Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the cake to the school
From the cake to the school
Quote:ADF defends Indiana teacher who rejected his district’s transgender-inclusive policy

The Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), an anti-LGBTQ hate group, has pounced on yet another opportunity to advocate against transgender students in schools. This time, ADF is defending an Indiana orchestra teacher who resigned rather than comply with his school’s policy requiring him to respect the gender identities of his students.

https://thinkprogress.org/hate-group-def...3810698c3/
RE: From the cake to the school
Two fuckin bad ya dipshit, you resigned. Take it on the road.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
These assholes think that freedom means the right to be an asshole to people in professional capacity . And delude themselves into thinking we need to respect their bigotry which they laughably title" freedom of conscience " or "sincerely held beliefs "
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Hey, I grew up in Indiana. It's sometimes very hard to tell the dicks from the cunts.
I think that this will be fairly difficult to argue based on religious grounds. And I would agree, that they shouldn’t be taking this case.

I think that the teacher has a right to their opinion, and can disagree with the ways that the transgender issues are being handled, but framing this, in the way they are is wrong, and likely to lose.

I do find the teachers solution of calling everyone indiscriminately by their last name to be a descent compromise, and wonder why that is an issue? So far it Seems I’m mostly just seeing the knee jerk reaction of the opposing side, and it will be interesting to see more details, from the POV of the teacher, and how they will argue it.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
I call students whatever they ask me to call them, as long as it's within school regulations.  One student even insisted on being called the oncoming storm.  I was okay with that.  It's what he wanted, and it made him happy.  He thought it was funny, and thought I was the 'coolest teacher ever' (not only for calling him that, but for getting the reference).  He was a good student too, and aced my class.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 26932 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5824 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1357 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  School of Hard Rock Hotel knocks. Brian37 5 650 October 15, 2019 at 5:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Middle School Hit List Foxaèr 24 2602 April 24, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Nuns steal ~$500k from school for Vegas trips - face no charges Fidel_Castronaut 15 1360 December 11, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Bring your Bible to school day, 10/4/18 vorlon13 11 1867 September 15, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  22nd School Shooting this year Joods 88 7261 May 21, 2018 at 6:18 am
Last Post: Joods
  Oregon School District forces LGBT kids to read bible as punishment Divinity 42 3733 May 14, 2018 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Shooting at high school in Maryland. Multuple injuries reported. c172 38 3973 March 20, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Mystic