Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Fascist Boycott
Another Fascist Boycott
What is with this obsession (left and right)) with trying to get people fired, lose their businesses, and generally ruin the lives of people over topical issues. Now, I'm not against boycotts in principle, just that a person has to weight how important (or ethical) it is, really, to want someone else to personally suffer because you disagree with their politics.

Here's the money quote:

Quote:Welcome to social activism on the Left in 2017. A guy who provides 150 local jobs and serves a popular (if eclectic) consumer niche was trying to find a way to get more affordable group health insurance for his workers. When that goal was achieved he accepted an invitation he’d never asked for to go to the White House and celebrate that achievement. And now the liberal hordes on social media are trying to shut him down. Over a photograph. Great job, guys.

Business Boycott because of Photo

Even if a conservative like me had been invited to the White House by Obama, and even if it was to watch him sign the ACA of some other law I thought was misguided, I still would have gone. I mean c'mon guys. I don't care who you are or who the current president is, it's the chance of a lifetime to stand in the presence of the 'Leader of the Free World'. Even if you don't respect the man, you should at least to respect the office. Is that really something someone should lose their livelihood over?
RE: Another Fascist Boycott
The people who pay for their livelihoods get to decide that.

It pains me to say this...deeply, but if I was invited to the whitehouse today, I'd have to decline. Which is strange and uncomfortable, because the whitehouse is pretty much the welcome center to valhalla for me.....

Ran on the pinellas trail with clinton, bush jr cut my turkey once......couldn't stand being seen in a photograph with Trump.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Looks like you're more impressed with authority and status than I am.  No way would I go to this white house to shake the current president's hand.  I did go to the white house when W was the president, I didn't think much of him either but it was nothing like the repugnance I have for Trump.  Apples and oranges.  (Didn't end up seeing him at all it being just a year after 9/11, postponed a year for obvious reasons).  But his wife spoke and so did Powell and others.  IF Rumsfeld or Cheney had spoken, I might have made a point to be elsewhere.
(October 19, 2017 at 2:02 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: 'Leader of the Free World'.

I have no intention of honoring President Putin with my presence. I don’t care for his appointee over in Washington.
http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.s...owner.html

Curious: How does the word 'fascist' as an adjective apply to the word 'boycott'?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I can understand going or not going (I'm not big on being a prop for a photo op). 

However this is getting ridiculous.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(October 19, 2017 at 2:55 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.s...owner.html

Curious: How does the word 'fascist' as an adjective apply to the word 'boycott'?

To jackasses like Chad anything he doesn't like is "fascist."  Someone should teach him what the word means.

Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

And, no.  I would not go anywhere near the Orange Turd.  Far too tempting to punch him in the mouth.
Well Trump is a cunt.
Then there's this:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%...D_iZnxRjVA

I'm not sure I'm buying this "I was duped" line. Hell, what's he supposed to say now that his business is in trouble?

But assuming it's true, it only underscores what should be obvious. You shouldn't accept an invitation that will make you appear to support something if don't really know what it is you're being shown supporting.

I would not accept an invitation to the White House these days -- not because I don't respect the office of the Presidency but because I do. Its current occupant sullies it every day, and I would have no part in appearing to condone that.
The "fascists" must have got to him, with their wallets.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4558 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another Day, another derogatory book about Trump. Jehanne 25 2332 August 13, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Canadians boycott U.S. Foxaèr 26 2333 June 15, 2018 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Florida shooting: NRA-linked firms hit by consumer boycott possibletarian 16 1638 February 24, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fucking Fascist Shits Coulnd't Organize A Breakfast For Two Minimalist 2 950 September 22, 2017 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Another Day - Another Leak Mexico Isn't Paying For The Fucking Wall Minimalist 28 6937 August 7, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Dropship
  Boycott on Alex Jones / NBC chimp3 23 7718 June 14, 2017 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another Rapist - Another Asshole Judge Minimalist 13 3516 August 22, 2016 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  You Can't Boycott Mississippi Minimalist 10 1249 June 21, 2016 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Fascist Ann Coulter calls Drumpf "mental"..... Brian37 36 3178 April 3, 2016 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive