Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember When Trumptards Were Praising Trumps Handling Carrier Well....
Remember When Trumptards Were Praising Trumps Handling Carrier Well....
Remember months ago on this site how all the Trump fan boys were bragging about Trump saved all those jobs a Carrier well

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/carr...spartanntp 

Quote:In December, then-President-elect Trump told hundreds of workers at the Carrier manufacturing plant that he had worked out a deal to save their jobs.
But it's not working out that way. A steady downpour today did little to wash away the fact that the jobs of 600 union employees are going south.
"They're going to Monterrey, Mexico," said Robert James, president of the local union.

Huh who knows maybe they could become coal miners. After all those are the only people Trump seems to care about
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

RE: Remember When Trumptards Were Praising Trumps Handling Carrier Well....
Trump cares about Coal Miners?

Pretty sure the only people Trump cares about are people with the last name "Trump" and the first name "Donald" and maybe with the first name "Ivanka"
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(June 26, 2017 at 5:07 pm)Cecelia Wrote: Trump cares about Coal Miners?

Pretty sure the only people Trump cares about are people with the last name "Trump" and the first name "Donald" and maybe with the first name "Ivanka"

Well he's gutting environmental regulation just to keep their dying industry alive
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Anyone who believed anything that orange piece of shit said deserves the butt-fucking they are going to get.

Elections have consequences, morons.
(June 26, 2017 at 5:10 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Well he's gutting environmental regulation just to keep their dying industry alive

He's not doing that for the coal miners--he's doing that for the coal CEO's.  Because he's big buddies with them.

My Husband's Uncle was a coal miner--and a Trump supporter to boot.  Even he's disappointed by what Trump's done so far.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(June 26, 2017 at 5:36 pm)Cecelia Wrote:
(June 26, 2017 at 5:10 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Well he's gutting environmental regulation just to keep their dying industry alive

He's not doing that for the coal miners--he's doing that for the coal CEO's.  Because he's big buddies with them.

My Husband's Uncle was a coal miner--and a Trump supporter to boot.  Even he's disappointed by what Trump's done so far.

Again, all this decline started with Reagan busting the air traffic control unions, deregulation and "don't tax the rich". We are looking at a future bubble if that asshat gets 8 years, and it will make Bush's crash look like a boom.
Did the Union members who got ass reamed by Reagan "learn their lesson"?

They supported his bid for Presidency. And they continued to support him and other conservatives steadfast since.

Frankly, the only "lesson" people learn is the wrong one.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(June 26, 2017 at 11:48 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Did the Union members who got ass reamed by Reagan "learn their lesson"?

They supported his bid for Presidency. And they continued to support him and other conservatives steadfast since.

Frankly, the only "lesson" people learn is the wrong one.

That is the insidious tactic the GOP uses, they convince voters to vote against their own self interests.

All you have to do to win on top of gerrymandering, is to accuse any questioners of hating freedom and the private sector. Gullible economic and religious right eat that shit up.
This is old news.  Even -as- the "Trump Saved Carrier" story broke, Carrier was still planning to outsource.  They said as much, repeatedly.

OFC they took the money - and then did exactly what they always said they would. Imagine their surprise that anyone's surprised?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 26, 2017 at 5:36 pm)Cecelia Wrote:

Right - because even if the coal industry stages a comeback, coal jobs will likely not because of automation.

Environmental regulation may not have done any favors to coal jobs, but automation killed them dead.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation 11:30 (local Time) Iranian Drones were detected moving toward Israel Leonardo17 34 923 April 24, 2024 at 9:15 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Well, that didn't last long...MyPillow guy fail. arewethereyet 4 723 November 13, 2022 at 1:04 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  A Trumpy mail carrier threw out ballots...literally Dingo 13 894 October 19, 2020 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Chess trumps Kickboxing ignoramus 12 1270 June 30, 2020 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  where is the news of trumps phase 1 china deal? Drich 26 1587 October 26, 2019 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Where were you 9/11/2001? Brian37 63 3122 September 20, 2019 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  I TOLD You Those Vegans Were Trouble!! BrianSoddingBoru4 6 784 September 1, 2019 at 5:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Well that was some fast back-tracking by Facebook robvalue 9 1239 July 12, 2019 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Well, It Hardly Qualifies As A 'Replica', Then BrianSoddingBoru4 13 932 May 25, 2019 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Trumps base is starting to erode. Jehanne 76 9595 February 3, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Fireball