Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God's true home is NOT Heaven
God's true home is NOT Heaven
I have a riddle for you:

My name is Jesus, master of the Tri-Me. You and I are exactly the same, but no Christian nor the bible will ever admit that. What am I? Who else wants to name me? What explains the first question and the quantity of the answers in the second question simultaneously? This riddle is actually very easy depending on who you are. Why is that last question not wrong is a sense?

*end of riddle*

Good luck.
RE: God's true home is NOT Heaven
Fuck knows...

God's true home is on the book shelf next to Mother Goose.
(March 30, 2011 at 6:02 pm)theVOID Wrote: God's true home is on the book shelf next to Mother Goose.

Nope. That's just an atheistical bias.
Possibly, but my reasoning wasn't based on any bias I am aware of, which is something like follows:

1. We are not justified in beveling in the existence of God.
2. God is prominent in (holy) books
3. These books contain myth, legend and poetry.
4. Fiction, especially traditional cultural fiction, has similar themes.
5. Mother Goose is such a fiction
6. "Holy" texts are best placed next to these fictions on a shelve.
7. Therefore, God 's true home (seeing as he only exists in fiction) is best placed next to Mother goose.

Any biases there you are aware of?
Obviously God live here on Earth! I'm right here, aren't I?
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(March 30, 2011 at 6:56 pm)theVOID Wrote: Possibly, but my reasoning wasn't based on any bias I am aware of, which is something like follows:

7. Therefore, God 's true home (seeing as he only exists in fiction) is best placed next to Mother goose.

Lol. Purely fiction. God has no true home out side of the myths mentioned in the bible and the minds of the millions of of fundamentalist followers.
Sorry ment of his dam phone
I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them

-- Galileo Galilei
(March 30, 2011 at 6:56 pm)theVOID Wrote: Possibly, but my reasoning wasn't based on any bias I am aware of, which is something like follows:

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

I guess I'll have to give you a hint. What are believers REALLY doing when they think God wants them to do something? Everyone has a sense of _____.
Importance?

And to get back to your accusation of bias, did you manage to find out what (if any) it was?
(March 30, 2011 at 8:19 pm)the6dead Wrote: God has no true home out side of...the minds of the millions of of fundamentalist followers.

Here is a hint. What is God's vehicle?
Why don't you just get to the point and end this pseudo-intellectual masturbation?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Mandate of Heaven atheisthunt 22 3319 February 11, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Thumbs Up Alzheimers in heaven. onlinebiker 73 8302 October 28, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2547 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  The One True Dog Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 20 5191 March 16, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The One True God thread Angrboda 11 2690 March 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  The One TRUE Jesus Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 6 905 March 14, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pedophile Priest Hits Close To Home Seraphina 64 10828 March 14, 2018 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 33141 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 9045 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Can't Wait For The Day This Is True In The U.S. Minimalist 79 25145 September 13, 2017 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Godscreated