Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do people get angry seeing a Burqa
Why do people get angry seeing a Burqa
This sentiment seems to be actually growing..
Any idea why this is happening? I happened to see an interview of the granddaughter of Hitler's financial minister who is apparently leading a party in Germany, not sure about that but apparently her position is that nuns that wear headscarf can do it but Muslims can't.

What is going on? Like most of you already know I don't live anywhere near where this anti Muslim sentiments are growing but I am curious as to why this is happening
RE: Why do people get angry seeing a Burqa
Muslims have been spontaneously exploding in streets at a greater rate than other subgroups, recently.  This makes many people uncomfortable with the presence of body bags.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
So...people are scared of Muslims.. Is that what's going on?.. Seems like a simple explanation but does make sense (there's still a bias there though)
[Image: sharia-law-74628858356.jpeg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

There is nothing wrong with the Burqa itself. It is a religious and also somewhat cultural symbol of the Islamic faith. It's no different in most respects than a Christian person wearing a cross around their neck or a Sikh person wearing a turban in general. I do know that some people think negatively of it because they think that it undermines a woman's rights. They think it reinforces the oppression many women endure on a day to day basis, and they don't think it's fair that men get to decide what women ought to wear while men themselves do not have to cover their faces.
I can't imagine why.

[Image: JXDT4M8.jpg]
It is a visible reminder that in a lot of the cultures that adopted islam women are legally considered things to be owned with no rights of their own rather than people.

Any moral person should be outraged at the idea of the burqa.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I think also that western culture doesn't like people hiding their faces.
We associate that with having something to hide.
Hey, you know who won Miss Lebanon? No-one! Keep covering ladies!

But I have seen some sexy ankles at the shopping centre though!

Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I think I once saw a video of a white guy grabbing and trying to strip off the clothes of a Muslim woman while screaming something like "tis America".

(October 3, 2017 at 2:21 am)Tazzycorn Wrote: It is a visible reminder that in a lot of the cultures that adopted islam women are legally considered things to be owned with no rights of their own rather than people.

Any moral person should be outraged at the idea of the burqa.

Okay, okay, I see the angle you're coming from. But I think the freedom to wear whatever should be left to the person wearing it. If women are forced to not wear a burqa it will definitely be dictating their attire,
"you shouldn't wear a burqa because it is oppressive to you, here let me tell you exactly what you should and shouldn't wear".
Since you're arguing from an angle of freedom of women, do you think women should be forced NOT to wear a burqa or should they be given the freedom to choose to not wear a burqa if they so please?

(October 3, 2017 at 2:38 am)Little lunch Wrote: I think also that western culture doesn't like people hiding their faces.
We associate that with having something to hide.

Is that really a western culture specific thing?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1306 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I dont get why Americans are complaining about Monarchy Woah0 0 499 September 10, 2022 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Woah0
  Why People Ignore Facts (Gun Control) Jade-Green Stone 22 1644 December 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why does Politics bring out the worst in so many people? GODZILLA 21 2036 October 10, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Why are you American people, careless? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 27 2183 September 11, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why Do You Rep People? Jenny A 44 2956 March 29, 2018 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Why are people so affraid of anarchy? FlatAssembler 152 29853 September 12, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  This is why people hate America NuclearEnergy 57 13335 September 4, 2017 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why oh why are people on the righ so against LGBT folk? NuclearEnergy 10 1997 July 26, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I want to know, why do these people hate Obama so much? NuclearEnergy 42 14977 July 21, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Jehanne