Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 3:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[1 second conversion] Convert theist to atheist, in 1 second
RE: [1 second conversion] Convert theist to atheist, in 1 second
Actually the first sentence in the Unicode Restriction clause should answer both of your questions.

This thread had more restricted characters than non restricted characters(or close to it). The first sentence says that posts should mainly be comprised of basic english symbols. This was not obviously the case in this thread.
The other thread, on the other hand, was mainly written in English, and not restricted Unicode characters.

Not that it really matters. Your stars were contentless, and unless you were trying to convey humor with them, it's not like you can claim your message was being censored. If they were trying to convey humor, I imagine there is something in the TOS regarding trolling that might be more applicable to the situation? Maybe I am wrong though. Having been a moderator and admin on other websites in the past, I can safely say AF puts up with way more than most forums.
I have reported him already. He may well have received a warning for spamming/trolling at this point, and I suspect that if he does yet another thread in this similar pointless way action will be taken. This is at least the third "topic" (if you can call it that) covering the same bullshit.

That's just my speculation, as I'm no longer staff.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 19, 2017 at 2:06 am)Aristocatt Wrote: Actually the first sentence in the Unicode Restriction clause should answer both of your questions.

This thread had more restricted characters than non restricted characters(or close to it).  The first sentence says that posts should mainly be comprised of basic english symbols.  This was not obviously the case in this thread.
The other thread, on the other hand, was mainly written in English, and not restricted Unicode characters.

Not that it really matters.  Your stars were contentless, and unless you were trying to convey humor with them, it's not like you can claim your message was being censored.  If they were trying to convey humor, I imagine there is something in the TOS regarding trolling that might be more applicable to the situation?  Maybe I am wrong though.  Having been a moderator and admin on other websites in the past, I can safely say AF puts up with way more than most forums.

If any law had been broken, I would have already been banned.

Some mod felt annoyed at the stars in the post's title, and so they took 'interpretive' action.

Persons tend to become afftected by trivial things such as stars, especially when their expressions are demonstrated to be nonsense..
You will find that editing thread titles is something the mods avoid.
Also, the mods in this forum only take action after there having been a vote among them on the matter. Enough of them interpreted the rules in such a way that made them agree with the editing of the title.
It's never something that a single mod has the authority to do.
Stop complaining about the mods here. This is the best run forum I've ever seen.

Haven't you noticed that most everyone here complains about your "style"?
Even the believers come to your threads and tell you to your face that your conversion methods failed on them. What more evidence do you need that they don't work? And that the claim that they work in a few seconds is ludicrous?

Treat other people as the humans that they are, not the machines you want them to be.
(January 19, 2017 at 3:07 am)ProgrammingGodJordan Wrote: [...] especially when their expressions are demonstrated to be nonsense..

[Image: funyol.jpg]

(January 19, 2017 at 3:07 am)ProgrammingGodJordan Wrote: Persons tend to become afftected by trivial things such as stars, especially when their expressions are demonstrated to be nonsense..

Yes, we've noticed that.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I seem to recall another member that had a very short stay due to his continual use of different fonts and colors in nearly every post.

Just about everyone complained about that too and he was poofed out of here.

A word to the wise, PGJ, tread lightly or else you might find you'll need to make your witless arguments elsewhere.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(January 19, 2017 at 3:07 am)ProgrammingGodJordan Wrote:
(January 19, 2017 at 2:06 am)Aristocatt Wrote: Actually the first sentence in the Unicode Restriction clause should answer both of your questions.

This thread had more restricted characters than non restricted characters(or close to it).  The first sentence says that posts should mainly be comprised of basic english symbols.  This was not obviously the case in this thread.

Not that it really matters.  Your stars were contentless, and unless you were trying to convey humor with them, it's not like you can claim your message was being censored.  If they were trying to convey humor, I imagine there is something in the TOS regarding trolling that might be more applicable to the situation?  Maybe I am wrong though.  Having been a moderator and admin on other websites in the past, I can safely say AF puts up with way more than most forums.

If any law had been broken, I would have already been banned.

Some mod felt annoyed at the stars in the post's title, and so they took 'interpretive' action.

Persons tend to become afftected by trivial things such as stars, especially when their expressions are demonstrated to be nonsense..

You're the only one making a big deal out of it. Please do continue, though.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Regardless, if you have any issues regarding a member of the forum, including Staff, you are obliged to make a formal report such that the matter can be discussed in the proper quarter. Bickering about it in open thread is not appropriate and will not be tolerated. This is the same courtesy that you would expect if someone has issue with you.

Consequently, I will not engage in any such discussion of private matters in public. This is not up for debate.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 18, 2017 at 7:14 am)ProgrammingGodJordan Wrote: @robvalue

(January 18, 2017 at 7:05 am)robvalue Wrote: Yes, philosophy is not observable, you arrogant prick. You can't see abstract concepts.

You can observe people doing philosophy, and measure their brains or whatever. But that's not measuring philosophy itself.

[Image: C5Nneuc.png]

[Image: kOKjwlJ.png]

[Image: 7bjiozM.png]

[Image: FB63Njc.jpg]

By day he is known as ProgrammingGodJordan but by night he is Mister Equivocation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 3306 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 841 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theist with Questions RBP3280 57 3879 April 1, 2022 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Covid-19 second wave WinterHold 58 8372 August 11, 2020 at 6:50 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dating / Married To Theist wolf39us 23 3356 April 8, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You're a theist against immigration? Silver 54 10461 July 9, 2018 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A serious question for the theist. Silver 18 3308 May 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Stupid theist tricks........ Brian37 6 2014 April 29, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Silver 13 4006 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 26534 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic