Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sessions To Open Door To Special Counsel
Sessions To Open Door To Special Counsel
Attorney General Jeff Sessions opens door to special counsel into Uranium One and Clinton...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/...inton.html
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Sessions To Open Door To Special Counsel
So, this is the latest shiny object?  Honestly, you can't run a government based solely on whataboutisms.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Nazis can.  Right Adolf?
Because faux news can't really get the facts straight and they can't even identify what those "certain issues" are... I found the following: 

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/facts-uranium-one/

Quote:The Committee on Foreign Investments in the United States

The Committee on Foreign Investments has nine members, including the secretaries of the treasury, state, defense, homeland security, commerce and energy; the attorney general; and representatives from two White House offices (the United States Trade Representative and the Office of Science and Technology Policy).
The committee can’t actually stop a sale from going through — it can only approve a sale. The president is the only one who can stop a sale, if the committee or any one member “recommends suspension or prohibition of the transaction,” according to guidelines issued by the Treasury Department in December 2008 after the department adopted its  a month earlier.
For this and other reasons, we have written that Trump is  to claim that Clinton “gave away 20 percent of the uranium in the United States” to Russia. Clinton could have objected — as could the eight other voting members — but that objection alone wouldn’t have stopped the sale of the stake of Uranium One to Rosatom.
“Only the President has the authority to suspend or prohibit a covered transaction,” the federal guidelines say.
We don’t know much about the committee’s deliberations because there are “strong confidentiality requirements” prohibiting disclosure of information filed with the committee, the Treasury Department  on its website. Some information would have become available if the committee or any one of its members objected to the sale. But none of the nine members objected.
“When a transaction is referred to the President, however, the decision of the President is announced publicly,” Treasury says.
We don’t even know if Clinton was involved in the committee’s review and approval of the uranium deal. Jose Fernandez, a former assistant secretary of state, told the New York Timesthat he represented the department on the committee. “Mrs. Clinton never intervened with me on any C.F.I.U.S. matter,” he told the , referring to the committee by its acronym.

But by all means, let faux and the orange shitgibbon continue to blame Clinton for something that she singularly has zero control over.

Wait... there's more... from the same article: 

Quote:The Nuclear Regulatory Commission
It is also important to note that other federal approvals were needed to complete the deal, and even still more approvals would be needed to export the uranium.
First, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission had to approve the transfer of two uranium recovery licenses in Wyoming from Uranium One to the Russian company. The NRC announced it approved the transfer on Nov. 24, 2010. But, , “no uranium produced at either facility may be exported.”
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Why are conservatives so for wasting taxpayer dollars when it comes to investigating Hillary Clinton? They'll gladly throw away millions to investigate Hillary, and it all ends up in the same place: Going nowhere.

Conservatives are so easily distracted by Shiny Objects. Russia Collusion? LOOK OVER THERE! Hillary was involved in the Uranium Deal that was approved by nine different state agencies, and many independent federal and state regulators. So not only did she SOMEHOW persuade nine different agencies, but President Obama (who could've vetoed the deal) himself, as well as all the independent federal and state regulators. But of course anyone who watches FOX News wouldn't know that. Because they are impervious to facts.

You aren't worth engaging if you're going to ignore facts.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
When ever a Republican is under suspicion the dems demand a special counsel. When it's a dem who's under suspicion they scream, distraction! If the dems want endless investigations then they should be open to investigating one of their own when suspicion falls on them.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Amazing to me at least, the staggering number of folks unconcerned with her disenfranchising Democrat primary voters.

Maybe the 'right' way of handling Hillary now is somewhat less than what the virulent 'pubs want to do, and somewhat more than the somnambulant Hillary Kool Aid drinkers want to do ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 13, 2017 at 8:32 pm)A Theist Wrote: Attorney General Jeff Sessions opens door to special counsel into Uranium One and Clinton...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/...inton.html

So we've got a criminal investigation into an event where it is well known that no criminal act happened.

Tell me wasn't Drumpfuck supposed to drain the swamp, not use it to drown the rule of law?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Feels like Benghazi deja vu.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
They need these distractions to take attention away from the fact 45 is an incompetent jackass.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S.O.U. Special Orange Unit. Brian37 0 145 May 19, 2021 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Michigan Bans Open Carry of Firearms at Polling Places onlinebiker 101 5533 October 29, 2020 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Bolton out the door. Brian37 7 494 October 15, 2019 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Former judge files new motions pushing for special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case EgoDeath 15 1503 July 1, 2019 at 12:21 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Trump responds to special counsel Robert Mueller’s statement: ‘The case is closed WinterHold 21 2064 June 7, 2019 at 2:28 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  My Plan To Re-open The US Government BrianSoddingBoru4 25 1765 January 25, 2019 at 12:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Italy crime: Gang rips open security van with diggers near Bari Duty 7 695 January 14, 2019 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Duty
  The Jeff Sessions "Religious Liberty Task Force" Foxaèr 126 8067 August 6, 2018 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Stephen Colbert Rips Jeff Sessions a New Asshole Minimalist 78 7027 June 18, 2018 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Trump: The Floodgates Are Open! chimp3 10 927 May 24, 2018 at 12:01 am
Last Post: chimp3