Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 1:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
RE: I am a theist, what do you think of my proof for God existing?
Dear atheist colleagues, thanks a lot for your presence and contribution to my thread, imagine how this thread will look like if you atheists do not come over and much less post your feelings and thoughts here.

Now, I have found a way that will enable us me a theist and you atheists to get to each other's heart and mind, so that we will get linked in heart and in mind, to know each other intimately in an intellectual sense, of course, in regard to the issue God exists or not.

Let us do this exercise:

We will ask each other a question, I am only one person and you are many, so I will try my best to answer everyone of you, your question.

Just keep your question to not more than 30 words, so that you will deliver a very focused clear message, because you have to express your thought in just 30 words or less.

I will also ask you each one of you, but addressed to everyone of you, a question, in not more than 30 words.

Of course all questions must be on the issue God exists or not, and when you have not answered my question I will not entertain your next question if you have asked an earlier question which I have answered to.

Here I go, as I am the proponent of this exercise, so I feel bound to ask the first question.

Here goes, my question to you all atheists here:

What is your information of the concept of God, gods, etc., just choose one?

Quote:operator Online
Religious Views: Satanist
Threads: 6
7 hours ago
LOL

Every time someone tears apart his argument he just dances around it all and changes the subject.

This thread is going nowhere and I'm checking out.
(November 8, 2016 at 6:21 am)Mariosep Wrote: Here goes, my question to you all atheists here:

What is your information of the concept of God, gods, etc., just choose one?

Your question does not make sense.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

I've been away from this thread for a while as Mariosep was just repeating himself. So I skipped to the last page and what do I see? Mariosep creating a post 265 words long (not including some pointless profile appended at the bottom) to basically ask us to respond in only 30 words or less. And a question that makes no sense at all.

What is your information of the concept of God? What does that even mean?
(November 7, 2016 at 11:13 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: The only awful posts here are YOURS.  Go away.  No one likes you.  And, you smell.  

Just do what I'm doing, shout Ni! at him until he builds us a <dramatic pause> shrubbery.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(November 7, 2016 at 3:46 pm)Mariosep Wrote: Thanks everyone for your presence and contribution.

Now, finally, Simon, you have shown up.

excerpt Simon #597 Wrote:Thanks, but no thanks.

You have already demonstrated that you are unable to be intellectually honest, so unless you can come up with actual evidence for your god, I may be done with this thread.

Okay, what about your being born from your parents, that is causation by your parents of your existence and life, is that not evidence of God, in concept as first and foremost the creator cause and operator cause of the universe and man and everything with a beginning?

Thanks dear Simon for showing up, please stay with me.

Ni!

Home
ni! ni! ni!

(like that?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crX4E-dul4Y
(November 7, 2016 at 5:40 pm)Mariosep Wrote: <snip for great justice>

Why are you quoting creatard sites citing discredited theories and lies?

The first site starts with the long discredited goldilocks argument, and the other five "proofs" are "we don't understand X therefore goddidit". No argument there.
The second starts with a lie about Russians finding hell, continues with Eben Alexander's lying book diverts to Pascal's wager and Francis Collins' idiocy regarding yhwh.
The wiki article doesn't say what you think it says.
I'm not watching an idiot prancing in youtube.
The next three links are broken.
The next link is from a funditard christian website, and simply publishes a one-sided account of a debate the site owner once had.
And the last site is a rapture site pushing the blatant and long discredited lie that Michio Kaku proved god exists.

Also Ni!

Home
(November 8, 2016 at 6:21 am)Mariosep Wrote: What is your information of the concept of God, gods, etc., just choose one?

It depends on the claim being made; for there are many. In this case, the claim is for the single creator god concept. That's what we're talking about here, right?

We've been dismantling it for 63 pages and dropping the shattered pieces at your feet. Why do you keep asking us? Every time you try to clean the slate, it yields the same results.
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
(November 8, 2016 at 6:21 am)Mariosep Wrote: What is your information of the concept of God, gods, etc., just choose one?

It is really frustrating that you simply cannot understand that this is not how it works.  I DO NOT have a concept of God, gods, etc.  I don't believe fairies exist, so why would I assign properties to them?  What purpose would that serve?  If properties were assigned it would make it more possible to test for those properties.  So, as a person who does not believe in fairies, the properties I would assign are meaningless because they would be things that I know would produce no positive results.  It is the person who BELIEVES in the fairies who needs to assign the properties to be tested for to prove that thing exists.

Let us look at your, frankly, pathetic "definition" for God:
"God in concept is first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning."
The only properties assigned there are "creator" and "operator".

Let's look at operator first.  Google "operator definition".  I am sure you are not saying that God is part of a mathematical expression.  Therefore I must conclude that God is "a person" as EVERY other definition of the word includes "a person".  But a little later on you include "man" in your definition.  So God is a person who created and operates people.  That makes no damned sense.  You've used a wrong word there.

So now the only property we have left which we haven't shown to be flawed is "creator".  There are countless "creators" in mythology.  The big bang is technically a "creator".  Membrane theory is a "cause" for the big bang.  "Creator" is such a generic term that it tells us nothing about the nature of your God concept.

So, essentially, your argument is even DUMBER than it first appears because once you break it down it's easy to see that your argument is simply this:

1) God is the creator
2) Things exist
3) Therefor God exists

THAT IS STUPID!
Have you ever noticed all the drug commercials on TV lately?  Why is it the side effects never include penile enlargement or super powers?
Side effects may include super powers or enlarged penis which may become permanent with continued use.  Stop taking Killatol immediately and consult your doctor if you experience penis enlargement of more than 3 inches, laser vision, superhuman strength, invulnerability, the ability to explode heads with your mind or time travel.  Killatoll is not for everyone, especially those who already have convertibles or vehicles of ridiculous size to supplement penis size.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 7856 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 4828 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 589 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Europeans already think about Harry Potter, not about god Interaktive 11 1311 January 1, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2703 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2456 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 1168 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Proof at least one god is b.s. onlinebiker 10 1646 March 16, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 8107 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 8397 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG