Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 1:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the hammer of homosexuality
RE: the hammer of homosexuality
(October 12, 2015 at 1:25 am)Thena323 Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 1:22 am)ronedee Wrote: Well, that's fine. But nature factors too!
Do you worship nature? Are you a Druid?
'Cause if you are...No one else cares.

Laws of nature!
Quis ut Deus?
(October 12, 2015 at 1:33 am)ronedee Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 1:31 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of...ted_States

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/02...64885.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/02...93484.html

http://www.civilrights.org/resources/civ...oogle.com/

http://76crimes.com/100s-die-in-homophob...s-updates/

http://www.washingtonblade.com/2014/12/2...th-period/

Shall I keep going?

Perhaps the rate of suicide among LGBT youth, as they are driven to depression and self-loathing by the bigoted families (like those who won't attend their own child's wedding!!) and societies in which they find themselves?

One word: RUBBISH!

So, without reading a single one of my links, and also dismissing every testimony I've heard from members of the homosexual community with which I do volunteer work, as I relay it to you, with a wave of your hand....

you just declare the lives lost to be "rubbish".

Wow. But no, you're not a bigot! Rolleyes
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 12, 2015 at 1:35 am)Kitan Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 1:33 am)ronedee Wrote: You are truly delusional yourself! You know nothing about me. None of my experiences. And you dictate rubbish that isn't true. WhoTF are you trying to convince?

Is there some message you have, that you are using posts through me, to get across to someone, somewhere?!

If your personal experience brings you to the conclusion of god's existence, then that in no way reflects reality.  Rather, it reflects on who you are and your state of mind, nothing more.

Have you ever been to Antarctica? If someone has, and proceeds to tell you about their journey, do you call them a LIAR? If a physicist writes out an equation do you tell him he's full of shit? If someone survived some rare disease and tells you about their experiences do you laugh them off as idiots?

Just because YOU haven't been THERE makes YOU and expert on a given subject? That is idiocy.
Quis ut Deus?
(October 12, 2015 at 1:37 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 1:33 am)ronedee Wrote: One word: RUBBISH!

So, without reading a single one of my links, and also dismissing every testimony I've heard from members of the homosexual community with which I do volunteer work, as I relay it to you, with a wave of your hand....

More vets die of suicide in ONE DAY than gays die in 2 years! Metal illness is the problem... not parents failing to be at weddings!
Quis ut Deus?
(October 12, 2015 at 1:43 am)ronedee Wrote: Have you ever been to Antarctica? If someone has, and proceeds to tell you about their journey, do you call them a LIAR?

If the journey coincides with the nature of Antarctica, then why would I not believe it? If they suddenly go off on a tangent about experiencing god there, then that is absconding from reality.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 12, 2015 at 1:44 am)Kitan Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 1:43 am)ronedee Wrote: Have you ever been to Antarctica? If someone has, and proceeds to tell you about their journey, do you call them a LIAR?

If the journey coincides with the nature of Antarctica, then why would I not believe it?  If they suddenly go off on a tangent about experiencing god there, then that is absconding from reality.

You missed my point. But you are not equipped to understand anything about God. Because He doesn't fit in your brain. And believe me honey... it aint me that's gonna try and convince you of anything God. Do not worry yourself about that! I'm not here to convert pagans. Just antagonize them.
Quis ut Deus?
(October 12, 2015 at 1:51 am)ronedee Wrote: You missed my point. But you are not equipped to understand anything about God. Because He doesn't fit in your brain. And believe me honey... it aint me that's gonna try and convince you of anything God. Do not worry yourself about that! I'm not here to convert pagans. Just antagonize them.

The theistic point will always be missed so long as it relies upon faith. However, I digress. The only one equipped with understanding god is one who has forsaken reality for the delusional comfort that provides an escape from a reality deemed too harsh.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 12, 2015 at 1:44 am)ronedee Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 1:37 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: So, without reading a single one of my links, and also dismissing every testimony I've heard from members of the homosexual community with which I do volunteer work, as I relay it to you, with a wave of your hand....

More vets die of suicide in ONE DAY than gays die in 2 years! Metal illness is the problem... not parents failing to be at weddings!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand if you'll look at the link I posted, it talks about veteran suicides almost a full page before it gets to teenage LGBT suicides. I try to be "fair and balanced", to borrow an expression unironically.

Actually, I'd say it speaks to a remarkable degree of mental stability on the part of the LGBT kids, given that suicide is more likely among teens in general, due to the massive identity crisis that comes with puberty and finding their self image as young adults, that it's not more common. But the point remains that both anecdotal and statistical evidence bears out that they are driven to suicide at a higher rate, and it's not because they're mentally imbalanced simply by being homosexual. You cannot possibly be so blind to the pressures that social and family expectation can place on a person. I just saw a video linked here yesterday, where a Christian minister was talking to his congregation about how, after cheating on his wife, he almost committed suicide rather than face the opprobrium he knew (or thought) would come from his fellow Christians, his wife, and their families... he just couldn't face them. He wasn't crazy, just a person who felt like he had obligations and emotional ties to his family and community, like a normal human being.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

I mean, for fuck's sake, dude... you refused to attend your own daughter's wedding.

What the fuck... what a self-righteous asshole! "I don't approve"?

Well who gives a shit if you approve or not!? It's your daughter!

You sound exactly like a member of the Ku Klux Klan refusing to go to his daughter's wedding because she's marrying a black guy!

(October 12, 2015 at 1:36 am)ronedee Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 1:25 am)Thena323 Wrote: Do you worship nature? Are you a Druid?
'Cause if you are...No one else cares.

Laws of nature!
Sir, are you serious sir? 
You are an appointed defender of the laws of nature?
The laws of nature require no defense. 
I know that  you understand this, so please...enough with the pretense.

Your issue with homosexuality comes down to your religious beliefs and this is an atheist forum. Your beliefs as to how your God views homosexuality are meaningless to those of us who do not believe in your God. What do you not understand about that? 

The Bible means nothing to most of the users of this forum. Absolutely nothing. 
Still you insist on referring to the expectations of your God and Scripture, to admonish and attempt to alter the behavior of members of this forum.
You really don't get it, do you?
Well, here it is again....try and get it through your head, please.

The rules and directives for living, prayer, etc. that are specific to Christianity, only apply to those that adhere to 
the religion. No one else cares.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  German bishops agree with scientists: homosexuality is normal Fake Messiah 21 2904 January 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Bible condemns homosexuality. Jehanne 190 29821 May 2, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Homosexuality degenerates Safirno 83 10101 July 9, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is Christianity against homosexuality? 123abc 60 10788 October 10, 2015 at 8:17 am
Last Post: robvalue
  HOMOSEXUALITY IS A 'SIN' BigGiantPorky 98 21234 August 1, 2015 at 10:58 am
Last Post: dyresand
  On the subject of homosexuality... Boris Karloff 42 10949 January 20, 2014 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  A wonderful response to biblical objections to homosexuality. Esquilax 22 7071 January 20, 2014 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Bashing Homosexuality and Everyone is Behind Him Yahweh 3 2094 December 25, 2013 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Yahweh
  Homosexuality is a sin? Well, Xtians, what about these other 76 things? Creed of Heresy 96 33281 May 28, 2013 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why Homosexuality is Okay Erinome 92 36815 January 21, 2012 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: I_Am_Death