Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Capitalist Tricks
Stupid Capitalist Tricks
Whenever i engage a Capitalist defender generally some form of ANCAP it generally get these lines thrown at in defense of Capitalism on moral grounds  . They aren't very good .

Quote:Capitalist take all the risk thus they should make the profits they do 
A plantation owner makers takes all the risk when opening a plantation and buying slaves .Does that make his profits moral ?

Quote:Capitalism is voluntary 
Nope wage slavery 

Quote:You get to choose your boss 
Oh goodie in get to choose between slave masters on which one will fuck me over .

Quote:You can open a business if you want 
Some you go from slave to slave owner ? Does this justify Capitalism ?

Quote:People under capitalism can be materially well off 
Slaves can be  materially well off  and historically many have been .

Quote:Capitalism innovates 
Nazi Germany innovated in fact any economic system has innovated so nothing special here 

Quote:Capitalism has raised people from poverty 
Yup into slavery

Quote:Capitalism is the only surviving system 
 Feudalism was once the only surviving system 

Quote:Venezuela 
Most of it's economy is privately owned  and most of it's problems are caused by internal corruption that's existed for decades . 

Quote:But look at North Korea compared to South Korea 
South Korea has had huge amounts of government control over it's economy .Trying to prop it up as a success of Capitalism is laughable 

I think that cover most of them
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

RE: Stupid Capitalist Tricks
All Capitalism needs some sort of moderation else it becomes unsustainable. (good in theory but human greed will always force the wealth divide apart sadly)

Look at the US stockmarket right now. Half a dozen US companies are 40% of the stockmarket. Crazy... These same big 6 have bought over 500 smaller companies in the last 10 years to ensure their corporate monopolies. Who's gonna stop them? It's the ugly side of capitalism.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Firstoff, please give a definition of "slavery" in order to avoid confusion. I suspect you are using this term in a very loose context, so your analogies will fly.

(July 4, 2020 at 10:43 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:
Quote:Capitalist take all the risk thus they should make the profits they do 
A plantation owner makers takes all the risk when opening a plantation and buying slaves .Does that make his profits moral ?
False analogy

Quote:Capitalism is voluntary 
Nope wage slavery 
False analogy, but please elaborate and demonstrate this to be more than just that if you wish.

Quote:You get to choose your boss 
Oh goodie in get to choose between slave masters on which one will fuck me over .
Doubling down on false analogy, after it being pointed out.

Quote:You can open a business if you want 
Some you go from slave to slave owner ? Does this justify Capitalism ?
Straw man, based on a false analogy and shifting burden of proof.

Quote:People under capitalism can be materially well off 
Slaves can be  materially well off  and historically many have been .
False analogy for the upteenth time, making your objection irrelevant, for the upteenth time.

Quote:Capitalism innovates 
Nazi Germany innovated in fact any economic system has innovated so nothing special here 
With the problem being, that "Nazi Germany" was no economic system.
Thank you for providing further evidence for Godwins law however.

Quote:Capitalism has raised people from poverty 
Yup into slavery
False analogy, gross oversimplification respectively (on both sides). 
But please, if you wish, elaborate on "wage slavery" in every capitalist system.

Quote:Venezuela 
Most of it's economy is privately owned  and most of it's problems are caused by internal corruption that's existed for decades . 
Which is irrelevant to the general question if capitalism is a morally defensible economic system. Silly argument from both sides, again

Quote:But look at North Korea compared to South Korea 
South Korea has had huge amounts of government control over it's economy .Trying to prop it up as a success of Capitalism is laughable 
True, but the bigger problem with that silly analogy is that any country/economy looks good compared to NK.

Your schtick of "capitalism= slavery and slavery = bad" is laughably simple and laughably wrong, just as any ANCAP (i didnt bother to check if those arguments really are part of ANCAP, and giving you the benefit of doubt not to be dishonest here) arguments you tried to counter. Countering bad arguments with equally bad ones is not a good strategy, imho.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(July 4, 2020 at 11:02 pm)ignoramus Wrote: All Capitalism needs some sort of moderation else it becomes unsustainable. (good in theory but human greed will always force the wealth divide apart sadly)

Look at the US stockmarket right now. Half a dozen US companies are 40% of the stockmarket. Crazy... These same big 6 have bought over 500 smaller companies in the last 10 years to ensure their corporate monopolies. Who's gonna stop them? It's the ugly side of capitalism.

Capitalism is amoral so needs to be kept firmly in check because the easiest ways to obtain profits tend to be immoral.

Slavery, fraud, theft, misrepresentation all of these are easy ways to profit and coorporations have form with all of these.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 5, 2020 at 3:53 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Firstoff, please give a definition of "slavery" in order to avoid confusion. I suspect you are using this term in a very loose context, so your analogies will fly.

(July 4, 2020 at 10:43 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: A plantation owner makers takes all the risk when opening a plantation and buying slaves .Does that make his profits moral ?
False analogy

(July 4, 2020 at 10:43 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: Nope wage slavery 
False analogy, but please elaborate and demonstrate this to be more than just that if you wish.

(July 4, 2020 at 10:43 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: Oh goodie in get to choose between slave masters on which one will fuck me over .

(July 4, 2020 at 10:43 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: Some you go from slave to slave owner ? Does this justify Capitalism ?

(July 4, 2020 at 10:43 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: Slaves can be  materially well off  and historically many have been .
False analogy for the upteenth time, making your objection irrelevant, for the upteenth time.

(July 4, 2020 at 10:43 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: Nazi Germany innovated in fact any economic system has innovated so nothing special here 

(July 4, 2020 at 10:43 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: Yup into slavery
But please, if you wish, elaborate on "wage slavery" in every capitalist system.

(July 4, 2020 at 10:43 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: Most of it's economy is privately owned  and most of it's problems are caused by internal corruption that's existed for decades . 
Which is irrelevant to the general question if capitalism is a morally defensible economic system. Silly argument from both sides, again

(July 4, 2020 at 10:43 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: South Korea has had huge amounts of government control over it's economy .Trying to prop it up as a success of Capitalism is laughable 
True, but the bigger problem with that silly analogy is that any country/economy looks good compared to NK.

Your schtick of "capitalism= slavery and slavery = bad" is laughably simple and laughably wrong, just as any ANCAP (i didnt bother to check if those arguments really are part of ANCAP, and giving you the benefit of doubt not to be dishonest here) arguments you tried to counter. Countering bad arguments with equally bad ones is not a good strategy, imho.
1. I suggest you look up the term wage slavery as it is a valid economic term and is hardly obscure ever read Noam Chomsky 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wage_slave...immediate.

2.It's not a false analogy if justification for a system and the profits earned from that system and justification is that both the capitalist and plantation both put risk into the plantation or business  (including the slaves ) Then it''s fair to ask if one would justify slavery the same way they would justify capitalism 

3.Being told to work or starve is wage slavery. It's not my fault you don't know that term 

4.It's not doubling down you realize former slaves became slave owners
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ellison  

5.Strawman of who? It's not a false analogy .Nor am i shifting the burden of proof 

6.Not a false analogy WAGE SLAVERY IS A VALID TERM and can be compared to chattel slavery in a number of ways .

7.The analogy still works because relevant point was innovation the point being evil or immoral systems can innovate thus innovation alone cannot justify a system as good  . Seriously how did you not get that? ,And godwin's law doesn't apply because i'm not saying Capitalism is like Nazi Germany i was point out that just because Nazi innovated didn't make them good . I could just as easily used the USSR or Golden Age Islam the Nazi bit really wasn't needed but it was example of such a system . 

8.If you already validity of wage slavery (a term you should looked up before commenting if you felt i didn't describe thought didn't think i needed too as it's a common leftist term ) And you accept communism has lifted people out of poverty China and India as examples capitalists 

9.No it's not . The Capitalist argues the justification for capitalism is it's ability to  provide necessities for people  and Venezuela's poverty and lack of resource is a result of what happens when Capitalism is absent in a society . While Capitalist critic will point out that those problems stem from corruption not a lack of capitalism 

10.No that's not the problem . The Capitalist argues that South Korea success is due to the presence of capitalism and North Korea's is a lack of capitalism .The Capitalist Critic will point out it wasn't Capitalism that made South Korea prosperous  nor by the way is a lack of Capitalism North Korea's problem 

So to sum up you managed  misunderstand pretty much every point i made . Made no effort to understand a common academically valid term central to the post . But came in guns ablazing anyway  Clap
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 5, 2020 at 2:48 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:
(July 5, 2020 at 3:53 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Firstoff, please give a definition of "slavery" in order to avoid confusion. I suspect you are using this term in a very loose context, so your analogies will fly.

False analogy

1. I suggest you look up the term wage slavery as it is a valid economic term and is hardly obscure ever read Noam Chomsky 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wage_slave...immediate.

2.It's not a false analogy if justification for a system and the profits earned from that system and justification is that both the capitalist and plantation both put risk into the plantation or business  (including the slaves ) Then it''s fair to ask if one would justify slavery the same way they would justify capitalism 

3.Being told to work or starve is wage slavery it's not my fault you don't know that term 

4.It's not doubling down you realize former slaves became slave owners
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ellison  

5.Strawman of who? It's not a false analogy .Nor am i shifting the burden of proof 

6.Not a false analogy WAGE SLAVERY IS A VALID TERM and can be compared to chattel slavery in a number of ways .

7.The analogy still works because relevant point was innovation the point being evil or immoral systems can innovate thus innovation alone cannot justify a system as good  . Seriously how did you not get that? ,And godwin's law doesn't apply because i'm not saying Capitalism is like Nazi Germany i was point out that just because Nazi innovated didn't make them good . I could just as easily used the USSR or Golden Age Islam the Nazi bit really wasn't needed but it was example of such a system . 

8.If you already validity of wage slavery (a term you should looked up before commenting if you felt i didn't describe thought didn't think i needed too as it's a common leftist term ) And you accept communism has lifted people out of poverty China and India as examples capitalists 

9.No it's not . The Capitalist argues the justification for capitalism is it's ability to  provide necessities for people  and Venezuela's poverty and lack of resource is a result of what happens when Capitalism is absent in a society . While Capitalist critic will point out that those problems stem from corruption not a lack of capitalism 

10.No that's not the problem . The Capitalist argues that South Korea success is due to the presence of capitalism and North Korea's is a lack of capitalism .The Capitalist Critic will point out it wasn't Capitalism that made South Korea prosperous  nor by the way is a lack of Capitalism North Korea's problem 

So to sum up you managed  misunderstand pretty much every point i made . Made no effort to understand a common academically valid term central to the post . But came in guns ablazing anyway  Clap
As i suspected *sigh*, not even an attempt of defining slavery. Just the false equivocation(s) and poor analogies based on those. So i am asking you to give definition of the term for the context in which you use it.

Wage slavery
Your original claim was that "capitalism is wage slavery". Are you claiming, maintaining the claim that every employee who works for a wage is a *slave*?  If so, you need to define your usage of the term *slavery*

Comparison of plantation owners
The original claim you tried to refute was "Capitalist take all the risk thus they should make the profits they do". That has nothing to do with slavery, just with a risk/reward assessment.

You then equivocated being a capitalist with being a plantation owner who has slaves. Noone but you claimed that capitalists need slaves to make profit, just like planation owners. Asking for justification of your equivocation /strawman leads nowhere.

Being told to work or starve is wage slavery
I dont know where you live, but in my country we arent forced ot work or starve. I could stop workign tomorrow and would never starve, and i am living in a country with a capitalist economy.
Yes there are capitalist systems where that is the case, but not all of them. Sorry, your brush is way to broad.

In reference to your 8.: Are you claiming that China is a good example of communism lifting people out of poverty? Maybe there is a language barrier.

...and here i am running out of time

But, yes i know what wage slavery is, thank you for the condescension. Maybe you should realize that we are not in the late 19th century anymore. Since i am not a Noam Chomsky worshipper (although i have read quite a bit of him) i am not very impressed by your name dropping. I pretty much understood what your point was, particularly when i said your modus operandi is "slavery = bad, capitalism = slavery --> capitalism = bad), because thats exactly what you conveyed, didnt you? "Talking about misunderstanding and lack of effort: You should reflect on your usage of the term *slave* and or give a definition of the term in the context you are using it.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
Quote:As i suspected *sigh*, not even an attempt of defining slavery. Just the false equivocation(s) and poor analogies based on those. So i am asking you to give definition of the term for the context in which you use it.
As i suspected not even a attempt at understanding my definition of slavery though i linked whole wiki on it . Just accusing me fallacies i have not committed. And i already answered it's in the freaking article i linked .But if you need a piffy quote

[Image: vzoasqsh08e31.jpg]

[Image: EO-Qc9fX4AAeRZ_.jpg]

Quote:Wage slavery
Your original claim was that "capitalism is wage slavery". Are you claiming, maintaining the claim that every employee who works for a wage is a *slave*?  If so, you need to define your usage of the term *slavery*
No i'm not claiming that . For a guy who claims to know what the term wage slavery means you think you understand that it's not every worker who works for a wage . But yes Capitalism requires wage slavery .

Quote:Comparison of plantation owners
The original claim you tried to refute was "Capitalist take all the risk thus they should make the profits they do". That has nothing to do with slavery, just with a risk/reward assessment.
Yes it does both the Capitalist and the Plantation owner justify their exploitation and the exploitative system their part of by arguing they take the risk so they should keep the profits of the exploitation

Quote:. No One but you claimed that capitalists need slaves to make profit, just like plantation owners. Asking for justification of your equivocation /strawman leads nowhere.
Unless your telling me Capitalism doesn't require workers (wage slaves or a least of subset of workers who are wage slaves ) to exploit just as the plantation required chattel slaves . I don't know what to say to such silliness . But that wasn't the point the point was both use risk and investment as justification of their exploitation and there keeping of profits from said exploitation . So no my analogy was more than adequate 

Quote:Being told to work or starve is wage slavery
I don't know where you live, but in my country we aren't forced to work or starve. I could stop working tomorrow and would never starve, and i am living in a country with a capitalist economy.
Yes there are capitalist systems where that is the case, but not all of them. Sorry, your brush is way to broad.
Unless you're telling me you don't need money to live and the acquisition of that money is totally voluntary without any negative consequences to your socio economic conditions then you must live in a utopia,  So no it's not to broad a brush unless your going to tell no poverty results from not working it stands (Starve wasn't referring to food it was referring to socio economic deprivation )

[Image: EYTEPzRXsAAepII.jpg]

[Image: deinl2zvodu31.jpg]

Quote:In reference to your 8.: Are you claiming that China is a good example of communism lifting people out of poverty? Maybe there is a language barrier.
Capitalists argue that Capitalism has lifted people out of poverty in China (China hasn't been a pure communist country in decades ) The critic will point out that the only that's occurred is by essentially pushing their  population into wage slavery (the capitalist owned sweatshops )  So the trade is hardly a moral one .

Quote:But, yes i know what wage slavery is, thank you for the condescension.
It wasn't condescension .You didn't seem to have any clue what it meant (and still don't seem to because you keep asking to define the slavery part)

Quote: Maybe you should realize that we are not in the late 19th century anymore. 
It applies just as much to 21 century as 19th century . Unless you're telling to say Capitalism has become more benevolent in the 21st century .

Quote:Since i am not a Noam Chomsky worshipper (although i have read quite a bit of him) i am not very impressed by your name dropping.
I don't worship him i respect him, And i wasn't dropping names as he's a great deal of work on this subject and is a good source for understanding it 

Quote: I pretty much understood what your point was, particularly when i said your modus operandi is "slavery = bad, capitalism = slavery --> capitalism = bad),
No you apparently don't my point was every moral defense of capitalism is not because of capitalism or could equally be used to justify an evil or immoral system. Paired with the fact Capitalism is a exploitative and results in wage slavery . 

Quote:because thats exactly what you conveyed, didnt you? "
Nope 

Quote:Talking about misunderstanding and lack of effort: You should reflect on your usage of the term *slave* and or give a definition of the term in the context you are using it.
My use of slavery is fine as is the context so there is nothing to reflect on . You on the other hand have a lot of work ahead of you . Though you say you read Chomsky who literally does side by side of capitalism similarities to chattel slavery and other forms of slavery .Or 

[Image: EO_r94pUEAEmc-t.jpg]

[Image: EP4jiQRU0AAooXL?format=jpg&name=900x900]
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I love being called stupid.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 5, 2020 at 5:49 pm)brewer Wrote: I love being called stupid.
I didn't call you stupid . But if you use any of the above arguments then those arguments are stupid .
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

All Rich people started from the bottom or their parents did. Or they risked their life earning their money through crime. So, go work hard and your childern will be rich, or their children will be. This bitching is pointless.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anarcho-capitalist libertarianism Disinter 125 33343 December 6, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mitt Romney Is Kinda Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 89 5952 May 3, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  what I Find Really Stupid Rhondazvous 24 1786 April 13, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  A Stupid Statements About Single Payer Healthcare Amarok 43 6793 December 1, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  You Were Stupid. Will You Still Be Stupid in 2020? Minimalist 39 5097 May 15, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Bombing Syria is stupid, this is just gonna be like Iraq war Ruckus123 48 4606 April 14, 2018 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Are Muslims the real threat? stupid rightist propaganda WinterHold 73 16202 November 1, 2017 at 9:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  More stupid from Sessions: "gay people aren't protected from discrimination Foxaèr 10 5057 July 27, 2017 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Do you think Trump supporters are too stupid to realize they are stupid NuclearEnergy 28 6449 April 22, 2017 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Just In: Trump Is Even More Stupid Than I Suspected BrianSoddingBoru4 41 8777 February 28, 2017 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus