Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can walk on water but turns it into wine instead. DOOH!
Can walk on water but turns it into wine instead. DOOH!
I put this in the humor section because I don't believe it warrants any serious discussion.
But I am curious to hear from apologists.

Why didn't Jesus travel the whole world to spread the word of God? Was God not interested in India, Australia, America?
I mean, God gave Jesus the ability to walk on water, right? But hippie Jesus was more interested in performing parlor tricks in his own neighborhood.

No wonder the old man had him offed!

I know this sounds crazy but is it possible that the bible was written by sheep herders instead who knew nothing of these other great places and their peoples?
Even the King James revision from 1604-1610 wouldn't embellish it because Australia still wasn't discovered by the poms for another 150 years!

Didn't mean to offend any theists, I'm just bored is all Dunno

Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Can walk on water but turns it into wine instead. DOOH!
His feet got tired, and he couldn't afford a boat.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
walking on water is rough on your feet? Who knew Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
There are people who claim - with a straight face, no less - that Jesus travelled to Britain, Kashmir, India, Japan and did a grand tour of the Mediterranean. There are also accounts that he visited Russia and the Americas after his resurrection.

This is the religious equivalent of fan fiction.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I can understand their logic. It's not that much more of a leap to go from "you can't prove my God doesn't exist" to "you can't prove my Jesus wasn't hanging 5 on the waves in Hawaii at age 53".
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 30, 2021 at 5:54 am)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: I can understand their logic. It's not that much more of a leap to go from "you can't prove my God doesn't exist" to "you can't prove my Jesus wasn't hanging 5 on the waves in Hawaii at age 53".

One particular loon made the claim that Jesus survived the crucifixion and died in India at the age of 120.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 30, 2021 at 7:01 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 30, 2021 at 5:54 am)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: I can understand their logic. It's not that much more of a leap to go from "you can't prove my God doesn't exist" to "you can't prove my Jesus wasn't hanging 5 on the waves in Hawaii at age 53".

One particular loon made the claim that Jesus survived the crucifixion and died in India at the age of 120.

Boru

There's supposedly descendants in Japan.

Jesus was apparently banging his way across the world after he was resurrected...
Dying to live, living to die.
Correct. He wanted others to know what it felt like to cop a nine incher!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 30, 2021 at 7:10 am)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: Correct. He wanted others to know what it felt like to cop a nine incher!

Well, his final words were, "This isn't what I thought he meant when Judas said he'd get me nailed in Jerusalem!"
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Water Haipule 13 1530 August 20, 2018 at 6:14 am
Last Post: pgrimes15
  Jeremy Kyle goes into Room 101 Edwardo Piet 10 1218 April 8, 2018 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Will Trumps turn this Xmas into a nightmare? Fake Messiah 13 1564 December 1, 2017 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Water Haipule 8 1107 November 21, 2017 at 5:45 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Jesus Gave Me Water Fake Messiah 1 586 October 19, 2016 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Athene
  Not into golf but might watch if...... Brian37 14 1763 August 17, 2016 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Putting shit into perspective Napoléon 21 4661 February 6, 2015 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Video Sye Ten's Presuppositional Ice Water Bucket Challenge Dolorian 3 1130 September 3, 2014 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Losty
  Louisiana residents warned of brain-eating organism in water supply Diablo 2 969 August 31, 2014 at 11:47 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Walk on Water Max_Kolbe 0 650 November 10, 2013 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Max_Kolbe