Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Though shalt not kill. Would you do so for your God?

Scripture is full of people who killed under God command. He ordered women raped and babies heads smashed against stones and his followers did just that. Even though they only had voices in their head and what could have been an illusion such as a burning bush. Further, scripture says that Satan has the power to deceive the whole world. How could those followers have know for sure that what they were hearing was God or Satan? How could you?

God himself is shown as killing in scriptures. Even setting up the first born of Egypt. God even sets the conditions to murder his own son needlessly.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as his ransom for the forgiveness of sin, before he even created human beings or sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this solution for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate? If he did anticipate it, why not make a different plan insuring that sin does not come up.

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

And here I had the foolish notion that religion and God were all about the veneration and celebration of life. Bah. It is my view that bible God does not venerate life at all and should be rejected by any moral man who does. Seek God my friends. You already live by a better law in secularism. This is wise. You have already rejected God’s law, now all you need do is follow your heart and seek a better God. There is a better Gods out there.

God and scripture indicate that an eye for an eye represents a fair penalty for offences.
God then turn around and kill for many reasons that are way less than an eye for an eye. Unruly children and fornicators and many more are condemned for infraction that are nowhere near killing.

Does though shalt not kill mean anything to God?
He disregarded it constantly and has men kill for him for mundane reasons.

Is God sanctioned killing murder if the stipulated eye for an eye is exceeded?

Would you do as the ancients did and kill babies by smashing their heads on stones or stone your own unruly child? Would you rape and kill even if you thought that God was real and directing you?

http://www.youtube.com/user/TurpisHaeret...ny-CDU4EFs

Regards
DL
RE: Though shalt not kill. Would you do so for your God?
My money doesn't tell me to kill ppl.
Neither does mine... But, the voices in my head do.
Cunt
To the OP, great post.
We should be thankful that a lot of people who hear such voices as coming from demons, rather than from god. Big Grin
undefined
(November 10, 2011 at 4:03 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: My money doesn't tell me to kill ppl.
The question is would you kill someone if god asked you to.

A reasonable person will say "No," without hesitation.

Anyone who says "Yes" is not being reasonable.

Only a Christian (trying to protect god from the Problem of Evil) finds it necessary to avoid the question by saying "God would never ask me to do that", or "My money doesn't tell me to kill ppl."

I notice than on another thread you have said:
(November 5, 2011 at 5:00 am)fr0d0 Wrote: 1. Killing isn't bad.
I like to ask if christians would kill your own child or mother with no good reason other than god asked them to. christians will sometimes attempt to skirt around that difficult question by answering "no I wouldn't, because I'd know it was a test"

I see.
(November 13, 2011 at 7:10 am)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: To the OP, great post.

I blush.
Thanks.

Theists don't seem to like it for some weird reason.

Regards
DL
(November 10, 2011 at 3:01 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Though shalt not kill. Would you do so for your God?
Your mistake is thinking that the book says thou shalt not kill, it says thou shall not murder.

Killing gays is not murder, killing blacks is not murder, killing unbelievers is not murder, killing X is not murder (substitute X for anyone different and you don't like)

That's how they rationalise it.
(November 14, 2011 at 7:25 pm)tuxcomputers Wrote:
(November 10, 2011 at 3:01 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Though shalt not kill. Would you do so for your God?
Your mistake is thinking that the book says thou shalt not kill, it says thou shall not murder.

Killing gays is not murder, killing blacks is not murder, killing unbelievers is not murder, killing X is not murder (substitute X for anyone different and you don't like)

That's how they rationalise it.

Those are all merci killings, don't cha know.
They deserve to die.
To those of sick mind.

Regards
DL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 8580 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I thought your god was keeping you safe rado84 331 28148 April 25, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 11596 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  How do you reconcile your god, the mass murderer? Bow Before Zeus 191 32063 December 14, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12245 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6122 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 20806 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Praise GOD !!!! A Jesus your Vorlon would worship !!!!!! vorlon13 7 1319 April 22, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  It Must Just Kill The Jesus Freaks. Minimalist 10 2748 March 31, 2017 at 12:35 pm
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 33905 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am