Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 10:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's why Creatards might be right
RE: Here's why Creatards might be right
(October 29, 2015 at 5:58 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(October 29, 2015 at 5:50 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: yes im sure you dont think nature is amazing at all but i disagree and i think its very organized and coordinated and in my experience unthinking matter does not create complex designs but thinking beings do .

In your experience do thinking beings create universes?

Why do you continue to just halt all your arguments at the most arbitrary, self serving points?

yes obviously i do think thinking beings create universes if the universes in question are organized and the elements within the universe are cooperative and orderly i dont think organization results from unintelligent random chaos

(October 29, 2015 at 6:52 pm)Rhythm Wrote: It has nothing to do with you disagreeing with me.  It has everything to do with you being consistently and demonstrably wrong.  

your making the claim that i am wrong so the burden of proof is on you to prove that i am wrong , prove there is not an intelligent creator id like to see your proof that there isnt . other than theories and opinions
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
(October 29, 2015 at 7:32 pm)jenny1972 Wrote:
(October 29, 2015 at 5:58 pm)Esquilax Wrote: In your experience do thinking beings create universes?

Why do you continue to just halt all your arguments at the most arbitrary, self serving points?

yes obviously i do think thinking beings create universes if the universes in question are organized and the elements within the universe are cooperative and orderly i dont think organization results from unintelligent random chaos

Have you comprehended a single damn question you've been asked this entire time?

You were talking about your experiences, your observations of the world. I asked you whether your experiences showed you intelligent beings created universes; you were the one going on about observations, I just pointed out that for the importance you place on that, you certainly haven't observed the thing you believe happened. I was demonstrating the inconsistency of your position, but it seems that whenever anybody does that- and we've had oh so many opportunities to do so today- you just revert back to merely asserting your opinion and lying about what the alternative is.

You do realize that, don't you? You're flat out lying, no bones about it, when you continue to insist that we believe the universe arose from "random chaos." Why should anyone take an unrepentant, willfully ignorant liar seriously?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(October 29, 2015 at 5:58 pm)Esquilax Wrote: In your experience do thinking beings create universes?

Is your universe creating deity organised and orderly?

If so, who created it?

If you are claiming there is a rule that everything that is organised and orderly requires an intelligent creator, the so does your god.

Unless you're going to break that rule for your god.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(October 29, 2015 at 6:58 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You're a moron..what you shouldn't have done...is google for the first smart sounding person that said something you thought might lend credibility to your position...Jenny.  

That's what you did.  Own it.  If you can't take your own remarks seriously then why should anyone else take them seriously?

no wrong i didnt google for smart sounding people whos opinions matched mine ive known for years that einstein believed in intelligent design to the universe . if your wrong about that maybe your wrong about other things.
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
(October 29, 2015 at 6:52 pm)Rhythm Wrote: It has nothing to do with you disagreeing with me.  It has everything to do with you being consistently and demonstrably wrong.  

your making the claim that i am wrong so the burden of proof is on you to prove that i am wrong , prove there is not an intelligent creator id like to see your proof that there isnt . other than theories and opinions

You -have- been consistently and demonstrably wrong. You were wrong about what questions science could or could not answer. You've managed to get every single scientific theory you -think- you're arguing against completely wrong, you failed to present a single valid form of inference.......and you are, right now, in this comment..pitching straw yet again. The burden of proof has been accepted, a convincing demonstration was arranged for....and you even managed to contribute to it

You know, the time you've spent shitposting,................... is greater than the time it would have taken for you to learn, for yourself, that you've been shitposting. Food for thought.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 29, 2015 at 7:02 pm)Rhythm Wrote: No one said it would make you see it as less amazing...so I don't know why you're asking me that question.  

You going full retard on us?  Seeing if you can get her to hit 90 before she meets the brick wall?  What's going on here?

you said that i should study biology more indicating that that would convince me that intelligent design didnt create it and i said i doubt that to be true if anything i would believe even more strongly in intelligent design after learning how much more complex biology really is .

(October 29, 2015 at 7:44 pm)jenny1972 Wrote:
(October 29, 2015 at 6:58 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You're a moron..what you shouldn't have done...is google for the first smart sounding person that said something you thought might lend credibility to your position...Jenny.  

That's what you did.  Own it.  If you can't take your own remarks seriously then why should anyone else take them seriously?

no wrong i didnt google for smart sounding people whos opinions matched mine ive known for years that einstein believed in intelligent design to the universe . if your wrong about that maybe your wrong about other things.
You forget that Hawkins quote...Jenny?  Already?

You -should- study biology more. What that has to do with how amazing you find it I have no idea, shitposter.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 29, 2015 at 7:10 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Long past time to make your case, Jenny.  Long past time to cease demanding that others provide you with the straw you're pitching.  Long past time to cease prevaricating and dodging both the responsibility of your own claims, and an acknowledgement of what others have provided to you, at your request.

Do work.

your the one making the claim that intelligent creation cannot exist , i dont need to prove anything to you i told you my opinion , i said a long time ago i could not prove it and you are the one who is challenging my position so you provide the proof that the universe was not created by some kind of intelligent design. you brought the claim and think i have to prove it to you ? i dont care if you agree with me think whatever you want .

No..I'm not....so go have that argument with someone who is? This response can actually fit for the vast majority of your posts. This has already been mentioned more than once. Help me help you to understand. Do you understand why it makes little sense to respond as you've been doing?
(October 29, 2015 at 7:58 pm)jenny1972 Wrote:
(October 29, 2015 at 7:10 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Long past time to make your case, Jenny.  Long past time to cease demanding that others provide you with the straw you're pitching.  Long past time to cease prevaricating and dodging both the responsibility of your own claims, and an acknowledgement of what others have provided to you, at your request.

Do work.

your the one making the claim that intelligent creation cannot exist , i dont need to prove anything to you i told you my opinion , i said a long time ago i could not prove it and you are the one who is challenging my position so you provide the proof that the universe was not created by some kind of intelligent design. you brought the claim and think i have to prove it to you ? i dont care if you agree with me think whatever you want .

You are so wrong.

Very few atheists make the claim that an intelligent creator can not exist. 

Our position is that there is insufficient demonstrable evidence, reasoned argument and valid and sound logic to support the claim that there is an intelligent creator.

I will ask you again, if everything that is orderly and organised requires an intelligent creator, how created your god?

Unless you are claiming that your god is not organised and ordely.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 14132 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4438 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
  Skeptics might be jumping to conclusions Transcended Dimensions 357 55681 April 27, 2018 at 7:14 am
Last Post: polymath257
  Why am I here? Mystic 51 10990 April 3, 2018 at 8:05 am
Last Post: Mystic
  A Question of Dropped Pennies: How Might an Atheist Respond? Rhondazvous 33 9498 July 5, 2017 at 4:30 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  2014 article in online science journal: "Atheists Might Not Exist" Whateverist 15 4145 July 4, 2016 at 9:06 pm
  Are the far right Christians here in the U.S. just upset they're losing power GoHalos1993 52 7971 June 9, 2016 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why I hate Right Wing Christians bussta33 31 6370 April 16, 2016 at 5:28 am
Last Post: GUBU
  You might be an Atheist... The Reality Salesman01 14 3778 November 15, 2013 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Why, Why,Why! Lemonvariable72 14 3591 October 2, 2013 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas