Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremists: a question and a talk
Extremists: a question and a talk
If you ever took a close look to the Muslim society, Muslims are categorized into three factions:

1-Self haters
2-Extremists
3-True believers

It is not strange for one category to carry small bits of the other categories; either. So you can see a true believer who carries some self hate or some extremism, and vice versa for every category.

In this topic I want to discuss the "extremists" in specific.

Mostly, this category feels alienated and out of society, its members also feel that everybody in the world is fighting them, anger can be seen shining from their propaganda, and vengeance is one of the main goals of their struggle. Desperation also serves their struggle and is the engine behind their signature act: suicide bombing.

The problem with this category of Muslims is the direct ignoring they do in front of direct verses from the Quran they believe in:

Quote:https://quran.com/7/56?translations=
Sura 7, The Quran:

Sahih International

(56) And cause not corruption upon the earth after its reformation. And invoke Him in fear and aspiration. Indeed, the mercy of Allah is near to the doers of good.

and:

Quote:https://quran.com/5/32?translations=86,29
Surah 5, the Quran:

Sahih International

(32) Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

But these verses are totally ignored by the extremist mind. Souls are being killed without a soul -the children dying in suicide bombings and the civilians-, corruption takes place with the rash acts of extremists.

But all of that opposing opinion from the same religion extremists say they believe in, does not hold any of them from pressing the trigger, bombing hundreds to oblivion.

Terrorism of extremist Muslim militias, is not at all different in evil than the tactical bombing and savage nuclear threat of non-Muslim superpowers. Actually; it's a very sad thing that a Muslim justifies the crimes they make by the evil done by other regimes and systems, it only differs in scale.

But the question asked for the supporters of Jihadi movements: don't you feel shame of going against obvious, clear verses from your own religion, like the ones above?

Do children and suicide bombing casualties know in what they were killed or because of what?
RE: Extremists: a question and a talk
That is why we should not seek moral lessons from make believe bull shit.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

The problem, Atlas, is that all of that shit is so poorly written/translated that anyone can find exactly what they want in it.  Xtians do it all the time too, so it is nothing to feel special about.
Do those verses come earlier or later than the violent ones they contradict? Because if it's earlier, then they get overruled by the violent ones.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 7, 2018 at 11:44 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: But the question asked for the supporters of Jihadi movements: don't you feel shame of going against obvious, clear verses from your own religion, like the ones above?

Do children and suicide bombing casualties know in what they were killed or because of what?

You're so full of shit. The Quran fully supports religious violence without any twisting or bending.

You're nothing but another dishonest apologist.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 7, 2018 at 11:53 am)Minimalist Wrote: The problem, Atlas, is that all of that shit is so poorly written/translated that anyone can find exactly what they want in it.  Xtians do it all the time too, so it is nothing to feel special about.

If the words spoke the meaning themselves, then we don't need extra walls of text to put a justification the eye cannot see. Left is left; and right is right according to language rules; the text should never be taken but raw.

BTW, there was an ancient order of Muslims who believed in exactly this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu%CA%BFtazila

The Quran is 600 pages, you only see a justification for its verses when you present the Hadith books to be companions of the Quran. Suddenly the 600 pages become 2000 or even 20000. And then only cherry picking happens and becomes possible.

(July 7, 2018 at 12:47 pm)robvalue Wrote: Do those verses come earlier or later than the violent ones they contradict? Because if it's earlier, then they get overruled by the violent ones.

I don't know. I also explained why I don't buy any history foretold by Islamic sects.

(July 7, 2018 at 2:20 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(July 7, 2018 at 11:44 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: But the question asked for the supporters of Jihadi movements: don't you feel shame of going against obvious, clear verses from your own religion, like the ones above?

You're so full of shit.  The Quran fully supports religious violence without any twisting or bending.

?
I brought forth the evidence from the same book you accuse; bring an opposing evidence or bring an opposing evidence.

I'm not full of shit. I pooped recently.
I have read the Koran twice. Translation by Abdullah Yusef Ali. That is why I left the Chisti Sufi order. The Koran is as violent as the Judeo-Christian Babble. If we want a peaceful world we need to leave this Bronze Aged bullshit behind and start asking what really will produce a peaceful world. The Abrahamic religions have overwhelmingly proved themselves incapable.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Categories 2 and 3 have a fair amount of overlap, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 7, 2018 at 5:01 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Categories 2 and 3 have a fair amount of overlap, lol.

But if they are true believers then they must not be extremists necessarily? Are you suggesting that violence is normal? If so, then wouldn't the extremists be the peaceful ones, like Atlas actually. I'm a bit confused.

(July 7, 2018 at 3:40 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(July 7, 2018 at 2:20 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: You're so full of shit.  The Quran fully supports religious violence without any twisting or bending.

?
I brought forth the evidence from the same book you accuse; bring an opposing evidence or bring an opposing evidence.

I'm not full of shit. I pooped recently.

I already did, but you just ignored it.

https://atheistforums.org/thread-55130-p...pid1784020
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women allowed to dive in Saudi Arabia; more talk WinterHold 2 1276 September 28, 2017 at 2:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  We need to talk about Muhammad mralstoner 28 3458 June 15, 2016 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: mralstoner
  At least 70 dead by Islamic extremists. downbeatplumb 15 3760 April 5, 2015 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist