Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People this isn't hard…
People this isn't hard…
So here's Alaina's rules for gun ownership

1. Go get a psyche eval

2. No mentally ill people

3. No disabled people

4. Vets can have their guns back if they don't have ptsd or any other mental disorder

5. Antiques (collectibles not meant to be fired) don't count

6. You don't need a fucking AK-47, uzi, rocket launcher, flame thrower, elephant pistol or anything of the like. Don't split hairs you know exactly which weapons I mean. If it's the size of a six-year-old you don't need it.

7. If you need to bring down your prey with a gun you're a pussy and don't need to go hunting. Use a bow or spear like a real man.

8. If you have more than two guns for self-defense you're a weak bitch. Guns won't save your bitch ass.

9. Don't keep your guns around fucking kids. Get a goddamn safe. If a kid shoots you deserve to die.

10. Don't give your goddamn kid a gun. They do not have the mental understanding or the restraint to use a deadly weapon.

11. If you keep your guns anywhere other then your safe, you don't get to have them anymore.

12. No more private sales, Internet sales, gun show sales, that don't involve registration.
RE: People this isn't hard…
1. How?
2. Agreed.
3. Huh?
4. Same as 1 no?
5. Sweet!
6. What about bullpup rifles? (crap I split hairs) nm.
7. "real man" wtf?
8. What if one is down stairs and one is upstairs?
9. Agreed.
10. What's the cut off age?
11. Locking cabinet count?
12. Agreed.
"I'm thick." - Me
I'd add the following.

13. You can't conceal your gun and go out on the town in any way.

14. If your transporting your gun to a range you have to keep the bolt out or slide off etc.
"I'm thick." - Me
1. Agreed.

2. Kinda goes with 1)

3. Agreed! 

4. Sounds reasonable. Follow the law.

5. Need to make sure they can't be fired. Safety first.

6.  True.

7. I've never hunted, so I wouldn't know. Thing is, bows/arrows can and do kill people, too. But I wouldn't ban those.

8.  What would you even do with a second gun? Only one at a time, people.

9.  Well, at least 20 years, anyway, and permanent revocation of 2nd Amendment rights.

10.  I shot at targets at maybe age 13. All the kids did OK except me: I dropped the rifle and it went off. Go back to 3). I don't support people using guns unless they are of a certain physical minimum. I also am not big on the ADA.

11.  Well, bullets and such, anyway.

12. Amen. And probably about a month delay, plus at least 25% taxes.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
So to expand.

1. How you gonna do this? We don't seem to have accurate gun owner numbers but we can say that it's roughly 90 guns to every 100 people in the US. Will it be a written test? How long before the right answers end up on the internet? Will it be a one on one session? How long of a session is enough or multiple sessions? How many certified analysts will that take to have a reasonable expectation of covering people, you think the DMV is bad.

3. What's a disabled person? Do you mean mentally or physically? I'm assuming the former.

8. If your a target shooter you may have several guns, just as if your a baseball player (amateur or otherwise) you may have a few bats. Having an arsenal of 100s of guns is over the limit but where do you drawl it? Who decides what the limit is?

10. Of course you shouldn't start teaching a 5 year old firearms training but at what age is it appropriate? Since we know our brains don't get fully situated till our early twenties when is an ok age? We let you drive, smoke and vote at 18 and those are all deadly things. Perhaps then? But by then you can own your own gun? Wouldn't a little responsible training prior to ownership be a good thing? Like a permit with driving at 15 or 16?

Lot of gray in some of these, but I think it's a good discussion and worth having. I also think there will have to be a compromise.
"I'm thick." - Me
Meant to edit and replied. Stupid me.
"I'm thick." - Me
America = where people demand a police state.
(April 10, 2016 at 2:53 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: America = where people demand a police state.

Yah.. pretty sure that has nothing to do with anything thus far posted in this thread.
"I'm thick." - Me
(April 10, 2016 at 2:59 am)Goosebump Wrote:
(April 10, 2016 at 2:53 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: America = where people demand a police state.

Yah.. pretty sure that has nothing to do with anything thus far posted in this thread.

Your negativity is your only hurdle.
(April 10, 2016 at 3:05 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(April 10, 2016 at 2:59 am)Goosebump Wrote: Yah.. pretty sure that has nothing to do with anything thus far posted in this thread.

Your negativity is your only hurdle.

Great, I'll be awesome at the one hurdle race. I'll dedicate my victory to you.
"I'm thick." - Me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1305 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why is it so hard to reason with pro-lifers? Dingo 32 2212 October 12, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Dingo
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 353 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4575 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Yeah...Trumps bigotry isn't hurting us at all GODZILLA 15 2212 May 20, 2018 at 8:08 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Diamond-hard, industrial-strength irony. Gawdzilla Sama 5 1521 September 16, 2017 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Kosh
  What are those die hard Trump defenders getting in return for their loyalty? NuclearEnergy 16 4780 July 12, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Isn't it just incredible NuclearEnergy 19 3781 June 28, 2017 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Trump : "It's Hard!" chimp3 13 3139 April 29, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Pyongyang/Why capitalism isn't a form of gov. Brian37 29 2709 April 19, 2017 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama