Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why the Bible is true
Why the Bible is true
Ravi Zacharias clears it up for us: http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=DZ6ZYPNX

Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
RE: Why the Bible is true
Verbose shithead, isn't he?
A bunch of lame claims of prophecy and biblical accuracy. "They shall look upon him whom they have pierced" does not necessarily describe a crucifixion. Sounds more like someone being stabbed.

And what about all of Jesus' failed prophecies of the end of the world and returning in his listeners' lifetimes? What about the fact that the messiah was supposed to be a military leader with an earthly kingdom, which Jesus never was? What about "he shall be called Immanuel" which Jesus never was in the New Testament?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(May 11, 2011 at 12:18 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: A bunch of lame claims of prophecy and biblical accuracy. "They shall look upon him whom they have pierced" does not necessarily describe a crucifixion. Sounds more like someone being stabbed.

And what about all of Jesus' failed prophecies of the end of the world and returning in his listeners' lifetimes? What about the fact that the messiah was supposed to be a military leader with an earthly kingdom, which Jesus never was? What about "he shall be called Immanuel" which Jesus never was in the New Testament?

Prove your statements.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Quote:And what about all of Jesus' failed prophecies of the end of the world and returning in his listeners' lifetimes?

We're still here. How much more proof do you need?

Your boy not only isn't coming back....he wasn't here in the first place.
Ohh - that's why.

thanks, that makes it all make sense now.
The name of this video should be called "Rhetoric from a Blowhard"
[Image: Evolution.png]

(May 11, 2011 at 12:24 pm)Godschild Wrote: Prove your statements.

Matthew 24, for starters. Jesus talks about all the bad things that will befall the earth at the end of the world, sun & moon darkened, etc, then says "This generation shall not pass from the earth until all these things come to pass." There are many other places in the gospels where he tells people that they shall not die until he returns.
--
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Jesus is not called Immanuel (or Emmanuel) anywhere in the New Testament. If he is, then please provide book, chapter, and verse.
--
Michah 5:6, talking about a new leader of Israel, a.k.a., the messiah: And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof: thus shall he deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our borders.

As far as I know, Jesus never led an army, nor did he defeat the Assyrians.

Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
9:10 And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth.

The gospels (especially Mt.21:4-5 and Jn.12:14-15) claim that Jesus fulfils the prophecy of Zech.9:9, but this is a military king with an earthly kingdom. Jesus was never a military leader, and he always said his kingdom was not of the earth.

Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(May 11, 2011 at 12:24 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(May 11, 2011 at 12:18 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: A bunch of lame claims of prophecy and biblical accuracy. "They shall look upon him whom they have pierced" does not necessarily describe a crucifixion. Sounds more like someone being stabbed.

Prove your statements.

Do you really think everyone is obliged to start from zero just because you have the attention span of a Zabriskan Fontema?
Exactly. My first thought was "fuck off," partly because I was in a bad mood at the time, but then I thought I'd play along and see what kind of lame arguments he'd come up with. But I don't feel obliged to provide evidence of every claim I make. Christians never do, so why should I?
(May 11, 2011 at 3:30 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Exactly. My first thought was "fuck off," partly because I was in a bad mood at the time, but then I thought I'd play along and see what kind of lame arguments he'd come up with. But I don't feel obliged to provide evidence of every claim I make. Christians never do, so why should I?

Because you're better than that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The One True Dog Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 20 5192 March 16, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The One True God thread Angrboda 11 2690 March 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  The One TRUE Jesus Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 6 908 March 14, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7602 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Why the Texas shooting is not evil, based on the bible Face2face 56 15607 November 16, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 33167 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 9046 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Can't Wait For The Day This Is True In The U.S. Minimalist 79 25150 September 13, 2017 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new Roeki 129 44962 July 9, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
Heart A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right? theBorg 26 6005 September 8, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue