Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senate confirms ex-Lockheed exec for top Pentagon policy role
Senate confirms ex-Lockheed exec for top Pentagon policy role
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/3...olicy-role

Rood, previously the senior vice president of Lockheed Martin International, served in several roles during the George W. Bush administration. He will now take the Pentagon‘s top policy job, after the White House in October named him for the position. The confirmation process wasn't without its hurdles. Some lawmakers in November had expressed concern over Rood’s future interactions with his former company.
Rood had signed a White House ethics pledge to recuse himself from all decisions involving Lockheed for two years and divest himself from the defense contractor. But he would not confirm to Warren that he would not seek a waiver that would allow him to participate in matters involving the defense contractor as under secretary.
“Will you commit not to seek such a waiver during your time in office?” Warren asked him during a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing.
Rood declined multiple times to say "yes" or "no." Committee Chairman John McCain (R-Ariz.) accused Rood of “ducking the answer here.”
The exchange was not enough to bar Rood from the policy position, as the Senate Armed Services Committee approved his nomination in late November.
-------------------------------------------
So we have a former defense contractor in a big military policy position. Just maybe he'll want more war to benefit his former colleagues? Also, it's messed up that apparently most of the Democrats voted to confirm him.
RE: Senate confirms ex-Lockheed exec for top Pentagon policy role
T'was ever thus.

At least since WWII.
For most of the time between WWII and now, there were more than 3 defense contractors.
The global weapons industry is profitable. War is profitable, fear is profitable.
Good, I have LM stock.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 11, 2018 at 10:22 am)Brian37 Wrote: The global weapons industry is profitable. War is profitable, fear is profitable.

Second only to killing our fellow men, we delight in blowing up their works.
(January 11, 2018 at 10:44 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Good, I have LM stock.

Disclaimer:

I have a P&W/UTC pension coming at some point. And that they are 'too big to fail' is a continuing comfort to me. I've taken quite a shellacking with deductible's, copay's, exclusions and with my ACA health plan this last year (hopefully 2018 will be better) and I'm unavoidably looking at the 'bottom line', big picture thingy. Also, the new tax plan looks like it is really going to zing me on the property tax deduction limitation so FUCK them in the ass. (I'm a small family farmer, my largest tax expense is property taxes and the bastards limited the deduction) I wanna at least break even on all this bullshittery.

Grrrrrrrrr !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 11, 2018 at 10:55 am)vorlon13 Wrote:
(January 11, 2018 at 10:44 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Good, I have LM stock.

Disclaimer:

I have a P&W/UTC pension coming at some point.  And that they are 'too big to fail' is a continuing comfort to me.  I've taken quite a shellacking with deductible's, copay's, exclusions and with my ACA health plan this last year (hopefully 2018 will be better) and I'm unavoidably looking at the 'bottom line', big picture thingy.  Also, the new tax plan looks like it is really going to zing  me on the property tax deduction limitation so FUCK them in the ass.  (I'm a small family farmer, my largest tax expense is property taxes and the bastards limited the deduction) I wanna at least break even on all this bullshittery.

Grrrrrrrrr !!!

I know this is not a "bright side" comment but I'm sure that you'll make the medical expense deduction. Don't forget to include mileage for visits, treatments, trips to the pharmacy, ..........
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaked Pentagon documents. WinterHold 8 692 April 15, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Iran's top nuke scientist killed. Brian37 18 1055 November 28, 2020 at 1:53 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  BREAKING: The Pentagon announces the US killed Iranian general Soleimani WinterHold 133 15751 January 20, 2020 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Smedders
  Sexual Harassment Plagues Canadian Parliament And Senate Amarok 1 634 February 2, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Tax cuts passed in Senate c172 34 3961 December 7, 2017 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Drich
  And, As Always, the Pentagon's Answer to This "Problem" is Mo' Money! Minimalist 9 1873 July 24, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Huh Trump Actually Gets A Policy Through Now Watch Him Fuck It Up Amarok 11 4170 June 26, 2017 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Trump calls ENTIRE SENATE to White House for North Korea Briefing... Rev. Rye 14 4730 April 26, 2017 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Lynn Beyak fire the bitch or why the canadian senate is FUBAR Amarok 2 852 March 29, 2017 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  California Senate Bill 1146 brewer 18 2245 August 5, 2016 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet