Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easter strory
Easter strory
I am the first to admit that it has been a while since I read the Wholy Babble, but from what I remember, Jesus (and the other victims) was made to carry his own cross up the hill to be crucified.
My question is, why did he not say the Aramaic equivilent of "fuck off, carry it yourself!"
I mean, he was already due to get one of the slowest and most painful deaths going, what could the Romans do, crucify him twice?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Easter strory
The best way to gain the sympathy of the reader is to make the protagonist suffer as much possible.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
First century priest:

"How to transfer well embedded Jewish guilt to the Gentiles?Aha! I've got it!"
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(April 1, 2018 at 5:04 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: I am the first to admit that it has been a while since I read the Wholy Babble, but from what I remember, Jesus (and the other victims) was made to carry his own cross up the hill to be crucified.
My question is, why did he not say the Aramaic equivilent of "fuck off, carry it yourself!"
I mean, he was already due to get one of the slowest and most painful deaths going, what could the Romans do, crucify him twice?

[Image: ACXIq.gif]
Being omniscient he should have seen this coming and bulked up.

Might have helped out with the mental image for transubstantiation also. Nom, Nom!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 1, 2018 at 5:04 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: I am the first to admit that it has been a while since I read the Wholy Babble, but from what I remember, Jesus (and the other victims) was made to carry his own cross up the hill to be crucified.

They could remind Jesus of his statement on the matter:

Galatians 6 (KJV)
5 For every man shall bear his own burden.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

He could get stabbed?

(April 1, 2018 at 6:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

[Image: ACXIq.gif]

And in This Time There Will Be a Great Rubbing Of Parts!
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

"Crucifiction is a doddle! I've been here ten years and they only hung me the right way up yesterday!"
(Paraphrased).
Dying to live, living to die.

Jesus' whole walk is a myth; the Romans chained and then carted him (probably, on a wagon) from the local Roman tank and then executed him. The whole ordeal was done without any significant fanfare.

They would go after you friends and family as well. that is why they had joseph, as he show concern for Christ they made his 'friend' carry the cross the rest of the way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump and Melania attend Easter Services !! vorlon13 2 337 April 1, 2018 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Happy Easter! Mystic 85 11481 April 15, 2017 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Easter! RobbyPants 17 2630 March 30, 2016 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Happy Easter! KevinM1 24 4283 April 5, 2015 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Historical Easter Question for Minimalist thesummerqueen 26 7459 April 5, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Easter letter from a pastor father coldwx 19 4030 April 20, 2014 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Easter Infographic Bob Kelso 2 1479 April 20, 2014 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Senshi
  Is Easter based on a pagan tradition? paulpablo 75 28957 April 25, 2013 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  Easter The Reality Salesman01 38 6418 April 8, 2013 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  WTF do Easter eggs have to do with Easter? Napoléon 24 12598 March 24, 2012 at 2:14 am
Last Post: Erinome