Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 1:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Where else?
RE: Where else?
(October 10, 2016 at 8:59 am)robvalue Wrote: I'd love to know how Rik has determined he's happier than other people. All that would probbaly indicate is that he was a particularly well behaved badger in a past life or something, right?

For 2 reasons Roberto.

1) I am free from dogmas.
2) I established a spiritual relationship with the entity in charge of everything and this relationship works
just like any love relationship.........you give without expecting any reward but by the way rewards are coming anyway and that make me feel so good.  Lightbulb
(October 10, 2016 at 6:47 am)robvalue Wrote: Right. Someone who was actually happy wouldn't need to rub it in everyone's face all the time.

You don't seem to be very attentive and observant to what you read Roberto.  Shake Fist

If you only would pay the due attention you would see that I only answer questions in that regard.
If someone ask me whether I am happy or not I reply to them.
That's it Roberto.
I am not the one who go around showing my magic mirrors.  Lightbulb
(October 11, 2016 at 7:55 am)chimp3 Wrote:
(October 10, 2016 at 8:59 am)robvalue Wrote: I'd love to know how Rik has determined he's happier than other people. All that would probbaly indicate is that he was a particularly well behaved badger in a past life or something, right?

What would a badger have to do to qualify as well behaved?

I always wonder this. How are animals meant to make sense of this bollocks when it doesn't even make sense to us?

(October 11, 2016 at 8:45 am)Little Rik Wrote:

For 2 reasons Roberto.

2) I established a spiritual relationship with the entity in charge of everything and this relationship works
just like any love relationship.........you give without expecting any reward but by the way rewards are coming anyway and that make me feel so good.  Lightbulb

I think you'll find everything you say about Karma is dogma. I don't think you know what dogma means.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 11, 2016 at 9:03 am)robvalue Wrote:
(October 11, 2016 at 7:55 am)chimp3 Wrote: What would a badger have to do to qualify as well behaved?

I always wonder this. How are animals meant to make sense of this bollocks when it doesn't even make sense to us?

If you wish that something make sense to you you got to consider all details but you don't.
Take just one.
When an animal kill an other animal to survive the animal that get killed does not suffer the way we would suffer because an animal nervous system is not evolved like ours.
You know the old saying.......no brain no pain.
But there are a lot of other details that you would not know anyway.

(October 11, 2016 at 8:45 am)Little Rik Wrote: For 2 reasons Roberto.

Quote:I think you'll find everything you say about Karma is dogma. I don't think you know what dogma means.

As usually you are not specific Roberto.
You just throw judgment around hoping to hit the jackpot.
In reality is like to throw a stone in the water.
You hit nothing.  Wink
Animals often eat their prey alive.  I'm willing to say they suffer -just- as we would suffer, being eaten alive.  You realize that the crushing majority of animals do have a brain...., even if you might not?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 11, 2016 at 10:47 am)Rhythm Wrote: Animals often eat their prey alive.  I'm willing to say they suffer -just- as we would suffer, being eaten alive. You realize that the crushing majority of animals do have a brain...., even if you might not?

A brain with a less developed nervous system.
Right?
So what that means Rit?

Think Rit.  Lightbulb
I'm sure you'll tell us, shortly...so why ask me, lol?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 10, 2016 at 6:12 am)chimp3 Wrote:
(October 10, 2016 at 5:46 am)Little Rik Wrote: Beside why should I be unhappy?
On top of the above mention things I also practice yoga which is food for the mind so I am a lot more happy than you.
You never thought about that Rit, did you?  Wink

I think you spend way more time stirring up controversy on atheist forums than you do seeking oneness with the universe.

He tries too hard to be that wise yoga guru kind of guy, but he's just another dude who loves to argue online with strangers because he has nothing better to do.
(October 11, 2016 at 11:00 am)Irrational Wrote:
(October 10, 2016 at 6:12 am)chimp3 Wrote: I think you spend way more time stirring up controversy on atheist forums than you do seeking oneness with the universe.

He tries too hard to be that wise yoga guru kind of guy, but he's just another dude who loves to argue online with strangers because he has nothing better to do.

So the yogi persona is part of his ego indentity .
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(October 11, 2016 at 10:54 am)Rhythm Wrote: I'm sure you'll tell us, shortly...so why ask me, lol?

You are the one that think that animals are suffering so much because they have a brain. Shake Fist Shake Fist
Unfortunately you don't take in consideration the fact that the animal brain is a lot less evolved.
The signals that the nervous system send to the brain are weaker and the pain weaker.

If you still can not get it I suggest you to do some researches to update your information.  Lightbulb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone else get deconverted by a single sentence? Astonished 67 9710 July 20, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Does anyone else feel like this? dyresand 21 4040 December 11, 2015 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Joods
  Does anyone else miss Christopher Hitchens? TheMessiah 13 4346 March 12, 2015 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: QuarkDriven
  Does anyone else see this dyresand 26 9860 January 21, 2015 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Anyone else ever think like this? Jextin 10 2461 December 31, 2014 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  anybody else find this really poignant? fojo 0 952 November 14, 2014 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: fojo
  My Argument for "Gnostic Atheism" - Anyone Else? onebluethinker 7 4227 October 17, 2014 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest
  Anyone else an atheist while going to a Christian school? KentuckySkeptic224 7 3111 October 16, 2014 at 7:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  anyone else notice a change of pace in christianity? Jextin 17 3148 August 19, 2014 at 4:44 am
Last Post: ronwilliams
  Does Anyone Else Hate Christianity Specifically? lezbehonest 25 4125 July 29, 2014 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants