Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 6:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saint Peter's Bones
RE: Saint Peter's Bones
Never mind the fucking Bible, you have to be truly, desperately stupid to believe this obvious forgery is anything else. I mean COME ON.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I think you nailed the problem, Iro.
(September 15, 2015 at 12:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I think you nailed the problem, Iro.

I think I'm as blinkered as a Catholic - my brain simply cannot accept that people actually believe this shit. Help me Min!
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Just read Randy and you'll see what kind of people fall for this shit.  It's not you.  It's them.
I wonder why you even bother engaging him. He's proven that he's got no clue on source criticism and admittedly uses tons of apologetic material. Which doesn't even rise up to the paper standards to serve as asswipes.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
It's an atheist forum and shitheads like him deserve to be told off.

If he wants to get blessed and blown by pervert priests he can go to a catholick board.
(September 15, 2015 at 11:30 am)Minimalist Wrote: How do your catholic "experts" explain the fact that this "man" had a head that was 1/2 inch wide?

http://skepdic.com/shroud.html

Jesus was an alien? 

Jesus was a mutant?

That's what a god looks like?

That's what a body looks like when it gives up the ghost?
(September 13, 2015 at 9:52 pm)Jenny A Wrote: I'm talking faces not arms Randy.  Open your eyes and look:

Here is the face depicted in the shroud:

[Image: shroud-of-turin.jpg]

I don't see a problem.

[Image: jesusimage.jpg]
(September 13, 2015 at 9:52 pm)Jenny A Wrote: I don't know enough about St. Peter's bones to opine.  But anyone who bothers to look at the proportions of the body depicted on the shroud of Turin knows it's a fake.  No real person has those proportions, but art made at the time it first surfaced did.  Surely if Jesus were monstrously out of proportion to the extent of being a freak of nature, someone would have mentioned it?  It's not even as if it's a genetic defect commonly found or recognized it's not.  No one has those proportions.  It's as if the shroud first came to light ten or fifteen years ago in Japan and had the huge eyes and bodily proportions of anime cartoons.

Oh---- Welcome back Randy.

One other question:

How is it that the intensity of the image on the shroud translates into a near-perfect 3D image of a man?

It wasn't until a few years ago that we had the technology to recognize and capture that image...how did an artist capture that data on a linen cloth with an image that is no more than a micron or two deep in the fibers?

Either this cloth is the real deal OR it is the most amazing icon ever created.
(September 15, 2015 at 1:34 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's an atheist forum and shitheads like him deserve to be told off.

If he wants to get blessed and blown by pervert priests he can go to a catholick board.

Because atheists can't be expected to be polite to their guests and to engage in civil discussions even when they disagree with them?

Believe me, Min, you and a few others here have more than confirmed the classic stereotype of the angry atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus is rude to Peter Ferrocyanide 14 1334 January 5, 2022 at 11:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Gospel of Peter versus the Gospel of Matthew. Jehanne 47 6093 July 14, 2018 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Peter Popoff drfuzzy 6 1828 December 23, 2017 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Church of England 'colluded' with sex abuse bishop Peter Ball zebo-the-fat 4 1747 June 22, 2017 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Saint Paul and temporal lobe epilepsy. Jehanne 1 1296 July 17, 2016 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  So, once shown how, Peter was always able to walk on water ? vorlon13 38 7161 November 8, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A bizarre anagram of St Peter's name Newtonscat 4 1777 January 17, 2015 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Alex K
  "Peter in Rome" dissected by Antonio Lombatti Minimalist 4 1739 December 21, 2013 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why Isn't Saint Peter In Hell? BrianSoddingBoru4 17 4545 November 14, 2013 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist