Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 5:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are people so cruel? Refugees
RE: Why are people so cruel? Refugees
Nymphadora Wrote:
Quote:So let me ask, when hurricane Katrina hit our soil, where was the aid and the help from other countries? How long did it take before other countries donated billions to our residents in need? Please note that it's been over ten years and parts of NO are still abandoned. Parts of the city are still in ruin and people will never be able to return to their homes because they can't afford to rebuild them and they can't get help.

Maybe they can't believe that one of the richest countries in the world can't deal with getting one city out of thousands back on its feet.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
paulpablo Wrote:
Quote:The thing I'd say about those countries is they're very wise.
And I don't see intergration happening when you have Syrians with a literacy rate of 86% and an average iq of 83. Considering the people of South Korea, China and Japan are basically the smartest, most hard working well educated people in the world.

That literacy rate is about a perfect match for the USA, though.
(July 7, 2016 at 8:40 am)Little lunch Wrote: I think Australia could do more to help but unfortunately we have a lot of racists here.
It's not like we don't have room.
We're thirty times bigger than England and almost the same size as the US.
Possibly the biggest problem is our small population.
You don't need to add as many foreign people to annihilate the culture.
I think people are scared of us losing our identity.
Mostly the older generation.

You would loose your identity as this is one of the tenements of Islam (to move into a region and out breed the resident population, and take over in a few generations.) This is one of the alternatives Muslims have to Jihad.
Nymphadora Wrote:
Quote:bold mine.

How about that. So much for the US not doing their share.

We spend less than 1% of our budget on foreign aid, about the same as Portugal and Japan. The top eight are Sweden, Luxembourg, Norway, Denmark, the UK, Germany, France, and Switzerland. The UAE donated 1.1% of its GNI to foreign aid, Australia donated about 0.27% of its national income to foreign aid (2014).

https://www.theguardian.com/global-devel...t-generous
Drich Wrote:
Little lunch Wrote:I think Australia could do more to help but unfortunately we have a lot of racists here.
It's not like we don't have room.
We're thirty times bigger than England and almost the same size as the US.
Possibly the biggest problem is our small population.
You don't need to add as many foreign people to annihilate the culture.
I think people are scared of us losing our identity.
Mostly the older generation.

You would loose your identity as this is one of the tenements of Islam (to move into a region and out breed the resident population, and take over in a few generations.) This is one of the alternatives Muslims have to Jihad.
Would you please indicate the sura or hadith that states that?
(July 7, 2016 at 9:17 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Maybe they can't believe that one of the richest countries in the world can't deal with getting one city out of thousands back on its feet.

Well we proved them right about that. FEMA seriously dropped the ball when it came to Katrina and NO is still trying to recover from that event. But I think my point was more or less that the US jumps in to help others out when a natural disaster hits and yet when it happens here, we barely get help from other countries.

Now I'm not saying we don't get any help at all, but when it comes down to the level of what we give out, we certainly don't see that back. Putting government aside - how many volunteers from other countries came to assist our residents when Katrina hit our shores? That is what I'm saying.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(July 7, 2016 at 8:56 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
paulpablo Wrote:It makes more sense for Muslims to go to Muslim countries where people have similar ideas about religious freedom, sexual equality and equality of sexuality.

Plus the fact some of these countries have ridiculous surplus wealth.  Quatar, Brunei, and Kuwait.

Syria has been a secular state for almost a century. Why would Syrian Muslims want to live in a religiously oppressive regime? Why would WE want them to?

I think in Syria before the war the legislation of the country was still based on Islamic laws.

Plus from what I can tell despite the laws in place there's too much of a high population of westerners so they basically bend the rules anyway.

I don't think anyone should live under a religiously oppressive regime, but what I think is that if living in Syria before the war was ok for you, then why is living in Brunei any worse?  It's a religiously oppressive regime with a FUCK load of cash and where rules can be broken behind closed doors.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(July 7, 2016 at 9:30 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: We spend less than 1% of our budget on foreign aid, about the same as Portugal and Japan. The top eight are Sweden, Luxembourg, Norway, Denmark, the UK, Germany, France, and Switzerland. The UAE donated 1.1% of its GNI to foreign aid, Australia donated about 0.27% of its national income to foreign aid (2014).

https://www.theguardian.com/global-devel...t-generous

That wasn't the point. The issue brought up was: why doesn't the US help more, because it was being assumed that we only let in 4000 people last year, when in fact, we have done so much more than just help 4000 people. So it's not about our budget. 600 million dollars on top of the five BILLION dollars already donated to help the cause is a lot of money. For people to say we weren't helping, was wrong and I was pointing that out, strictly on principle because I'm tired of the accusations that the US is not stepping up to help out more.

People seem to forget that it's not always about relocating refugees. It's also about bringing in resources to assist them so that they can remain in their own country. It's about volunteers, food, shelter, medicine and other types of aid. There is a lot more that goes on with helping out those in need that reaches beyond having to necessitate a relocation. I'm sure if those people had the choice to remain in their own places, with help, they would want to stay where they are as long as it was safe to do so.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
paulpablo Wrote:
Mister Agenda Wrote:Syria has been a secular state for almost a century. Why would Syrian Muslims want to live in a religiously oppressive regime? Why would WE want them to?

I think in Syria before the war the legislation of the country was still based on Islamic laws.
I think you're mistaken.
Nymphadora Wrote:
Mister Agenda Wrote:Maybe they can't believe that one of the richest countries in the world can't deal with getting one city out of thousands back on its feet.

Well we proved them right about that. FEMA seriously dropped the ball when it came to Katrina and NO is still trying to recover from that event. But I think my point was more or less that the US jumps in to help others out when a natural disaster hits and yet when it happens here, we barely get help from other countries.

Now I'm not saying we don't get any help at all, but when it comes down to the level of what we give out, we certainly don't see that back. Putting government aside - how many volunteers from other countries came to assist our residents when Katrina hit our shores? That is what I'm saying.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio...ne_Katrina

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1613 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why People Ignore Facts (Gun Control) Jade-Green Stone 22 2000 December 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why does Politics bring out the worst in so many people? GODZILLA 21 2371 October 10, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Why are you American people, careless? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 27 2844 September 11, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why Do You Rep People? Jenny A 44 3607 March 29, 2018 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Why do people get angry seeing a Burqa ErGingerbreadMandude 65 11188 October 4, 2017 at 11:03 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why are people so affraid of anarchy? FlatAssembler 152 32827 September 12, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  This is why people hate America NuclearEnergy 57 14473 September 4, 2017 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why oh why are people on the righ so against LGBT folk? NuclearEnergy 10 2186 July 26, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I want to know, why do these people hate Obama so much? NuclearEnergy 42 15959 July 21, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Jehanne