Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to know your SO is a nerd.
How to know your SO is a nerd.
"Time to change those socks."

"Why?"

"Miller and Urey have already done that experiment."
RE: How to know your SO is a nerd.
'Wow! Hey, luv, come look at the copyright number on this tax form!'

'Ok, what about it?'

'It's just one digit off from Captain Kirk's Starfleet serial number!!'

'I'm going to bed.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"Your home! How as your day?"

"About like Nostromo's last trip."
'Look, hon - that $500 LOTR chess set I ordered online finally arrived!  Se,, the kings are Gandalf and Sauron, the queens are Galadriel and Shelob.  Now, you have to squint a bit to see it, but the bishops are...'

'I want a divorce.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"I've pre-ordered the next King Kong movie."

"They haven't started filming it yet!"

"So?"
Comment as you are leaving the theater after seeing the latest MCU movie:
I wonder when this will be out on DVD.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
She names her top 40 favorite Hammer films by Rotten Tomatoes rank order.

From memory.
A: "You're wearing that?"
B: "Why what's wrong with it?"
A: "Critical miss."
<insert profound quote here>
*he is playing Assassin's Creed III. I'm playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag next to him on a different TV*
Me: You really should put your ship between the enemy and your ally so you shield them.
Him: Don't tell me what to do. You are a girl and you are bad luck for a ship.
Me: Bitch I'm your grandfather and I've been on the seas since before your parents were even born two games ago.

*fractures arm*
Boss: Are you going to be okay to work?
"Yeah I will just eat a few wheels of cheese and I will be fine"
Boss: .... what?
*Tells this conversation to SO after work*
Him: You should have told her you'd go break some pots to look for hearts or asked her where the nearest fairy cave was."

Me: I'm shaving above the knee.
Him: You must be a good hooker.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Her bedsheets have blue telephone boxes on them. 

Half of what she owns has blue telephone boxes on them.  Dodgy

Boss Lady has directed me to point out that there are two signs on my office door:

"Station 9 3/4"

and

"No Muggles beyond this point."

I'm not sure what she's trying to prove there.  Levitate

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3668 197899 4 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1082 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  I know something you don't know... Jackalope 98 17361 April 22, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Great Nerd Debate: Sith or Jedi The Valkyrie 27 8190 September 13, 2017 at 5:25 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Real world example of "I don't even know what I don't even know" ErGingerbreadMandude 24 3915 January 25, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  The Geek/Nerd Thread The Valkyrie 89 7919 February 2, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Joods
Question Do you know your credit card number- Aractus 22 2467 September 24, 2015 at 10:47 pm
  The Big Bang Theory (TV Show) Bugbear (Nerd Alert) ManMachine 19 3915 April 4, 2014 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: ManMachine
  This Is When You Know Its Not Your Day Minimalist 8 1578 April 2, 2014 at 9:42 pm
  Do you know how to CORRECTLY add milk to your tea? CleanShavenJesus 47 7129 June 22, 2013 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Walking Void