Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This may actually be possible...
This may actually be possible...
What if we are all just AI in a super complex videogame? And what if Jesus, and all the other "magical "people were players? Maybe using a glitch to levitate on water? I'm certain that this isn't true, but if it was, there's really no way we would know.
RE: This may actually be possible...
No this is not true, go back to not thinking.

*shifty eyes*
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
Clap Good for you. Clap
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Did someone just get done watching the Matrix Trilogy? Big Grin
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
ROFL

If humans can't learn to take a metaphor and not IMMEDIATELY assume it to be literal, then screenwriters should reaaalllly stop using metaphors.

The Matrix is not to be taken LITERALLY

*searches for Matrixy smiley* *fails*

Tiny Tiger Tiny Tiger Tiny Tiger Tiny Tiger Tiny Tiger
Tiny Tiger Tiny Tiger Tiny Tiger Tiny Tiger Tiny Tiger
[Image: cassandrasaid.jpg]
(October 27, 2010 at 3:30 pm)R-e-n-n-a-t Wrote: What if we are all just AI in a super complex videogame? And what if Jesus, and all the other "magical "people were players? Maybe using a glitch to levitate on water? I'm certain that this isn't true, but if it was, there's really no way we would know.

A Christian once said to me "What if God made the world ,and everything in it (including fossils, and our memories) 5 minutes ago?"

I simply looked at him,and suggested gently that he take his medication. Please don't think I'm making a direct analogy,indeedly doodly not. That memory just popped into my head. I have no idea why. Angel Cloud

@R-e-n-n-a-t; just a wild guess.Do you spend a lot of time alone?
R-e-n-n-a-t Wrote:What if we are all just AI in a super complex videogame? And what if Jesus, and all the other "magical "people were players? Maybe using a glitch to levitate on water? I'm certain that this isn't true, but if it was, there's really no way we would know.

There's a sure fire way to find out if we are: stab yourself, and see if a health bar appears.
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
lol... Don't listen to these mean comments. Please don't stab yourself. Seriously, don't take these comments to heart.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
I'm not suicidal, and I'm not going to stab myself, and I don't really think this. This was never a serious thread. It's just such an odd concept I decided to post it.
I've been playing this game for 22 years now and am yet to get any Armor upgrades or new weapons. This games shit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Moral Obligations toward Possible Worlds Neo-Scholastic 93 5293 May 23, 2021 at 1:43 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Is a higher level of thought possible? Macoleco 8 944 June 10, 2019 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Is it possible for a person to be morally neutral? Der/die AtheistIn 10 2013 October 15, 2017 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is It Possible for Humanity to Create a Peaceful World with Religion in it? Kernel Sohcahtoa 64 8260 November 9, 2016 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Possible Worlds and Causal Closure Neo-Scholastic 2 887 March 28, 2014 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  "You may say I'm a dreamer..." JoeSzymborski27 22 4665 September 29, 2013 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Possible is not necessarily possible. Mystic 13 3387 August 22, 2013 at 9:37 am
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  Is Secular Liberation Possible?? Katie23 9 3224 August 4, 2013 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: ManMachine
  Is it possible to be truly satisifed? CleanShavenJesus 18 3146 June 15, 2013 at 11:57 am
Last Post: The Magic Pudding
  Question about two possible attributes of God FallentoReason 43 10431 June 6, 2013 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: bennyboy