Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were Adam and Eve slaves?
Were Adam and Eve slaves?
I have mentioned this a couple times without a getting a second look. Too many other things going on might be the excuse or because it is fact, it did not require rebuttal.

Genesis 2:5
And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Genesis 2:15
And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

So god had not the power to care for his own garden and needed a slave.

(For those select few that will come back and say the bible is full of shit. YES)
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
RE: Were Adam and Eve slaves?
(November 15, 2011 at 12:53 am)IATIA Wrote: I have mentioned this a couple times without a getting a second look. Too many other things going on might be the excuse or because it is fact, it did not require rebuttal.

Genesis 2:5
And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Genesis 2:15
And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

So god had not the power to care for his own garden and needed a slave.

(For those select few that will come back and say the bible is full of shit. YES)

God couldn't be bothered with clothes for his slave but he did start a breeding program.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Not much of a god then is it?? Can't even get plants to grow or rain to fall??

Dodgy dumb fuck god
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hmmm... was Adam a Mexican?

(November 15, 2011 at 12:56 am)Ziploc Surprise Wrote: God couldn't be bothered with clothes for his slave but he did start a breeding program.

And what did they eat? The babble-god told them they could not eat the good shit. Maybe that is why they did it, they were HUNGRY. FEED ME! Oh, tree, fruit, thank god.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

-- The Rev Lovejoy
(November 15, 2011 at 2:09 am)IATIA Wrote:
(November 15, 2011 at 12:56 am)Ziploc Surprise Wrote: God couldn't be bothered with clothes for his slave but he did start a breeding program.

And what did they eat? The babble-god told them they could not eat the good shit. Maybe that is why they did it, they were HUNGRY. FEED ME! Oh, tree, fruit, thank god.

They weren't supposed to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil else they would be like God. Does anyone see a few metaphors between this and scientific knowledge? If our ancestors didn't "eat from the tree" we would still be running around naked in the woods. If our more recent ancestors didn't "eat from the tree" then Christen dum would still rule the western world and we would have remained be in the dark ages. But because we did eat, we not only are out of the "garden" so to speak we also have some idea that "god" is just a construct of our minds....in other words God is us. We have become like God.

OOOOhhh. deeep stuff. *munch munch munch*
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

During my transitional stage from catholic to Atheist, I had considered the possibility that we were the fallen angels. We had all knowledge, but our 'sin' was the desire for experience.
-- Homer Simpson

-- Ned Flanders

-- The Rev Lovejoy
(November 15, 2011 at 12:53 am)IATIA Wrote: So god had not the power to care for his own garden and needed a slave.

Maybe he wanted to play "The Sims" a little early or something. Big Grin
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(November 16, 2011 at 11:25 am)Jaysyn Wrote: Maybe he wanted to play "The Sims" a little early or something. Big Grin

Ye, that's kind of what I thought, not unleashed though.

[Image: YgZ8E.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1410 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Who told you that you were naked? Um nobody. Fake Messiah 7 787 March 21, 2019 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Nakara
  Dead people testify! We were wrong! ignoramus 12 1711 June 11, 2018 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Just how stupid were the ancient Israelites? The Valkyrie 115 14640 June 1, 2018 at 5:39 am
Last Post: Joods
  Proud slaves of God. purplepurpose 33 7906 December 18, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Adam's Sin -- Independence and Revellion InteresedUser 24 8368 May 27, 2017 at 11:30 am
Last Post: chimp3
  An Old Idea I Had About The (Hebrew) Word "Adam" (relates to Quran also) ReptilianPeon 1 1454 February 5, 2016 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  If You Were A Theist Catholic_Lady 86 15825 August 29, 2015 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Divinity
  If You Were An Atheist Shuffle 111 23812 August 28, 2015 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  What Would the World b Like if You were God Rhondazvous 45 8570 August 23, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: ForsakenHeretic