Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easter
Easter
Happy Zombie-Jesus Day!!!
RE: Easter
The US have the right idea: Spring break!!!!
I have a buddy who is also an atheist. We always greet each other at this time of year by saying, "Happy fake holiday!"
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
PS- boobs, lots of them! Big Grin
Incidentally today 69 years ago, Hermann Göring gave the order for the "final solution" to be put into action.

I know easter is on a different day each year, but it was during easter 69 years ago that it happened, and that after doing so Göring simply went to celebrate easter with his family.
Remembering such a horrible event simply has more significants to me than the death of a probably non existant person.
More xtian shit.....

http://www.thaliatook.com/AMGG/eostre.html

Quote:Eostre is the Germanic Goddess of Spring. Also called Ostara or Eastre, She gave Her name to the Christian festival of Easter (which is an older Pagan festival appropriated by the Church)
Wait, where is the easter bunny in all of this Min? And the eggs? Do bunnies lay eggs? Big Grin
Also today:

In 1913, the banker J.P Morgan died.
In 1933, after seizing power over the central goverment Hitler initiates nazi takeover of all regional German goverments.
In 1973, Czech writer Ota Pavel dies
1980, American athlete Jesse Owens dies
In 1966, the first man made satilite orbits the moon.
In 1991, the Warsaw pact is disbanded.
In 1964, the Brazilian army overthrows the democraticaly elected goverment.

and more and more and more things which are of bigger significants than protohistoric zombie day
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Bunny

Quote:It was first mentioned in Georg Franck von Frankenau's De ovis paschalibus[1] (About Easter Eggs) in 1682[2] referring to an Alsace tradition of an Easter Hare bringing Easter Eggs.
All along the periphery of fertility LP.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Easter strory zebo-the-fat 11 1672 April 3, 2018 at 10:06 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Trump and Melania attend Easter Services !! vorlon13 2 337 April 1, 2018 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Happy Easter! Mystic 85 11496 April 15, 2017 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Easter! RobbyPants 17 2630 March 30, 2016 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Happy Easter! KevinM1 24 4284 April 5, 2015 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Historical Easter Question for Minimalist thesummerqueen 26 7459 April 5, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Easter letter from a pastor father coldwx 19 4031 April 20, 2014 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Easter Infographic Bob Kelso 2 1479 April 20, 2014 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Senshi
  Is Easter based on a pagan tradition? paulpablo 75 28961 April 25, 2013 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  WTF do Easter eggs have to do with Easter? Napoléon 24 12599 March 24, 2012 at 2:14 am
Last Post: Erinome