Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God should bow to man for we are better parents than he is.

The tree of knowledge.
Two things. Do you value your moral sense?
Would you give it up along with most of what you know since most is subject to being good or evil?

Why do you think A & E would value it any less than yourself?

Life without morals is not worth living so we must thank Eve, then Adam, for making the right choice.

The tree of life.
As to living forever. If you just created children and were going to raise them and teach them what to eat or not, what tree would you first feed them?

If bright, I will assume you made the right choice. The tree of life. The most important tree.

Then that brings up the uncomfortable question of why God chose to feed them something else first. His decision and your brighter one are in opposition. You chose the moral and intelligent decision while God did not.

You make a better parent than God. Even if we ignore his preventing A & E from reaching what would save them. The tree of life. I call that murder.

Take a bow and have God bow to you.

If you do not agree that man is a better parent, then you are not much of a thinker and you should question your morals.

Regards
DL
RE: God should bow to man for we are better parents than he is.
A couple things faulty with your thoughts...

1) God didn't feed them the tree of knowledge of morals. He gave them every other fruit except the remaining two. They had a chance themselves to eat the eternal life fruit. God never said anything about not eating from it. But a+e chose to be deceived into eating the fruit of knowledge of morals.

2) if they had no previous knowledge of morals, how could they value what they know not?

3) just because I don't agree that man is a better parent doesn't mean I'm not a thinker, it just means I'm not an errant thinker.
(November 18, 2011 at 10:45 pm)ChristianT Wrote: A couple things faulty with your thoughts...

1) God didn't feed them the tree of knowledge of morals. He gave them every other fruit except the remaining two. They had a chance themselves to eat the eternal life fruit. God never said anything about not eating from it. But a+e chose to be deceived into eating the fruit of knowledge of morals.

2) if they had no previous knowledge of morals, how could they value what they know not?

3) just because I don't agree that man is a better parent doesn't mean I'm not a thinker, it just means I'm not an errant thinker.

You do know it's not real, right?

Just checking....
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(November 18, 2011 at 10:45 pm)ChristianT Wrote: A couple things faulty with your thoughts...

Except you're wrong.

Genesis 2:17 Wrote:But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die.

Quote:2) if they had no previous knowledge of morals, how could they value what they know not?

Which would lead to the very human reaction of curiosity. What good father would tempt his children with something so intriguing and deadly? What kind of fucked up shitbrick is this god?

Quote:3) just because I don't agree that man is a better parent doesn't mean I'm not a thinker, it just means I'm not an errant thinker.

Maybe if you were among idiots who bought the same bullshit you do, sweetie, but we don't buy that bullshit here. The fact that you don't think humans are better parents than a god (who basically put a loaded gun in his child's hand and warned them not to pull the trigger just to make sure that their listening ears were on) means that you're grotesquely immoral.

(November 19, 2011 at 7:53 am)aleialoura Wrote:

Except you're wrong.

Genesis 2:17 Wrote:But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die.

Quote:2) if they had no previous knowledge of morals, how could they value what they know not?

Which would lead to the very human reaction of curiosity. What good father would tempt his children with something so intriguing and deadly? What kind of fucked up shitbrick is this god?

Quote:3) just because I don't agree that man is a better parent doesn't mean I'm not a thinker, it just means I'm not an errant thinker.

A) Maybe if you were among idiots who bought the same bullshit you do, sweetie, but we don't buy that bullshit here. The fact that you don't think humans are better parents than a god (who basically put a loaded gun in his child's hand and warned them not to pull the trigger just to make sure that their listening ears were on) means that you're grotesquely immoral.

A) ok, assuming G-d doesn't exist (your assumption), what is morality? what is it made of? carbonucleic acid? or how much electric energy does it's impulse have? please scientifically prove that thoughts and opinions are material made of atoms or energy.
It is a subjectively interpreted social construct, CT, engineered and engineered by the interactions of humans, mimetically transferred between people. Get over it being from some supernatural source that somehow got writ in a book by reliable narrators. Please stop asking for evidence until you have any to support your contention that objective morality exists.
Trying to update my sig ...
(November 19, 2011 at 12:40 pm)ChristianT Wrote: A) ok, assuming G-d doesn't exist (your assumption), what is morality?
Its the most reasonable position, something yet to be proven doesn't exist for all practical purposes. The same way you 'assume' that Zeus, Odin, and lord Krishna doesn't exist. You are atheist regarding all other gods, we just extend that notion 1 more god than you. Morality is a set of rules, that along lessons of history, have proven to be beneficial to our species. I don't murder, rape or steal from people because if everyone did it, our species wouldn't come this far. Besides, you should read your bible, there is in there the same amount of moral and immoral things.

Quote:what is it made of? carbonucleic acid? or how much electric energy does it's impulse have? please scientifically prove that thoughts and opinions are material made of atoms or energy.
Its made by the conjunction of electrical impulses and chemical neurotransmitters, please visit a library to learn more, or google it, if you truly want to learn, go at it, we have many evidence of emotions and feelings being mapped to different brain regions. We live in a material world, all that we know is made of matter and/or energy. Granted that we still don't know everything, and its fine to just say "I don't know", but what you're doing is an argument from ignorance, with the normal theist dishonesty of shifting the burden of proof. Its YOU that have to prove that there is something else beyond matter or energy, since you're the one making the claim.

Honestly, you are just rehashing the same old BS new theists here bring here. Do yourself a favour, study hard and from honest sources, not from Xtian snake-oil salesmen websites. On emotions particularly read "Descarte's Error", by the famous neurologist António Damásio.
Quote:

Scripture tell us why they chose to eat, but to your reply.

If as you say, they had no moral basis for their actions, no evil intent, then God had no right to punish them did he?
They could not know that disobeying was wrong.
Right?

Would you punish your child for something that he did while not knowing he should not?

If so then let's see if you would do as your God did.
That is, allow his children to die when he had the means to save them.

Would you save them or kill them by denying them the tree of life??

Regards
DL
(November 19, 2011 at 12:40 pm)ChristianT Wrote: ok, assuming G-d doesn't exist (your assumption), what is morality? what is it made of? carbonucleic acid? or how much electric energy does it's impulse have? please scientifically prove that thoughts and opinions are material made of atoms or energy.

Really... Really?? Banging Head On Desk

Morality is the differentiation among intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are good (or right) and bad (or wrong).

The explicit making of moral right and wrong judgments coincides with activation in the ventromedial prefrontal cortex while intuitive reactions to situations containing implicit moral issues activates the temporoparietal junction area.[19] Stimulation of the ventromedial prefrontal cortex by transcranial magnetic stimulation has been shown to change moral judgments of human subjects.

Emotion is a complex psycho-physiological experience of an individual's state of mind as interacting with biochemical (internal) and environmental (external) influences.

Around two dozen of the 94 naturally-occurring chemical elements are essential to various kinds of biological life.

If you would care to read any of this.

(November 19, 2011 at 12:40 pm)ChristianT Wrote: what is it made of? carbonucleic acid?

No, just six elements—carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, calcium, and phosphorus. Wink

Or you could just ignore all of these scientific studies and findings and say Godidit. FSM Grin

Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
+ 1

Regards
DL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 7012 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself Foxaèr 43 8126 June 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Should I tell my parents I faked being christian? Der/die AtheistIn 26 5689 January 15, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 23008 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 27289 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? vorlon13 258 60372 October 13, 2017 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6081 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6072 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Russian man on trial for 'no God' comment in internet chat zebo-the-fat 20 3088 March 3, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Man created god Foxaèr 10 3588 December 6, 2015 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Sappho