Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad idea CDC
Thumbs Up 
Bad idea CDC
The CDC has lifted the mask mandate for those who are fully vaccinated.

Bad idea. Watch for the next spike in COVID19 deaths.

Why?

Because the morons who oppose vaccination are the type that are happy to run about without a mask. They will insure a new spread of the virus.

Oh well.

We' re overpopulated anyway.

Dunno
RE: Bad idea CDC
I think it's a bad idea too.

We are not a country of people who can work with the honor system.

I'll continue wearing a mask on my rare outings.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I’m not sure it’ll change the rate of infection all that much, since any increase in unmasked people will be those who have been vaccinated. People who resist getting vaccinated are the ones who are already going maskless.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 14, 2021 at 7:45 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’m not sure it’ll change the rate of infection all that much, since any increase in unmasked people will be those who have been vaccinated. People who resist getting vaccinated are the ones who are already going maskless.

Boru

Now the.maskless infected will be free to roam Walmsrt without a mandated mask.....

It will increase the spread. Count on it.
No, they wont be. The CDC didn't lift walmarts mask policy and it explicitly says that people should continue to follow state and local mandates and ordinances as well as store policies.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 14, 2021 at 7:56 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: No, they wont be.  The CDC didn't lift walmarts mask policy and it explicitly says that people should continue to follow state and local mandates and ordinances as well as store policies.

People barely pay attention to a cop with a gun.

You think they' re going to snap-to for the Wallyworld greeter?

Bwaaahahahaha

Hilarious
Inasmuch as they ever have been, sure. If what you take issue with is that people won't follow the cdcs very good suggestion.......well, you be you.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 14, 2021 at 8:08 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Inasmuch as they ever have been, sure.  If what you take issue with is that people won't follow the cdcs very good suggestion.......well, you be you.

People for the most part are selfish, lazy and stupid. They will do whatever suits them if they think they can get away with it.

You' re a schmuck if you expect good behavior.
At a certain point we have to get back to normal, and wearing a mask every day simply isn't normal. No matter if Asian culture has normalized it.

Also, people don't have common sense anymore like they used to. If they don't want to be vaccinated, let their ignorance ruin them. We cannot go on wearing masks, hoping that people will get smart and get vaccinated, after all.
(May 14, 2021 at 8:12 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(May 14, 2021 at 8:08 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Inasmuch as they ever have been, sure.  If what you take issue with is that people won't follow the cdcs very good suggestion.......well, you be you.

People for the most part are selfish, lazy and stupid. They will do whatever suits them if they think they can get away with it.

You' re a schmuck if you expect good behavior.

Yeah, yeah, we know, you're a misanthrope.  

I'm just noting that the cdc did not, in point of actual fact in mere reality, do or suggest the thing you say they did.  Maybe that's an example of selfish lazy and stupid..and why should we expect good behavior from you, anyway, eh?

@Eleven

-Sure we can, it's inconvenient but a small inconvenience compared to half a million dead americans. We didn't abandon the antivaxxers before, I don't see why we'd start now. Sure, they have a shit idea - but it makes no sense for us to go with an even worse idea on account of that, imo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are executions making the US look bad? Jehanne 33 1573 May 18, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  How bad is our economy? (US) Foxaèr 28 1388 March 15, 2022 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you wonder how bad Detroit hospitals really are? onlinebiker 11 584 October 9, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Mark Cuban, "spend it or lose it" idea. Brian37 29 2005 May 19, 2020 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  POTUS having a really bad day today. Brian37 20 2664 November 20, 2019 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  Good Cop/Bad Cop? Nope. All Good. BrianSoddingBoru4 43 3882 February 25, 2019 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  THE WLB Will Appoint This Moron To Run The CDC Minimalist 1 422 November 5, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Good riddance to bad rubbish GUBU 9 1039 October 9, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Robert Reich: "We might be heading for a crash as bad as 1929" Aegon 10 1039 September 13, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  This space for rent: NASA considers ads on spacecraft - good or bad? Angrboda 16 602 September 13, 2018 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah