Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 5:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism vs. God's Existence
RE: Atheism vs. God's Existence
What I want to see is triple-fail continuing to assert divine design when he reaches middle age - assuming they are male - and needs to take a piss but can't, because his enlarged prostate has blocked his ability to do so.
(May 25, 2016 at 1:44 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: But does that require any designer?  If no designer is involved in the actual choices, why assume a designer had to design organisms to evolve sans and input from a designer?

There's this book.
Glad I'm not stuck inserting what some ancient book says into every bit of understanding I come up with.
(May 25, 2016 at 1:50 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: Glad I'm not stuck inserting what some ancient book says into every bit of understanding I come up with.

Fuck yes. I couldn't live like that. It must be exhausting.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
It was for me. It felt so good when I completely stopped trying to make science fit my book.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
At least atheism exists it doesn't need a book or require faith at all or some type of deity.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(May 25, 2016 at 3:40 pm)dyresand Wrote: At least atheism exists it doesn't need a book or require faith at all or some type of deity.

Well it does require theism I suppose.  Without the strange claims there would be nothing to dismiss.
(May 25, 2016 at 11:03 am)robvalue Wrote: I wouldn't put it anywhere since my creation wouldn't need to eat or breathe in order to not die.

You're talking like God has restrictions to work around. Where did these come from?

That goes back to one of my original answers.  Why could we not just have been 'plant' people?  Just live off the sun and air.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(May 25, 2016 at 10:41 am)Constable Dorfl Wrote:
(May 25, 2016 at 10:16 am)AAA Wrote: So why is the designer incompetent? Because there are flaws? If so, then you are an incompetent designer also. I think I'm missing your point.

A designer that can create a creature who can choke to death on a pretzel is so incompetent he makes Baldrick look like a genius.

Think about the success rate of eating. I don't even feel like I can speculate a reasonable ratio of successful attempts at eating to the attempts that end in choking. Just be thankful we've got mechanisms to prevent choking.
(May 25, 2016 at 10:46 am)Gemini Wrote:
(May 25, 2016 at 10:31 am)AAA Wrote: Where would you put the esophagus then? I bet that wherever you want to put it would lead to more problems than it would solve. Just be thankful that someone managed to have an epiglottis back when the interface first evolved, or else every single member of the species would have choked to death.

It's not obvious that problems would arise from separating the respiratory system from the digestive system.

But where would you put them??

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Existence of Marcion questioned? JairCrawford 28 2297 March 4, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The existence of god Foxaèr 16 3028 May 5, 2018 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  There is no argument for the existence of "God" Foxaèr 38 7754 March 15, 2016 at 8:50 am
Last Post: popsthebuilder
  Two ways to prove the existence of God. Also, what I'm looking for. IanHulett 9 3695 July 25, 2015 at 6:37 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  20 Arguments for God's existence? Foxaèr 17 4222 May 9, 2014 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Telephones Prove God's Existence Mudhammam 9 4198 February 6, 2014 at 6:41 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12890 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Debating the existence of Jesus CleanShavenJesus 52 25229 June 26, 2013 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Bad Writer
  Science explains the existence of God. Greatest I am 1 1547 August 13, 2012 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: 5thHorseman
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6798 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad