Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 1:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Over for Trump
RE: Game Over for Trump
(October 8, 2016 at 6:30 pm)Lek Wrote: Nothing I would rather see more than Trump dropping out and Pence taking his place.

For once I agree with you - it would make Hillary's victory even more decisive.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
The company you keep ...

(October 8, 2016 at 7:14 pm)Iroscato Wrote:
(October 8, 2016 at 6:30 pm)Lek Wrote: Nothing I would rather see more than Trump dropping out and Pence taking his place.

For once I agree with you - it would make Hillary's victory even more decisive.

I don't think it would.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(October 8, 2016 at 1:06 pm)Mermaid Wrote: What Trump says or does will not hurt him. He's teflon. Nobody who supports him cares.

It doesn't matter what he says.

Therein lies the problem. He gives zero fucks whatsoever about the people living in a country that he wants to be president of. Perhaps those that don't care, need to wake up and start paying attention, because I certainly do not want someone who doesn't care about his constituents, running a country that I live in.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I think the best part of all of this, is that it wasn't his blatant racist bullshit that turned them away, it wasn't his idiotic policies, it wasn't his lack of experience, it wasn't his being a moocher to the tune of millions..... it wasn't his utter lack of a single presidential thing about him.  No no, none of that.  The thing that's crushing him is, perhaps, one of the few true and truly understandable things he's said in his life.

His wife and daughter were both hot pieces of ass.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 8, 2016 at 7:14 pm)Iroscato Wrote: For once I agree with you - it would make Hillary's victory even more decisive.

He could lose the most primitive portion of the electorate, but he may appeal to a broader base of evangelicals and lower the taxes delusionists. And who knows, he might even catch some of Trumps outspoken fanbase with some well placed xenophobia.

So, I wouldn't say it's a given.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I don't think Pence's exaltation to the nomination would be remotely a good thing for Hillary's prospect.

Pence may lose a small portion of Trump's followers, but most will get behind the guy that Trump picked. Pence, meanwhile, appeals to all of the religious conservatives who didn't want to get behind Trump for obvious reasons. Combine this with the plethora of millennials who will take their foot off the gas once Trump is out.

I don't believe for even a 1/4 of a second that Hillary wins this election against a normal Republican. I think the best possible outcome is Trump staying in this race. He will be so off his rocker in this upcoming debate. It can only get worse as more and more Republicans distance themselves and make the moderate electorate feel better about not voting for him. If it is true that there are more leaks to come, then sit back and let him and KellyAnn try to spin it and look even worse.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(October 8, 2016 at 8:02 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I don't believe for even a 1/4 of a second that Hillary wins this election against a normal Republican. I think the best possible outcome is Trump staying in this race.

I have the same fear. Thankfully, I don't think Trump gives a rat's ass about the good of the Republican Party. It's all about him. I have no doubt he has a plan to monetize his run for President after the fact and that it will depend on keeping his flock of stupid, rabid supporters. He won't disappoint them by bowing out. I believe him when he says he will never quit.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Quote:I don't believe for even a 1/4 of a second that Hillary wins this election against a normal Republican.

They had 17 to choose from initially and not one of the motherfuckers would be classified as "normal."
The struggles any replacement would have with the mechanics of balloting would be huge.

And Pence would either but stuck with defending Trump's positions, with the racist baggage that comes with some of them, or he'd have to disavow them and lose more than a few Trumpeteers.

And any other replacement would have uphill legal sledding regarding EC votes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1133 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37116 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  I know how the Dems could fuck over Trump Won2blv 13 4410 June 10, 2017 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Aegon
  Trump's blame game -- absolutely hilarious. Jehanne 3 568 March 25, 2017 at 10:57 am
Last Post: abaris
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3211 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4238 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1721 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Poll of over 3000 U.S. troops: Gary Johnson preffered over Clinton, Trump ReptilianPeon 7 1846 July 22, 2016 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Trump U. The Comprehensive Guide to A Con Artist's Game Minimalist 0 484 March 17, 2016 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1295 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32