Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mercy of honor killing
The mercy of honor killing
Moses went to see the master Al-Khidr to learn a few tricks taught by Allah.

Then they found one of Our slaves (AL-Khidr), unto whom We had bestowed mercy from Us, and whom We had taught knowledge from Us.

Musa (Moses) said to him (Khidr) "May I follow you so that you teach me something of that knowledge (guidance and true path) which you have been taught (by Allah)?" (Qur'an 18:65-67)

Then they both proceeded, till they met a boy, he (Khidr) killed him. Musa (Moses) said: "Have you killed an innocent person who had killed none? Verily, you have committed a thing "Nukra" (a great Munkar - prohibited, evil, dreadful thing)!" (Quran 18:74)

Tafsir/Interpretation

So they set off after leaving the ship making their way on foot until when they met a boy who had not yet reached puberty playing with other boys among whom his face was the fairest — and he al-Khidr slew him by slitting his throat with a knife while he lay down or by tearing his head off with his hand or by smashing his head against a wall all of which are different opinions the coordinating fā’ of fa-qatalahu ‘and he slew him’ is used here because it indicates that the slaying took place after the encounter; the response to idhā ‘when’ is the following statement qāla … — he Moses said to him ‘Have you slain an innocent soul that is a pure one that had not reached the age of legal responsibility a variant reading for zākiya has zakiyya one slain not in retaliation for another soul? in other words one that has not slain any soul. Verily you have committed an dreadful thing’ read nukran or nukuran that is to say an abomination. (* تفسير Tafsir al-Jalalayn, Qur’an 18 74)

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMad...nguageId=2

And as for the boy, his parents were believers, and we feared that he would overburden them by transgression and disbelief.  "So we intended that their Lord should change him for them for one better in righteousness and near to mercy. (Quran 18:80-81)
Wherein both will be those (maidens) restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn yatmithhunna (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse) before them (Quran  55:56, Mushin)
RE: The mercy of honor killing
Cool story bro lol
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
R. Shafer-Landau Wrote:Consider the case of Nuran Halitogullari, a 14-year-old girl from Istanbul who was abducted on her way home from the supermarket. She was raped over the course of six days and then rescued by police. After being reunited with her family, her father decided that she had dishonored their family by having been raped. He then exercised what he regarded as his rightful authority. As he told a newspaper reporter, 'I decided to kill her because our honor was dirtied. I didn’t listen to her pleas; I wrapped the wire around her neck and pulled at it until she died.'
It's people like you that give Muslims a bad name
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(April 2, 2018 at 1:23 am)vulcanlogician Wrote:
R. Shafer-Landau Wrote:Consider the case of Nuran Halitogullari, a 14-year-old girl from Istanbul who was abducted on her way home from the supermarket. She was raped over the course of six days and then rescued by police. After being reunited with her family, her father decided that she had dishonored their family by having been raped. He then exercised what he regarded as his rightful authority. As he told a newspaper reporter, 'I decided to kill her because our honor was dirtied. I didn’t listen to her pleas; I wrapped the wire around her neck and pulled at it until she died.'

But how does this sad story, relate to the OP ?
Cherry picking edge cases are we?

Killing an innocent life is prohibited in Quran. 

Of course, God's Guardian Masters are above the law, they act according to God's commands and see outcomes we don't see.
Quote:Of course, God's Guardian Masters are above the law, they act according to God's commands and see outcomes we don't see.
Absurd
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

^It's meant to be absurd and strange to people, is why Moses condemns him.
Quote:^It's meant to be absurd and strange to people, is why Moses condemns him.
no it just is strange and absurd

Inuit Proverb

(April 2, 2018 at 4:02 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Cherry picking edge cases are we?

Killing an innocent life is prohibited in Quran. 

Of course, God's Guardian Masters are above the law, they act according to God's commands and see outcomes we don't see.

It looks like a bunch of power crazed medeveal narcissists doing whatever they feel like, violating the rules they set for everyone else, but its really part of some master plan so slow that even thousands of years later we don't get the genius of it.

Lol.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Killing Allah by one topic Eclectic 16 1760 December 11, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
Lightbulb Learn the true mercy akay 172 5679 March 19, 2022 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Quran's prohibition against terrorism and mass killing WinterHold 32 5249 May 18, 2018 at 4:23 am
Last Post: yragnitup
  Killing of homosexuals/apostates/adulterous in Quran/Bible Mystic 38 10999 January 15, 2016 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Should Muhammad have known alcohol is amazing at killing germs? ReptilianPeon 42 9678 January 9, 2016 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Muslim given 60 days jail for honor killing Ksa 10 3016 May 25, 2014 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Killing of apostates in Pakistan and attacks on Free-thinkers Free Thinker 3 2133 May 15, 2013 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Saying "Merry Christmas" is worse than killing someone. Ziploc Surprise 46 20792 December 28, 2011 at 9:05 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko