Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Oil Market Crashes
US Oil Market Crashes
The US market price for light crude is now -$35/barrel. This is clearly the time to buy. If you buy ten barrels of oil, you get the oil PLUS $350.

That’s how it works, right? Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: US Oil Market Crashes
(April 20, 2020 at 4:32 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The US market price for light crude is now -$35/barrel. This is clearly the time to buy. If you buy ten barrels of oil, you get the oil PLUS $350.

That’s how it works, right? Smile

Boru
Do you have to be so ... crude?
I know the world cant get off fossil fuels in a day, but the truth is science has known as early as the 1890s that burning too much greenhouse gasses/CO2 will damage the planet.

I hope our species isn't beyond the point of no return. But the fossil full industry CEOs and shareholders are not going to give up without a fight. I could care less if a barrel of crude was a penny, it will cost far more to ignore the global warming burning fossil fuels in the future if we continue to ignore the damage it is causing.
Shareholders will shift their investment wherever the best return on investment is.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(April 20, 2020 at 4:58 pm)Mr Greene Wrote: Shareholders will shift their investment wherever the best return on investment is.

Which is likely to bankrupt the petroleum industry (or at least large parts of it). That would be bad.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It is what it is, you'd then get calls for nationalization.
That might produce a rather dramatic change in the American outlook if it actually came to pass.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

I'm sure that the oil industry has made enough money that they will feel ashamed when they hold out their hands to the gov for some "spare change". /sarc
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(April 20, 2020 at 5:38 pm)Mr Greene Wrote: It is what it is, you'd then get calls for nationalization.
That might produce a rather dramatic change in the American outlook if it actually came to pass.

What about GM? How many bloody times are THEY going to be nationalized?
*looks at his watch* Shit, the US is almost ready for another war. It's the Saudi's turn. Or maybe Iran. Or Nth Korea? anyone really.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(April 20, 2020 at 4:46 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I know the world cant get off fossil fuels in a day, but the truth is science has known as early as the 1890s that burning too much greenhouse gasses/CO2 will damage the planet.

I hope our species isn't beyond the point of no return. But the fossil full industry CEOs and shareholders are not going to give up without a fight. I could care less if a barrel of crude was a penny, it will cost far more to ignore the global warming burning fossil fuels in the future if we continue to ignore the damage it is causing.

You "know"?

Really...

Is your degree in mechanical engineering? You have a doctorate in thermodynamics? 

How exactly did you come by this "knowledge"?

And tell us how you are going to harness the terrawatts of power we need for a medium sized US city.... Then tell us where the rest of the planet is going to get theirs.....

Your "knowledge" you are pontificating smells suspiciously like an ill formed opinion in my book.. I'm betting "just think happy thoughts" has a great deal to do with your "knowledge".
War will almost certainly follow, Nations are going to be piling on the debt right now, and will become desperate when payment is due.
The US and/or Europe might well get pulled in but economic stress will likely be the best indicator of where it will break out.
-Esquilax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING: Oil crashes by most since 1991 as Saudi Arabia launches price war WinterHold 52 3135 April 25, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  FORBES OP/ED blasts the global market. Brian37 17 1291 May 20, 2019 at 11:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The market and where the economy is going. Jackalope 19 2231 December 15, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Trump Says Market Would Crash If He Gets Impeached BrianSoddingBoru4 119 11245 August 29, 2018 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Trump tweets that oil prices are too high, prices per barrel drop Napoléon 13 2345 April 25, 2018 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Snake Oil Futures Are Down Minimalist 0 385 April 19, 2018 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mother crashes car to prove god is real. brewer 20 1900 March 25, 2018 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Train Carrying GOP Members Crashes Into Trash Truck A Theist 40 5673 February 1, 2018 at 6:43 am
Last Post: A Theist
  Oil Company/Act of God brewer 1 814 January 20, 2016 at 5:25 pm
  Keep Conserving Oil and Drive These Wahabbist Fuckheads Minimalist 8 2612 October 26, 2015 at 4:26 pm