Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 11:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matter and energy can be past-eternal
RE: Matter and energy can be past-eternal
(June 30, 2017 at 6:59 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(June 30, 2017 at 6:11 pm)ManofYesterday Wrote: It would be very embarrassing for you if I did do that for a living, but I'm actually a Computer Scientist. Also, that's very elitist of you. Do you hate poor people and blue collar workers? Ironically, I bet you're a blue collar worker yourself.

Learning what most of the menu options do in Excel doesn't make you a computer scientist, binky.  I think if you were a computer scientist, you would know that only a college student would think those words need to be capitalized.

I said that I am a Computer Scientist, not an English major.

That being said, when I compare my writing with yours, mine is superior. By far. In fact, I believe I'm a better writer than every person on this forum. That's pretty good for a Computer Scientist, but all things considered, it's not much of an accomplishment. I am competing with retards, after all.

(June 30, 2017 at 6:59 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(June 30, 2017 at 6:11 pm)ManofYesterday Wrote: It would be very embarrassing for you if I did do that for a living, but I'm actually a Computer Scientist. Also, that's very elitist of you. Do you hate poor people and blue collar workers? Ironically, I bet you're a blue collar worker yourself.
I know that these forums have at least three professional programmers, and I'd just love for you to tell us what a computer genius you are, in addition to sharing your immense knowledge of physics.

Programmers are not necessarily Computer Scientists. I wouldn't expect a layman to know that though, so I forgive you.

Do computer scientists usually capitalize Computer Scientist.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(June 30, 2017 at 7:17 pm)Succubus Wrote:

Do computer scientists usually capitalize Computer Scientist.

Some other retard already wrote that.

I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised though.
Do anyone else recognize these traits in MOY?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-condi...n-20025568

It must be sad going through life like that. I think my original irritation has turned to pity.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
So Mano, what the hell are you doing here? No one buys your expertise except you. No one cares what you think of Alex.

So how long have you been combatting god haters on the internet? Might want to consider finding a field in which you have more aptitude.
(June 30, 2017 at 7:22 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Do anyone else recognize these traits in MOY?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-condi...n-20025568

It must be sad going through life like that. I think my original irritation has turned to pity.

It's like reading one of those astrology thingies in the newspaper.

You might be right though.

Anyhow.. is Alex getting that evidence for his credentials or what? It's been like day now. I'm starting to think that he really isn't a physicist. Just kidding! I've thought this from the beginning. Lol.
Yes, you clearly fit the description, MoY, and that's ok, we are what we are. But can you lighten up a little and try not to take discussions so seriously. Not everything is about defending your honor or winning, or destroying your enemy.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

And your address of it was even more retarded yesmen
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

ManofYesterday Wrote:Programmers are not necessarily Computer Scientists. I wouldn't expect a layman to know that though, so I forgive you.

You talk a pretty big game, but so far you haven't demonstrated knowledge of anything, in any field, that you couldn't copy from the back cover of a popular science book.

I didn't say you are a programmer, did I? But I'm still pretty sure you are either a college kid or a high school kid, because most adults have seen their fields written often enough to know that they aren't capitalized. That's because course names are capitalized, but job titles are not, unless used with a proper name or implying one: "Computer Scientist Smith started learning how to program a computer today!"

Of course, there is one other case in which people capitalize job fields unnecessarily: self-aggrandizing douches. So maybe you are, after all, a computer scientist. But I'm guessing we're about one hissy-fit away from being forced to read that you're a "1337 CoMpUtEr SCIENTIST ?︎□︎◆︎♍︎♒︎♏︎♌︎♋︎♑︎"

(June 30, 2017 at 7:27 pm)ManofYesterday Wrote: It's like reading one of those astrology thingies in the newspaper.

You might be right though.

Anyhow.. is Alex getting that evidence for his credentials or what? It's been like day now. I'm starting to think that he really isn't a physicist. Just kidding. I've thought that from the beginning. Lol.
He doesn't need to, because he's not making an appeal to authority. That was you, 'member?
(June 30, 2017 at 7:27 pm)Alex K Wrote: Yes, you clearly fit the description, MoY, and that's ok, we are what we are. But can you lighten up a little and try not to take discussions so seriously. Not everything is about defending your honor or winning, or destroying your enemy.

But what if he's on a mission from God?

[video=youtube]
https://youtu.be/fctAdJ5ob50
[/video]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion is a relic of the past Interaktive 69 5517 December 9, 2022 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  God, Energy and Matter Lek 323 26231 October 15, 2019 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Response to Darkmatter2525 ""Why Does Anything Matter?" Eik0932 23 2923 September 26, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Does Atheism Matter If You're A Slave? freezone 2 1298 November 28, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Scientists discover new form of matter in 2017. (The end of human suffering?) %mindless_detector% 17 5384 January 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is Eternal Life Even Desireable? noctalla 72 15313 November 23, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  Let's create an eternal blissful life through science FreeAtheist 18 4917 October 12, 2015 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Question Atheists: would proof of the resurrection matter to you? robvalue 55 16874 July 19, 2015 at 6:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
  atheism in centuries past watchamadoodle 32 8962 February 14, 2015 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Apathetic and Atheist, What does it even matter? LivingNumbers6.626 4 1930 November 21, 2014 at 12:25 am
Last Post: dyresand