Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Do You Fall On The Boru Scale?
Where Do You Fall On The Boru Scale?
(The following is inspired by and dedicated to Professor Richard Dawkins, whose 'belief scale' has given people the guidance they need to know what they already know.)

Please choose the number that best describes how you feel.  Have this number printed on a t-shirt and wear it to important social functions, such as orgies and beheadings.

17.  Deep down, you suspect that no one really likes grapefruit.

1 000 206.  Your favourite colour is 'clear' and you adore the smell of oxygen.

6.022140857 × 10^23.  You have a burning desire to launch a campaign to convince people that moles deserve their civil rights.

3.14159.  Five should be enough for anyone.

91.  You try to suppress the urge to kick anyone who sings 'Oranges and Lemons' and you aren't sure how long you can hold out.

10.  It isn't terminal.  Probably.

666.  You know.  Don't gimme that, you DO know.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Where Do You Fall On The Boru Scale?
3 Because if it's enough for BS Johnson, it's bloody well good enough for me.

(August 21, 2018 at 5:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 91.  You try to suppress the urge to kick anyone who sings 'Oranges and Lemons' and you aren't sure how long you can hold out.

[singing voice] Here comes a candle to light you to bed,
And here comes a chopper to chop off your head[/singing voice]
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(August 21, 2018 at 5:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: (The following is inspired by and dedicated to Professor Richard Dawkins, whose 'belief scale' has given people the guidance they need to know what they already know.)

Please choose the number that best describes how you feel.  Have this number printed on a t-shirt and wear it to important social functions, such as orgies and beheadings.

17.  Deep down, you suspect that no one really likes grapefruit.

1 000 206.  Your favourite colour is 'clear' and you adore the smell of oxygen.

6.022140857 × 10^23.  You have a burning desire to launch a campaign to convince people that moles deserve their civil rights.

3.14159.  Five should be enough for anyone.

91.  You try to suppress the urge to kick anyone who sings 'Oranges and Lemons' and you aren't sure how long you can hold out.

10.  It isn't terminal.  Probably.

666.  You know.  Don't gimme that, you DO know.

Boru

ALL of the above.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Eleventy-two.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm a solid BB-8.
6.022140857 × 10^23

I'm a Social Justice Chemist
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
I didn't see an option for "face first". (god I hope it's not analog)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 21, 2018 at 6:11 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I didn't see an option for "face first". (god I hope it's not analog)

Hey at least there is no "pile of shit" option
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(August 21, 2018 at 6:09 pm)Lucanus Wrote: 6.022140857 × 10^23

I'm a Social Justice Chemist

You're a mole!
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
These are hysterical.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday Boru! arewethereyet 16 457 March 27, 2024 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Happy Birthday Boru! arewethereyet 13 1066 March 24, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Happy Birthday Boru! arewethereyet 20 888 March 26, 2022 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Boru’s Insanely, Absurdly Easy Music Quiz BrianSoddingBoru4 10 588 November 7, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Boru changed colors on us! arewethereyet 28 1544 November 1, 2020 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Atheist Trivia, A Boru inspired thread..... Brian37 10 1332 November 18, 2018 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Military people, fall in! Gawdzilla Sama 36 4465 October 23, 2018 at 7:35 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What is Everyone's Mood Right Now on a Scale Of 0-10? Edwardo Piet 64 12653 May 19, 2017 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Happy Belated Birthday Boru! brewer 10 639 March 27, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The registering your one-name, Boru-esque sig thread Whateverist 119 6977 May 9, 2016 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Alex K