Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The America Trip
The America Trip
Not trying to overshadow 5th here (sorry buddy!), but weirdly timed considering that in the last couple of days me and my friend have decided that we are going to be invading the colonies once again next summer.

Last year three of us went but sadly one is too into his career now so won't be joining us, though he may meet us for the last couple of weeks. We did a four month trip from Florida to California through the South, taking in many states and cities, meeting loads of cool people and generally having a wonderful time.

We have hardly stopped talking about the possibility of doing another one, and now we intend to make it a reality, probably starting in June and taking about 8 weeks moving up the East coast.

The route:

Atlanta, GA
Charlotte, NC
Richmond, VA
Washington DC
Philadelphia, PA
Atlantic City, NJ
New York City, NY
Providence, RI
Boston, MA

So anyway - anyone who lives in these places and has any advice or wants to meet up and get wasted, fire away. I know summer is in Charlotte and I think I just saw Shell B say she was in Boston, but anyone else en route, make yourselves known! I'll also be relying on you all for budgeting advice over the coming months! Smile
RE: The America Trip
If I'm around, I'll give you a tour. I won't get wasted with you guys, but I'll point you in the direction of the best party street in Boston. Actually, in case I am not around, it is Lansdowne Street. Gillians is awesome. It's at the very end on the left (short street, not a long walk). Another great one is the Cask 'n Flagon. It is at the top of the street on the corner (sports bar). If you want to see a show, the House of Blues is half way down. Warning: Do not go on a night the Red Sox are playing; it's a mess. The whole right hand side is Fenway Park. Avoid the sausage vendors.
Won't get wasted with us my balls, Shell. You'll get wasted with us and damn well like it!
Pfft. No, I won't. However, I will show you where to get shitfaced and find Bostonians who will make fun of your accent in their own funny accent. You'll find Boston girls aren't all swoony over your accent, by the way. Luckily, most of them are sports sluts. Tell them you love the Red Sox.
Fine. I guess Boston girls are too CHICKEN to party...
Oh, no, you'll find plenty that will party with you, just not me. Tongue
Stop by Nashville and have a beer with me!

Yeesh...I would love to go back to Music City. Too out of the way though, I think.
Boo! It's a 2 1/2 hour drive from ATL. How bout I meet you there?

You got a deal, lady!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An interesting read concerning atheism in america. brewer 11 677 January 3, 2022 at 12:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Road trip playlist - looking for suggestions Jackalope 20 1272 August 11, 2021 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Andrew Zimmern, "What's Eating America".. Brian37 36 3688 February 17, 2020 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Goin on a trip... Joods 16 2011 March 25, 2018 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Joods
  Coming to America Cyberman 49 4152 January 13, 2018 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Things You Don't Like About Other Countries ( America Gets Immunity) Amarok 61 9148 April 11, 2017 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: brewer
  TRJF's 4,000-Mile Road Trip!!! TheRealJoeFish 28 3150 September 16, 2016 at 1:13 am
Last Post: c172
  My day trip to Daylesford ignoramus 11 2877 January 11, 2016 at 5:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is America the greatest country Kingpin 267 39767 December 14, 2015 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Today I visited the largest ______ in North America... Mudhammam 11 2515 September 27, 2015 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon