Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone explain the Holocaust?
Can someone explain the Holocaust?
Don't get me wrong. I believe the Holocaust happened. But did it happen the way people said it did?

I believe Jews and other ethnic/social groups were targeted for extermination. That being said I have some questions.

1. Why are there so many Holocaust survivors? 

There are truly a tremendous amount if you stop to think about it. Not just the old survivors who to this day tour American high schools to tell their stories, but ones who are likely long dead. At one point Nazi Germany controlled practically all of Europe. According to sources, 6 million out of about 9 million Jews in Europe were murdered.

How did the remaining 3 million survive? fleeing to the Soviet Union? I know there were some individuals who hid Jewish children and families and helped smuggle others to safe havens, such as Switzerland or the United Kingdom.

Unfortunately, those were likely a minority of people, as compared to the anti-semites of Europe or people who were just totally preoccupied with their own individual survival.

Also, at some point did killing the Jews in the camps not become a priority for the guards? How and why were allied troops greeted by survivors?

2. Why did Jews survive the camps?

I am aware that there statistically weren't all that many extermination camps compared to concentration camps. They all existed in Poland, and three of the worst ones (Belzec, Sobibor, and Treblinka) were razed to the ground before the Soviets could free them.

What then was the point and purpose of the other camps (Bergen-Belsen,Buchenwald and Dachau?) There were no mass gassings at the camps in Germany proper. Was the idea to murder the prisoners there through overwork, starvation, and general neglect?

3. Why do Gypsies still exist in Europe?

Gypsies (or Roma/Sinti) were also allegedly slated for extermination, and if anything were more hated than the Jews by most people. They were apparently perceived as Europe's itinerant thieving/begging underclass. There likely weren't nearly as many Gypsies as Jews, and unfortunately I have yet to hear of any family who sheltered Gypsies or helped them escape to Switzerland.

Were they just not a priority for  the Germans? Undecided

4. How was Israel settled? 

I know Israel was settled in large part by Holocaust survivors. But how could so many of them survive and thrive given the extreme stress and starvation they had been subjected to for several years previously. How could the recover in such a quick amount of time to be effective settlers in the new land of Israel?

If you could respond.. I would appreciate that.
RE: Can someone explain the Holocaust?
Quote:3. Why do Gypsies still exist in Europe?

Idiot troll.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Been here one day, already 8 threads.
Maybe there should be a rule on how long someone has to be here before they start a thread, except for intro.
I can't understand the mindset, that someone can think their view is so important that they can just waltz into a forum and start flinging shit everywhere.
It's rude, dishonest and shows a complete lack of respect for others.
Geez, im having trouble linking my humorous reaction in gif form.  Did the image-linking format change?

[Image: FOwZ77O.gifv]
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Why are there still gypsies... This all rings a bell. A socky bell.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(September 15, 2017 at 10:23 am)Europa! Wrote: Don't get me wrong. I believe the Holocaust happened. But did it happen the way people said it did?

I believe Jews and other ethnic/social groups were targeted for extermination. That being said I have some questions.

1. Why are there so many Holocaust survivors? 

There are truly a tremendous amount if you stop to think about it. Not just the old survivors who to this day tour American high schools to tell their stories, but ones who are likely long dead. At one point Nazi Germany controlled practically all of Europe. According to sources, 6 million out of about 9 million Jews in Europe were murdered.

How did the remaining 3 million survive? fleeing to the Soviet Union? I know there were some individuals who hid Jewish children and families and helped smuggle others to safe havens, such as Switzerland or the United Kingdom.

Unfortunately, those were likely a minority of people, as compared to the anti-semites of Europe or people who were just totally preoccupied with their own individual survival.

Also, at some point did killing the Jews in the camps not become a priority for the guards? How and why were allied troops greeted by survivors?

2. Why did Jews survive the camps?

I am aware that there statistically weren't all that many extermination camps compared to concentration camps. They all existed in Poland, and three of the worst ones (Belzec, Sobibor, and Treblinka) were razed to the ground before the Soviets could free them.

What then was the point and purpose of the other camps (Bergen-Belsen,Buchenwald and Dachau?) There were no mass gassings at the camps in Germany proper. Was the idea to murder the prisoners there through overwork, starvation, and general neglect?

3. Why do Gypsies still exist in Europe?

Gypsies (or Roma/Sinti) were also allegedly slated for extermination, and if anything were more hated than the Jews by most people. They were apparently perceived as Europe's itinerant thieving/begging underclass. There likely weren't nearly as many Gypsies as Jews, and unfortunately I have yet to hear of any family who sheltered Gypsies or helped them escape to Switzerland.

Were they just not a priority for  the Germans? Undecided

4. How was Israel settled? 

I know Israel was settled in large part by Holocaust survivors. But how could so many of them survive and thrive given the extreme stress and starvation they had been subjected to for several years previously. How could the recover in such a quick amount of time to be effective settlers in the new land of Israel?

If you could respond.. I would appreciate that.

Because they're gods chosen master-race.  OFC they'd be more resilient than you are. You're welcome.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:1. Why are there so many Holocaust survivors?

The famed German efficiency wasn't all it was cracked up to be?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When someone says something really stupid. Cod 8 1544 July 28, 2019 at 7:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A day with someone from AF Cod 76 7041 April 27, 2019 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Shell B
Music The best advice someone gave you. onlinebiker 65 6117 April 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1057 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Can Someone Explain This To Me? Jade-Green Stone 16 1484 November 28, 2018 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  You can clone someone... The Valkyrie 34 3966 April 5, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Explain This #2: The Mandela Effect GrandizerII 11 1766 February 2, 2018 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Explain This #1: Belief vs. Knowledge GrandizerII 23 3133 January 16, 2018 at 6:55 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peanut Gallery Thread for Explain This #1: Belief vs. Knowledge GrandizerII 22 3673 January 12, 2018 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  When someone knocks on your front door when you're not expecting anyone. Edwardo Piet 60 8914 December 13, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie