Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two dead after hate crime in Portland
Two dead after hate crime in Portland
Witnesses: Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train

http://www.wweek.com/uncategorized/2017/...assengers/

Trump's hate is even infiltrating the liberal bastion of Portland.

Two men were stabbed / had their throats cut by another rider who was hurling anti immigrant slurs at two dark skinned women, one in a head dress.

:'-(
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
RE: Two dead after hate crime in Portland
Wow. I ride that route often. There's been some incidents, but nothing like this.
(May 27, 2017 at 12:12 am)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Witnesses: Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train

http://www.wweek.com/uncategorized/2017/...assengers/

Trump's hate is even infiltrating the liberal bastion of Portland.

Two men were stabbed / had their throats cut by another rider who was hurling anti immigrant slurs at two dark skinned women, one in a head dress.

:'-(

Like a cancer
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I just read about this. Really horrible. Sad

I've often wondered if I'd have the courage to step up if I saw someone bullying a muslim, and I had hoped I would, but this kind of thing makes me seriously doubt myself.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Why is this a "hate crime" and not a terrorist attack?
You know it's bad when there's a hate crime in fucking Portland, of all places.
(May 27, 2017 at 10:32 am)tjakey Wrote: Why is this a "hate crime" and not a terrorist attack?

Cuz the guy is white and crazy and well-known to the local cops.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/suspect-...st-report/

Quote:Suspect in stabbing that left two dead after anti-Muslim rant in Portland is a well-known white supremacist: report

Terrorists have to be minorities, it seems.
Awful.
There are distinctions between hate crimes and terrorist attacks.

From what I see, this man didn't commit a pre-planned act of terror in order to further his political or religious agenda using fear tactics. He hates Muslims, so he tried to kill a couple of them when he saw them. That's why it's a hate crime, in a nutshell.
"Terrorism is a term used in its broadest sense to describe the use of intentionally indiscriminate violence as a means to create terror or fear, in order to achieve a political, religious or ideological aim. It is used in this regard primarily to refer to violence against civilians or non-combatants." wiki
It seems terrorist can be all sorts. I would say these folks were christian terrorists, No?

http://nypost.com/2015/10/16/son-beaten-...he-church/
I was a born-again christian for many years then I got woke.. and now life is better in so many ways. It's taking me time to see my value and find my voice, but the reward is liberating knowing my path is not dictated or controlled by fear of death and the unknown.  Casting off the shackles of religion is pretty fucking awesome. The beautiful people I've met on this forum have more heart and compassion than any group of people I've been apart of. So back off Jesus and followers, because this bitch is done with Chu.  Shy 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fifty years after the Yom Kippur War LinuxGal 71 4532 October 18, 2023 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Who will become the next Prime Minister of the UK - after Boris Johnson? Dundee 21 1602 July 17, 2022 at 5:07 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Christian hate-preacher calls for the execution of ‘every single homosexual’. Jehanne 63 4354 June 28, 2022 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I hate these kind of headlines. onlinebiker 50 2028 December 8, 2021 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Hey Portland - you might get what you deserve. onlinebiker 408 11565 September 8, 2021 at 12:53 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  frees speech, hate speech or a comedy routine? ignoramus 16 582 May 26, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  It takes two. Brian37 4 447 April 29, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1510 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1648 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 1108 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4