Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 29, 2024, 6:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm God. What evidence do I need to provide?
RE: I'm God. What evidence do I need to provide?
(October 30, 2015 at 9:03 am)alpha male Wrote: As you're still alive, if I heard credible reports, I'd come and check it out for myself. Regarding credible reports, the reporters would need to have changed their life to spread your word, and it would be helpful if you gave them miraculous powers as well.

Hi Alpha...the cargo cults of Tanna fit your bill perfectly.  I expect to see you spreading the gospel of John Frum from this point forward.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 30, 2015 at 12:15 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(October 30, 2015 at 9:03 am)alpha male Wrote: As you're still alive, if I heard credible reports, I'd come and check it out for myself. Regarding credible reports, the reporters would need to have changed their life to spread your word, and it would be helpful if you gave them miraculous powers as well.

Hi Alpha...the cargo cults of Tanna fit your bill perfectly.  I expect to see you spreading the gospel of John Frum from this point forward.

Seeing as I haven't heard credible reports, no, it doesn't fit my bill at all. If they really believe, they need to do a better job of spreading the word.
You not having seen them isn't due to them not existing.  You just don't want to look.  We even have pictures.  Go, spread the word.
(cmon, I know that your little criteria list was bullshit and so do you...you're pointlessly defending yourself..lol - you need more than what you offered to believe in a god - there's nothing wrong with that.)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 30, 2015 at 12:29 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You not having seen them isn't due to them not existing.
OK.
Quote:You just don't want to look.
Yep. They can get the info to me. That was clear in my post.
Oh but they've tried....after all, here I am....discussing it with you, you're just a reprobate that doesn't want to be saved.
(October 30, 2015 at 12:33 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Oh but they've tried....after all, here I am....discussing it with you, you're just a reprobate that doesn't want to be saved.

Now you're forgetting the key word credible. What makes you think that an atheist has any credibility as a religious evangelist? You're not really that dumb are you? Just bored I suppose?
You are an atheist too alpha. Do you believe in Krishna?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

The big question for me is how a theist can tell I'm not an arbitrarily powerful alien.

I can do whatever tricks you want me to do, I have the technology, and you can't see it. How do you know if I'm a trickster or god?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 30, 2015 at 9:03 am)alpha male Wrote:
(October 30, 2015 at 8:50 am)robvalue Wrote: So if I healed some people, raised some people from the dead and parted some seas, and I was pretty similar to your book, that would be enough?

Do you have to personally see me do all these things, or will you take someone else's word for it?

As you're still alive, if I heard credible reports, I'd come and check it out for myself. Regarding credible reports, the reporters would need to have changed their life to spread your word, and it would be helpful if you gave them miraculous powers as well.

But now, alpha, you're just following the old babble script about the so-called apostles.  It's 2015.  Although some sheeple will still believe what a preacher tells them, most folks now want evidence.  Measurable, testable, reproducible, recorded evidence.  People will change their lives and follow a cult for the oddest of reasons - I need incontrovertible scientific proof.   

And even with that proof, it wouldn't mean that this "deity" was worthy of worship.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
If I'd died (or disappeared), and all the dudes I gave powers too had died (or disappeared), but there were loads of textual accounts of all this stuff which is said to be sufficient, would that be enough evidence that I was god?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 7561 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The absurd need for logical proofs for God R00tKiT 225 15495 December 31, 2020 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4819 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Does afterlife need God? Fake Messiah 7 1430 February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7339 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  If theists understood "evidence" Foxaèr 135 14261 October 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Moses parting the sea evidence or just made up Smain 12 2999 June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mass shooting in a school? Need God. Mass shooting in a church?.... Chad32 54 11922 November 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christian in need of help (feeling uneasy about God quote)!! MellisaClarke 99 31654 May 29, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  The Best Evidence For God and Against God The Joker 49 10046 November 22, 2016 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Asmodee