Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musicians, what do you play?
Musicians, what do you play?
With all of the discussion lately on our AF musicians and music in general, I thought I'd open a new topic.

AF musicians - what instruments and genre of instruments do you play, and what sort of instruments etc. do you own?
I'll start. I played trumpet, coronet, and french horn in from grade 7-11. I haven't played in years, but probably remember a bit.

Currently, I play electric guitar (primarily rhythm, some lead) and bass.

Guitars - 1997 Fender USA Stratocaster in candy apple red with a white pickguard, Gibson SG in black, and my main guitar is an ESP LTD M-401 also in black (that's the one currently in my sig). I have some old craptastic guitars in a closet somewhere that I never play, and won't admit owning. Two amps, one a Fender Princeton 212, the other a Roland Cube 15x - for when I don't feel like lugging a relatively heavy amp. Two multi-effects units, one an old Digitech RP-3 (gathering dust), and the other a Boss ME-70.

Bass - A cheap Ibanez, and an equally cheap Fender bass amp.
RE: Musicians, what do you play?
I play the skin flute.

and i sing.

I've started relearning piano.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Well, I assume that most people will already know that I play the electric guitar, a mish-mash of rhythm and lead... and most of you will know I play the blues.

I dabble in other instruements... Can't be bothered listing just now... Fingers too cold...
Cunt
I play acoustic and electric guitar, I'm a vocalist and I've also been known to play a bit of bass, piano and mandolin.
I'm home now, and I'm not cold so I suppose I could expand...

Other than the guitar, I play the piano, bass, drums, harmonica and sax (not too experienced at that though)

Since others have mentioned it, I sing aswell... I sing in a similar style as Jack Bruce... Must be a scottish thing Tongue

Here is jack bruce rockin' an awesome hat Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf2tJkkYpmg
Cunt
I play acoustic and electric guitar, and I have also dabbled in keyboard and cajun drum.
I've been playing the acoustic guitar for 5 years, the electric guitar for 3. I've been trying to play the piano for a while now. And, also, I sing.
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
Mostly strings, some wind. This thread is proof positive that singers are a dime a dozen..lol, so I guess I'll throw my chips in on that one too.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Piano, guitar, cello, bass and drums. I also sing, but who doesn't?
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets play mastermind Nay_Sayer 9 597 November 28, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Play Mr.Obvious 16 1701 May 6, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Let's play a kudos game called "the creationist 15" ErGingerbreadMandude 5 884 October 12, 2017 at 6:33 am
Last Post: chimp3
  What would you play at your funeral Amarok 38 3172 December 17, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Chas
  Lets play... GUBU 9 1091 April 26, 2016 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  One "What if" game I never play.OP ED Brian37 0 788 May 20, 2015 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Let's PLAY BALL! :D Violet 45 10787 August 31, 2013 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Let's play the birthday game! Cyberman 22 4707 February 19, 2013 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  You're clean, wearing a suit. Oh, wait - you play a nerd game? Fuck you then. Autumnlicious 26 8218 September 4, 2011 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  any musicians here Znedrow4 12 3220 September 24, 2010 at 2:51 am
Last Post: solja247