Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Maher Draws Backlash After Using Racial Slur
Bill Maher Draws Backlash After Using Racial Slur
Seems there's no boundaries that entertainers won't cross these days. Bill Maher faces a backlash over his use of the "N" word on live TV.
Quote:Late-night host Bill Maher drew backlash Friday when he said the n-word during a live taping of his HBO show "Real Time."
The comedian used the racial slur during an exchange with Sen. Ben Sasse, after the congressman invited the 61-year-old to visit him in Nebraska.
"You're welcome," he said. "We'd love to have you work in the fields with us."
"Work in the fields?" Maher responded sarcastically. "Senator … I'm a house n*****."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bill...me-n767926

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Bill Maher Draws Backlash After Using Racial Slur
To be fair, I suppose it might be a bit harder to use a different word for this particular allusion. That said, Malcolm X used the word "Negro" when going on about that.

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Fields?? FIELDS?!?!?!? FIELDS!!!!!!!

That cock sucking muther fucking son of a bitch shit ass licker.

Thanks Ben for making us out to be a bunch of clod hoppers.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
So Bill Maher calling himself the N word is offensive. Then I must also be a racist because I  call myself a Red Skin all the time . How can it be offensive if it's directed at yourself .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Meh. It seemed like a careless joke to me. This is nothing to get excited about. The excitement about Paula Deen seemed excessive as well. I'm no fan of the word, but calm the fuck down about this, folks. Save the reactions for something more worthwhile.

(And before anyone thinks I'm defending either person, I neither care for Bill Maher or Paula Deen. Both are irrelevant celebrities to me.)
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I laughed my ass off when he came out with that line.  Especially talking to a conservatard shitwit like Sasse who was sitting there bragging about making his kids work in the fields.
"No boundaries", huh? He should apologize for an off-the-cuff racist remark and move on. That all or nothing xtian mindset is showing again.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I worked in a field today . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Why can't he say that word?
(June 3, 2017 at 9:22 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Why can't he say that word?

Once you trigger SJW's there is not stopping them. You know how we can prevent future SJW's and thin skinned people 
and overly emotional people. It's simple don't hand out participation rewards it's  either you got in third second or first.
A simple pat on the back is better than giving out a trophy for just trying just saying.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fifty years after the Yom Kippur War LinuxGal 71 4450 October 18, 2023 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  House Bill 6720 Jehanne 19 2553 December 16, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Who will become the next Prime Minister of the UK - after Boris Johnson? Dundee 21 1598 July 17, 2022 at 5:07 am
Last Post: GUBU
  I Think Bill Maher Lied CarveTheFive 23 1343 May 17, 2021 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Pronoun Backlash Foxaèr 41 3730 April 7, 2021 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1230 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1502 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Harriett Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill Fake Messiah 141 6226 January 27, 2021 at 5:14 pm
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1634 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 992 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am