Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam West Croaks
Adam West Croaks
Adam West Dead At 88

Shame, really. Other than 'Batman' and the mayor on 'Family Guy', he didn't get to do a lot. Pity - he was a better actor than some who have had better careers.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Adam West Croaks
Another part of my childhood slips away.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Another of those people for whom I think....."you mean he wasn't dead already?"
Goodnight sweet prince and flights of winged mammals  sing thee to thy rest

Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I really enjoyed his recapitulation of 'Adam West as the retired Batman' on Big Bang Theory.

I don't know if his RL attitude was similar, but I enjoy imagining it to be so.

Salute !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 10, 2017 at 12:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Another of those people for whom I think....."you mean he wasn't dead already?"

He was still working on current projects, though, including his ongoing character as himself on Family guy.

I loved the old Batman TV show, and any guest appearances he ever did. He was a strange and funny man and will be missed.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
It happens to everyone in the end, a talented man with a great sense of humor is gone and will be remembered.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

Big, big fan of the '60s Batman series.  I met Adam West at a comics convention a few years ago.

I haz a sad now.   Sad

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I watched the 60's Batman quite a bit and even saw the 60's Batman movie on VHS.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gog Magog civil war with the west WinterHold 37 2043 July 20, 2023 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Kanye West on Alex Jones paulpablo 391 22443 December 31, 2022 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Kanye West fails miserably Foxaèr 3 253 August 22, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Sal
  West Virginia, WH dumbass, send him home. Brian37 42 2890 March 18, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Kanye West calls for reintroduction of slavery downbeatplumb 40 4580 October 5, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Joods
  West Virginia Teachers on Strike, still make sure hungry students are fed Cecelia 21 2314 February 28, 2018 at 8:51 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Huge blaze engulfs 24-storey Grenfell Tower in west London pocaracas 47 11742 June 26, 2017 at 12:14 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Seems like Germany finally has it's very own West couple abaris 3 1070 May 4, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Adam Muema, the guy who left the NFL combine... Tonus 4 1749 May 23, 2014 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Chad32