Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 8:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the hammer of homosexuality
RE: the hammer of homosexuality
Saying to an atheist, "It is written in the bible that homosexuality is wrong" is equivalent to "It is written in shit up the wall of a public toilet that homosexuality is wrong".

The response from us is always going to be, "So?"

How about using your own brain and thinking what wrong actually means. If God is as powerful as you say, protecting his feelings from getting hurt should be of no concern to anyone. Why does he have very human, very fragile feelings?

Appealing to what is and isn't "natural" is also horse shit. If God made everything, then either everything is natural, or everything is magic. God either causes or permits everything that happens, so he has no one to blame but himself if he doesn't like it. Or are gays able to thwart god's will?

Taking about what happens "in nature" seems to present this contradictory belief that God just turned up to manage what is going on in nature, rather than creating it all, according to his own rules. Which is it? If you can't keep your own story straight, even when you're allowed to make it up completely, you're defeating your own arguments without us even needing to try. Homosexuality, for one, occurs naturally in animals. And we are an animal as well.

It's time people stopped valueing one single book of garbage over every other book, along with all the knowledge and progress that has been made since it was written. It's not magic, it's just a book.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 12, 2015 at 2:09 am)Thena323 Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 1:36 am)ronedee Wrote: Laws of nature!
Sir, are you serious sir? 
You are an appointed defender of the laws of nature?
The laws of nature require no defense. 
I know that  you understand this, so please...enough with the pretense.

Your issue with homosexuality comes down to your religious beliefs and this is an atheist forum. Your beliefs as to how your God views homosexuality are meaningless to those of us who do not believe in your God. What do you not understand about that? 

The Bible means nothing to most of the users of this forum. Absolutely nothing. 
Still you insist on referring to the expectations of your God and Scripture, to admonish and attempt to alter the behavior of members of this forum.
You really don't get it, do you?
Well, here it is again....try and get it through your head, please.

The rules and directives for living, prayer, etc. that are specific to Christianity, only apply to those that adhere to 
the religion. No one else cares.

Bible for the moment aside, and for the sake of argument; Homosexuality is a mental illness, its been medically proven study after study. And I don't care if animals act like homosexuals. Its not natural, no matter what way any of you spin it.

I care less what any of you think about "my" beliefs. And I'm not admonishing anyone! I'm stating bible facts! This is a Christian sub-forum! wtf do you want to talk about.... knitting? So either refute in practical terms "why" what the bible says is irrelevant to the subject at hand, in this sub-forum or go play in another area that is more comprehensible for your level of intelligence and knowledge.
Quis ut Deus?
(October 12, 2015 at 1:58 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: I mean, for fuck's sake, dude... you refused to attend your own daughter's wedding.

What the fuck... what a self-righteous asshole! "I don't approve"?

Well who gives a shit if you approve or not!? It's your daughter!

You sound exactly like a member of the Ku Klux Klan refusing to go to his daughter's wedding because she's marrying a black guy!

There is no need to analysis my relationship w/ my kid from your highchair. We've had things figured out long ago. And your attempts at trying to make me feel some kind of guilt is laughable, and dumb. Unlike you, we are rational adults who communicate, and love each other. So save your faux outrage for some turnip.

And I don't appreciate the insults. I've held my temper up til now in an attempt to have an intelligent conversation. But, you don't know me. Nor do you want to see my negative side. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.
Quis ut Deus?
Could you share your sources for it being a mental illness?
Thena wrote:

Quote:Ronadee
Bible for the moment aside, and for the sake of argument; Homosexuality is a mental illness, its been medically proven study after study. And I don't care if animals act like homosexuals. Its not natural, no matter what way any of you spin it.

You've got me confused with somebody else. I never attempted to 'spin' anything, NOR did I address the issue of homosexuality occurring in other species. Please consider getting your basic facts together if you're going to respond to my posts in the future.

The only point I've been maintaining is that no else one cares what your God wants or what your Bible dictates besides you and your Christian brethren. In addition to that, no one else cares that Ronadee thinks homosexuality is unnatural. No one else cares that Ronadee believes homosexuality is a mental illness. If that's how you feel, so what? What is it about your thoughts on this particular matter, that should compel anyone to give a shit?

I'm stating bible facts! This is a Christian sub-forum! wtf do you want to talk about.... knitting?
No knitting, please. I'm here to talk about the Bible and Christianity. I'm explaining their value and significance  to myself and many others, which happens to be absolutely none. If that bothers you, TFB.
So either refute in practical terms "why" what the bible says is irrelevant to the subject at hand, in this sub-forum or go play in another area that is more comprehensible for your level of intelligence and knowledge.
The Bible is irrelevant to the subject matter at hand (homosexuality) because the majority of the users on this forum are not Christians. You're the one who seems to be having difficulty comprehending a clearly stated fact, yet you're making assumptions about my level of intelligence. Project much?

You would do well to recognize that while this forum is for the discussion of Christianity, it is a sub-forum in an Atheist community. All matters of discussion within are open to atheists as well as theists, in regards to Christianity and how it relates to atheism.
(October 12, 2015 at 3:37 am)ronedee Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 1:58 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:

And I don't appreciate the insults. I've held my temper up til now in an attempt to have an intelligent conversation. But, you don't know me. Nor do you want to see my negative side. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.
What are you, The Hulk?

You're not the only person with a nasty side, Ronadee... but there's a new thing out called self-control. 
Maybe you should get a hold of yourself before you make an outright threat and get banned.
(October 12, 2015 at 3:34 am)ronedee Wrote: Bible for the moment aside, and for the sake of argument; Homosexuality is a mental illness, its been medically proven study after study.

[Citation needed]

(October 12, 2015 at 3:34 am)ronedee Wrote: And I don't care if animals act like homosexuals. Its not natural, no matter what way any of you spin it.

Ron, is this not a demonstration of being in denial of a self-evident fact? If it's been demonstrated that being 'gay' is not unique to humans (animals don't 'act' like they are gay, they either are or they aren't), how can one still use the defense that it's not 'natural' unless one contorts that definition to one that reinforces their own bias to the exclusion of all others?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(October 12, 2015 at 3:37 am)ronedee Wrote: And I don't appreciate the insults. I've held my temper up til now in an attempt to have an intelligent conversation. But, you don't know me. Nor do you want to see my negative side.

Oh wow! I think I hear the war drums beating in the distance.

Oops, my bad.  It's just the Bibles thumping.
(October 12, 2015 at 3:34 am)ronedee Wrote: Homosexuality is a mental illness, its been medically proven study after study.
Ru-heally? Then you should be able easily to provide, what? A hundred? A dozen? A few really strong ones?

Nah. Let's start with just one. Show us one study that demonstrates that homosexuality is a mental illness. Cuz if you can't, you're lying, and liars make baby Jesus cry.
(October 12, 2015 at 3:37 am)ronedee Wrote:
(October 12, 2015 at 1:58 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: I mean, for fuck's sake, dude... you refused to attend your own daughter's wedding.

What the fuck... what a self-righteous asshole! "I don't approve"?

Well who gives a shit if you approve or not!? It's your daughter!

You sound exactly like a member of the Ku Klux Klan refusing to go to his daughter's wedding because she's marrying a black guy!

There is no need to analysis my relationship w/ my kid from your highchair. We've had things figured out long ago. And your attempts at trying to make me feel some kind of guilt is laughable, and dumb. Unlike you, we are rational adults who communicate, and love each other. So save your faux outrage for some turnip.

Your "bad side"? Brother, I did nine years flat in Maximum-security prison, surrounded by serial rapists and men who'd as soon stab you as look at you. I've seen almost as much blood and violent death as a combat veteran. What do you think you could possibly do or say that would make me bat an eyelash?

I think you drastically underestimate the amount of hurt you have caused your daughter, even if she hides it well out of her love for you.

And I agree, I'd be most curious to see this link showing homosexuality is a mental illness.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  German bishops agree with scientists: homosexuality is normal Fake Messiah 21 3298 January 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Bible condemns homosexuality. Jehanne 190 32450 May 2, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Homosexuality degenerates Safirno 83 11349 July 9, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is Christianity against homosexuality? 123abc 60 11778 October 10, 2015 at 8:17 am
Last Post: robvalue
  HOMOSEXUALITY IS A 'SIN' BigGiantPorky 98 22917 August 1, 2015 at 10:58 am
Last Post: dyresand
  On the subject of homosexuality... Boris Karloff 42 11501 January 20, 2014 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  A wonderful response to biblical objections to homosexuality. Esquilax 22 7397 January 20, 2014 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Bashing Homosexuality and Everyone is Behind Him Yahweh 3 2166 December 25, 2013 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Yahweh
  Homosexuality is a sin? Well, Xtians, what about these other 76 things? Creed of Heresy 96 34914 May 28, 2013 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why Homosexuality is Okay Erinome 92 38093 January 21, 2012 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: I_Am_Death