Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 7, 2024, 9:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump orders wall to be built on Mexico border
RE: Trump orders wall to be built on Mexico border
(January 26, 2017 at 7:20 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: My dad is an engineer and my mom a stay at home mom.

Am I right in assuming he came on a work visa?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(January 26, 2017 at 7:10 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(January 26, 2017 at 6:51 pm)Cecelia Wrote:

Apparently we have all the money you could ever hope for to start wars and build walls.  But education?  health care?  Get out of here!  We've got walls to build.

Here's a great education problem:  design an impenetrable barrier that will span the US/Mexico border, and calculate the material, manpower, time and cost to get it built within 360 days.

(January 26, 2017 at 7:05 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Go troll someplace else, idiot.

I guess you missed the news about the prisoners who barbecued other prisoners in those mudholes.  So why in the hell would we want any of those people to flood into our country?  

The only idiots are people who want them here.

So your argument is because Mexico has evil people then the U.S should build a wall

The logic is fail with this one
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I guess the reverse logic, that the US has Trump voters so the Mexicans really do need a wall, surprising has pursuasiveness in it.
(January 26, 2017 at 7:21 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(January 26, 2017 at 6:36 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: How about if you're poor or uneducated.  How many legal avenues do they have?

As I said several times, if you're getting turned down simply for being poor/uneducated, then that's something that needs to be fixed.

Yup and until it's fixed In fact until all the varied problems are fixed my sympathies stand legal or no
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Fix it?  No, no, lets deport them because they're all criminals.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I think people who are here illegally should have the option of applying for some sort of amnesty. At which point each is taken on a case by case basis to determine whether they should be granted it. How long have they been here? How well are they integrated? Have they otherwise been a law abiding member of society? Do they have a family/children here? Are they under some sort of dire circumstance such as their country being at war? All these points should be considered as possible reasons to grant them amnesty. If they are then approved for it, they can go on to apply for citizenship.

I think the above seems extremely reasonable, and I can't understand anyone on either side of the political spectrum objecting to it without having some sort of ulterior political motive for doing so.

FatAndFaithless suggested that everyone who is here illegally should just be able to "very very easily" get a citizenship. Which I don't find reasonable at all. If everyone who comes here/is here illegally can just go out and get a citizenship so easily, then what's the point of regulating our borders at all? At that point we may as well let everyone and anyone walk right in willy nilly lol. This really doesn't make any sense. No civilized country operates this way.

If it is true that there are unfair standards to who we let come in, then that obviously needs to be changed first and foremost. And of course, if you're a refugee or otherwise in a life/death situation, you may come in and the legal stuff can get sorted out once you're safe. But to say everyone who is here illegally should just be able to go out right now and get their citizenship just like that, really doesn't make any sense.

(January 26, 2017 at 7:23 pm)abaris Wrote:
(January 26, 2017 at 7:20 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: My dad is an engineer and my mom a stay at home mom.

Am I right in assuming he came on a work visa?

I was 7 years old at the time so I'm not entirely sure, but I would assume so. Though my retired grandparents and secretary aunt obviously didn't. I don't know if my uncle (the accountant) did or not.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Quote:I think people who are here illegally should have the option of applying for some sort of amnesty. At which point each is taken on a case by case basis to determine whether they should be granted it. How long have they been here? How well are they integrated? Have they otherwise been a law abiding member of society? Do they have a family/children here? Are they under some sort of dire circumstance such as their country being at war? All these points should be considered as possible reasons to grant them amnesty. If they are then approved for it, they can go on to apply for citizenship.

Not good enough I fear and I won't come soon enough

Quote:I think the above seems extremely reasonable, and I can't understand anyone on either side of the political spectrum objecting to it without having some sort of ulterior political motive for doing so.

My opinion has nothing to do with politics

Quote:FatAndFaithless suggested that everyone who is here illegally should just be able to "very very easily" get a citizenship. Which I don't find reasonable at all. If everyone who comes here/is here illegally can just go out and get a citizenship so easily, then what's the point of regulating our borders at all? At that point we may as well let everyone and anyone walk right in willy nilly lol. This really doesn't make any sense. No civilized country operates this way.

False dichotomy

Quote:If it is true that there are unfair standards to who we let come in, then that obviously needs to be changed first and foremost. And of course, if you're a refugee or otherwise in a life/death situation, you may come in and the legal stuff can get sorted out once you're safe. But to say everyone who is here illegally should just be able to go out right now and get their citizenship just like that, really doesn't make any sense.

Already addressed this

Inuit Proverb

(January 26, 2017 at 7:41 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  If everyone who comes here/is here illegally can just go out and get a citizenship so easily, then what's the point of regulating our borders at all? At that point we may as well let everyone and anyone walk right in willy nilly lol. This really doesn't make any sense. No civilized country operates this way.
Typical all or nothing response.  IDK why this is even about citizenship. Maybe they don;t want to be citizens? Because, oh, IDK, the US is a shitty racist place and if it weren't for the jobs they'd be back home, in the country of their birth, with friends and family, that they love and send money back to. / shrugs

Quote:If it is true that there are unfair standards to who we let come in, then that obviously needs to be changed first and foremost.
There's that "if" again.

It's almost as "if" some people cant deal with the fact that the happy story they've been telling themselves...and arguing to others....is, in fact, horrid.  

Rolleyes
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 26, 2017 at 7:41 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: If everyone who comes here/is here illegally can just go out and get a citizenship so easily, then what's the point of regulating our borders at all?

What do you see as the point in regulating our borders?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 26, 2017 at 3:23 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: When I ask a genuine question, I would appreciate being given the respect of a response coming from you, in your words, and in the form of a human to human discussion. Not a copy pasta. But alright, I'll roll with it. 

This sounds like it's saying it would be purely a symbolic thing... for the sake of principle. The principle being to make a clear, physical distinction between "our culture" and "their culture". Are you admitting then that the wall will probably not physically keep illegals from getting in?

As an immigrant myself, I believe in controlling our borders as every country does. But not for the reason of some sort of "culture preservation."

Ah yeah see your point, no disrespect was meant by just posting the quote.

So I think the wall is a bit symbolic, but also an extension of the 700 miles of fence we already have. I see it as added security not only from our enemies and drugs coming over, but controlling migration to protect citizens who and wages. Easy access to cheap labor in the form of illegal immigrants bring down the wage average for citizens and limit opportunity for low skilled workers who tend to end up on welfare. I would be perfectly happy to make worker visas easy to get so they can come work here, but for them just to sneak across the border and exploit American tax payers and our laws needs to stop. Trump really isn't enforcing new laws, they are already in place but are not being followed to an extent.

No one is really against immigration, it's the illegal immigration that needs to stop because it's unregulated. I think the left since they don't let us use the term illigal alien, and then said to stop using illegal immigrant and just use the term immigrant, has confused a lot of people on the left to the point that some who are younger don't see the difference between legal and illegal. I work with people from India a lot at my job who are here on worker visas, and documented. I know a few illegal immigrants who have come over and accept them as good people just trying to live a better life.

Problem is we need to worry about the enemy infiltrating the border, and also have some self respect and just put up the wall as the first barrier. Honestly, it's not a garuntee, and just like people can escape jail, they will find a way to get here. The wall is just one thing, the clamp down hiring of illegals, and deportations of the violent criminals, and stricter immigration rules we already have is the rest.

The interesting thing from psychological warfare, is you defeat the enemy from within. It comes down to ideological subversion, and I think the extreme left has succumb to it. I feel like the extreme left has been subverted into not accepting borders under the guise that it's racist, but if you want to destroy a nation from within, you need to infiltrate covertly using these steps: Demoralization, Destabilization, Insurgency, Normalization. For the extreme left, we are at normalization where zero defense on the border is a good thing.

This plan to destroy the US was laid out by ex KGB agent Yuri Bezmenov in how to destablize the US for complete take over using ideological subversion techniques. Which is why you have communists protesting Trump. Trump represents a wall to their plans.

https://mcalvanyintelligenceadvisor.com/...malization

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 6904 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  100th Aniversery of the Black Wall Street Masacre. Brian37 8 704 May 28, 2021 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Subway crash in Mexico City. Brian37 11 1008 May 4, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Conservatives charged in border wall fraud Foxaèr 5 468 August 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support onlinebiker 20 1656 August 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Turkey's Erdogan orders the conversion of Hagia Sophia back into a mosque AniKoferBo 91 4277 July 15, 2020 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  North Carolina orders new election. Brian37 4 636 February 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm
  Donald Trump Jr. compares border wall to zoo fences that hold animals WinterHold 3 308 January 10, 2019 at 9:43 am
  CA judge orders warning on coffee. brewer 15 1393 April 7, 2018 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Make MAGA pay for the Wall Street Brian37 40 4149 April 3, 2018 at 3:15 pm