Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The tea party comes to NZ!
The tea party comes to NZ!
I thought this was a joke at first, it's still a joke but unfortunately the people behind it don't realise how many people are laughing at them!

[Image: nzteaparty_logo-560x240.jpg]

I wonder how stupid these fuckwits must be to create a party in New Zealand named after an important cultural/historic event from the other side of the world...

Now watch as us educated secular folks relegate them to the <0.05% of party vote margin where the other Christian parties are located.
RE: The tea party comes to NZ!
Congratulations! Now even you have something to be ashamed of. Smile
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
And to think soon there will be nifty, "stupid Tea Party quotes" we can search for from down under. Though one has to wonder what's their point being there? They can hardly comprehend American politics so that people listening keep a straight face. What ever are they going to do in your neck of the woods.

Hey wait! Maybe they think, after that long flight, they've arrived in Hawaii.

''The reason that you don't tell [people] that masturbation is the answer to AIDS and all these other problems that come with sex outside of marriage is because again it is not addressing the issue. You're just gonna create somebody who is, I was gonna say, toying with his sexuality. Pardon the pun.''

Delaware GOP Senate nominee and Tea Party favorite Christine O'Donnell, advocating against masturbation in a 1996 appearance on MTV's 'Sex In The 90s' TV show

''I hope that's not where we're going, but you know if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies and saying my goodness what can we do to turn this country around? I'll tell you the first thing we need to do is take Harry Reid out.''
—Nevada GOP Senate nominee and Tea Party favorite Sharron Angle, floating the possibility of armed insurrection, interview with right-wing talk radio host Lars Larson in Portland, OR, January 2010
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
(July 20, 2011 at 11:06 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: And to think soon there will be nifty, "stupid Tea Party quotes" we can search for from down under.

We've already got one, he goes by the name of Don Brash and he thinks the Maori are out to get us. Oh, and he knows a guy who has something to do with weather and doesn't believe in AGW so he's going to campaign on repealing the ETS - That being said, he's for free markets and legalising weed... I was almost certainly going to vote for the ACT party prior to their new leader proving himself to be an ass, now I'm going to throw my vote in with the Libertarianz who, even though they won't get into parliament, are growing fast and could use some support for the future.
The Tea Party teaches us that you don't have to make sense, just put the attention on the clever people, the hated clever people and their desire to take our jobs disguised as environmental concerns, their desire to take our freedom disguised as concerns for a better society.

Murdoch says he's sorry he let the public down, he doesn't think he fulfilled the newspaperman's duty to the public. I did a google to get his exact words, I didn't find them, I did notice a thrown cream pie was the big issue to come out of the hearing. I think a news organisation has a duty to give a balanced account of issues, otherwise democracy suffers, everything suffers. The hacking of celebrities phones, even thrown cream pies seem a small matter compared to this.

I hope some people in NZ aren't inspired to do their own experiments in how low they can go, I fear they will, rabble rouser is a lucrative niche.

[Image: YgZ8E.png]
(July 20, 2011 at 11:16 pm)theVOID Wrote:
(July 20, 2011 at 11:06 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: And to think soon there will be nifty, "stupid Tea Party quotes" we can search for from down under.

We've already got one, he goes by the name of Don Brash and he thinks the Maori are out to get us. Oh, and he knows a guy who has something to do with weather and doesn't believe in AGW so he's going to campaign on repealing the ETS - That being said, he's for free markets and legalising weed... I was almost certainly going to vote for the ACT party prior to their new leader proving himself to be an ass, now I'm going to throw my vote in with the Libertarianz who, even though they won't get into parliament, are growing fast and could use some support for the future.

No the Maori aren't out to get "us" but they do have a liking for 'Long Pork' I am assured.
Hey how long have you guys had an ETS??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(July 20, 2011 at 10:57 pm)theVOID Wrote: Now watch as us educated secular folks relegate them to the <0.05% of party vote margin where the other Christian parties are located.

This I am jealous of.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:I wonder how stupid these fuckwits must be to create a party in New Zealand

Surely, Void, you didn't think that every person in NZ was smart? There have to be a few below the bar. Your system gives them a political party of their very own. You should be happy at least you have them all in one place.

Over here we have watched as they took over the republican party which also puts them all in one place but carries risks which NZ will not face..... unless one of the assholes gets elected and the cloud of nuclear fallout works its way that far south.
(July 21, 2011 at 7:15 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Hey how long have you guys had an ETS??

About 18 months.
(July 21, 2011 at 12:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I wonder how stupid these fuckwits must be to create a party in New Zealand

Surely, Void, you didn't think that every person in NZ was smart? There have to be a few below the bar. Your system gives them a political party of their very own. You should be happy at least you have them all in one place.

Hang on Min, you cut off my sentence and destroyed the context.

I have no problem with people starting a party no matter how dumb they are, it's when they start a New Zealand party based on american patriotism that makes me think they're plain retarded - Nobody at all is going to connect with the american tea symbolism.

Quote:Over here we have watched as they took over the republican party which also puts them all in one place but carries risks which NZ will not face..... unless one of the assholes gets elected and the cloud of nuclear fallout works its way that far south.

America's bullshit works it's way here all the time, especially economically. I don't think your tea party could possibly cock things up for other nations any more than your current president or the one before him - Hell, it would probably be good for us if they decide to take their fucking hands out of everyone else's business.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 723 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 270 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1453 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Putin Comes To The Orange Shitgibbon's Defense Minimalist 10 1545 September 24, 2018 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Iowa Republican Party platform. Jehanne 14 1414 August 20, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Refusing service because of political party. brewer 212 30412 July 11, 2018 at 3:18 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Green Party, Huh? Minimalist 0 346 March 17, 2018 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Watch Out For The Poison Tea, Man Minimalist 4 492 March 16, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Crazies Will Run This Poor Bastard Out of the Republicunt Party Minimalist 0 431 September 28, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why is the Democratic Party against the only person who could save them? Mystical 63 15838 June 3, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand