Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the money. House sale money arrives.
In the money. House sale money arrives.

My wife BethK and I had to celebrate, as the wire transfer notice arrived saying the cash for our old house in Oklahoma has been transferred to our bank here in the Nebraska Outback (the Panhandle). There was a brief bit of concern, as the title company found that my wife's ex- had failed, when he signed over the deed to her, to put "name,a single person" as required by Oklahoma law. That necessitated a flurry of overnight mail (which takes a week round-trip to this part of the country) with paperwork back-and-forth to get everything squared away for the closing (made the mark by two days).

We wanted to celebrate with fine dining. But since that is about 100 miles /160km away from here, we settled on burgers at the community centre in our little hamlet of 140 people.

While we got far less than we hoped for the house at auction, it was reasonable considering the down market. I fired off an E-mail to the auctioneer thanking him for facilitating the sale for us.

So now we are settled into our little house on the prairie.
James.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
RE: In the money. House sale money arrives.
(July 30, 2011 at 5:51 am)Anymouse Wrote:
My wife BethK and I had to celebrate, as the wire transfer notice arrived saying the cash for our old house in Oklahoma has been transferred to our bank here in the Nebraska Outback (the Panhandle). There was a brief bit of concern, as the title company found that my wife's ex- had failed, when he signed over the deed to her, to put "name,a single person" as required by Oklahoma law. That necessitated a flurry of overnight mail (which takes a week round-trip to this part of the country) with paperwork back-and-forth to get everything squared away for the closing (made the mark by two days).

We wanted to celebrate with fine dining. But since that is about 100 miles /160km away from here, we settled on burgers at the community centre in our little hamlet of 140 people.

While we got far less than we hoped for the house at auction, it was reasonable considering the down market. I fired off an E-mail to the auctioneer thanking him for facilitating the sale for us.

So now we are settled into our little house on the prairie.
James.

Nice job! So when do we all get pictures of your new digs?
Money is nice to have. Cool
Indeed. What are you two doing out in the country anyway?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Congratulatoins! Clap
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
(July 30, 2011 at 3:02 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Indeed. What are you two doing out in the country anyway?

[Image: teepee.jpg]

Big Grin
I don't think I could survive in a place with only 140 people. Probably murder them all in frustration on a Thursday. With a frozen tuna.

How much cash did you make? Smile Got to know if I should come down and rob you or not Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The concept of "spending money" as a fetish Ahriman 15 1792 December 20, 2022 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  What would you do if given a ton of money? Ahriman 23 972 December 27, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Company that sold me my house is.... Brian37 18 1409 November 28, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Hanging out at a friends house last night. Brian37 45 4880 November 26, 2018 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Cod
  Federal Judge Orders White House To Temporarily Restore Press Access To Jim Acosta A Theist 120 10695 November 19, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Making money online. paulpablo 25 2339 September 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  The most wasted money ...... KittyAnn 38 3307 July 4, 2018 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Soul For Sale! The Valkyrie 14 1407 May 21, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Lego-Type House Building BrianSoddingBoru4 4 539 May 1, 2018 at 8:56 am
Last Post: johan
  How many days of food in your house brewer 35 2568 November 2, 2017 at 11:19 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger