An employer? Fuck no! Maybe if I was a top class spy or an aid worker in war-torn/dangerous countries but I'm an analyst. The worst that's going to happen to me is that someone will claim that my risk assessments are awry.

They'd be wrong.
Sum ergo sum
I chipped about 300 dogs when I was with the adoption group in Knoxville using the Avid microchip product. I'm telling you right now that I don't want to be stuck with one of those monster fucking 12 gauge needles.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
would the chip be capable of stimulating my pleasure center ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Meh. As long as I could verify what was accessible, I would probably do it.

Not much different than carrying a NFC card in my wallet wherever I go.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health care people and first responders - let us know how you are. arewethereyet 22 1874 April 26, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Let The Wookiee Rest In Peace.... Brian37 9 809 May 4, 2019 at 1:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Too stupid to let loose Mr.Obvious 5 889 October 27, 2018 at 5:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let's See The Pee-Pee Tape, Guys Minimalist 2 761 August 10, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Let's Arm The Homeless! Minimalist 24 1707 March 16, 2018 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Let's Arm The Teachers Minimalist 11 1579 March 15, 2018 at 12:51 am
  What would you do if the school shaved your child's hair off? Losty 20 2407 October 26, 2017 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Let This Be A Lesson to Flynn And The Other Hanging Turds on the WLB's Asshole Minimalist 2 748 July 12, 2017 at 1:17 pm
  So let me get this straight Amarok 14 4436 July 3, 2017 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Let The People Die As Long As The Corporations Live On Minimalist 6 1668 July 3, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Cecelia