Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge blaze engulfs 24-storey Grenfell Tower in west London
Huge blaze engulfs 24-storey Grenfell Tower in west London
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/...ar-white1/

Quote:'Number of fatalaties' confirmed - many unaccounted for
Trapped residents pictured at windows as screams heard
At least 50 people in hospital amid investigation into cause
'The whole building has gone': Witnesses tell of horrific scenes
Residents claim safety warnings in 2014 'fell on deaf ears'

[Image: TELEMMGLPICT000131884604-large_trans_NvB...DBa08.jpeg]

The guys with tons of regulations and fire hazard protections and whatnot... Huh
RE: Huge blaze engulfs 24-storey Grenfell Tower in west London
It's truly horrible.
I bet it is an insurance scam. I'm quite curious as to why this got so much play in the news. I am not trying to sound ignorant, however, it seems a building fire in a large city isn't something that is usually news worthy on a global scale. I mean, here in Phoenix there was a fire at a junk yard that was fairly large. And the only people covering it were local news outlets. Does anyone know why this got so much play?

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
it could be because of the potential loss of life. Dunno
let's wait and see...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 14, 2017 at 4:43 am)It_Was_me Wrote: I bet it is an insurance scam. I'm quite curious as to why this got so much play in the news. I am not trying to sound ignorant, however, it seems a building fire in a large city isn't something that is usually news worthy on a global scale. I mean, here in Phoenix there was a fire at a junk yard that was fairly large. And the only people covering it were local news outlets. Does anyone know why this got so much play?

I'm willing to bet that a fire at a junk yard isn't going to have anywhere near the fatalities that a high rise building has. So that's my guess.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(June 14, 2017 at 4:56 am)Nymphadora Wrote:
(June 14, 2017 at 4:43 am)It_Was_me Wrote: I bet it is an insurance scam. I'm quite curious as to why this got so much play in the news. I am not trying to sound ignorant, however, it seems a building fire in a large city isn't something that is usually news worthy on a global scale. I mean, here in Phoenix there was a fire at a junk yard that was fairly large. And the only people covering it were local news outlets. Does anyone know why this got so much play?

I'm willing to bet that a fire at a junk yard isn't going to have anywhere near the fatalities that a high rise building has. So that's my guess.

That's a very good point. But yeah, like I said; I hope I'm making sense.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
jesus christ London. About time you got a break.

Sympathies and condolences.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Tragedy!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Fingers Xed for as many as possible living, but from what I've seen, I think the death-toll will be high indeed. Horrible.

Because it's a high-rise residency with a large life-loading? Because the images produced are gripping?

Eyewitness accounts are haunting. Reminds me a little of 9/11 with people trapped unable to get out and doing whatever they could to avoid the inferno. People were using flashlights according to some residents to signal they were alive but trapped inside.

Horrible, a lot of young kids and young families there too :/

Someone is going to jail somewhere here I would think. By some accounts the fire alarms didn't even work in some flats/floors.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Violent thunder and storm hitting the tower of Sauron in Mekkah WinterHold 11 805 August 23, 2023 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Gog Magog civil war with the west WinterHold 37 2042 July 20, 2023 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Kanye West on Alex Jones paulpablo 391 22442 December 31, 2022 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Kanye West fails miserably Foxaèr 3 253 August 22, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Sal
  West Virginia, WH dumbass, send him home. Brian37 42 2890 March 18, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  London police to roll out facial recognition CCTV Duty 22 1504 January 24, 2020 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Exclamation London: Barbarians in the Bahraini Embassy ReptilianPeon 0 394 August 7, 2019 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Micheal Cohen lied about Russia Tower deal. Brian37 6 846 November 29, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ghanem Almasarir, Saudi Human Rights Activist attacked in London WinterHold 3 606 October 12, 2018 at 4:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Kanye West calls for reintroduction of slavery downbeatplumb 40 4552 October 5, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Joods