Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 2:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea Now Making Missile Ready Nuclear Weapons
RE: North Korea Now Making Missile Ready Nuclear Weapons
Was the missile 'unloaded' for maximum height (which equals range) and therefore to 'scare' the bejeebers out of potential intimidates? Or even scarier, was it ballasted for a realistic warhead on board, and is there something about it's flightpath that suggest to our side that it was indeed the case?? If it went up to 2300 miles with a 1 or 2 ton load of sand on board, it is far more concerning.

It identifiably reaching the ocean surface just off Japan confirms it wasn't an ephemeral construct of some kind that would have disintegrated at high altitude to no effect, but something substantial enough to 'register' at impact with the water.

Wish we knew more . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 11, 2017 at 7:33 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Was the missile 'unloaded' for maximum height (which equals range) and therefore to 'scare' the bejeebers out of potential intimidates?  Or even scarier, was it ballasted for a realistic warhead on board, and is there something about it's flightpath that suggest to our side that it was indeed the case??  If it went up to 2300 miles with a 1 or 2 ton load of sand on board, it is far more concerning.  

It identifiably reaching the ocean surface just off Japan confirms it wasn't an ephemeral construct of some kind that would have disintegrated at high altitude to no effect, but something substantial enough to 'register' at impact with the water.  

Wish we knew more . . .

i don't know if there is anyway to discern a missile with an heavy and inefficient booster mated to a low weight prop from a missile with light and efficient booster mated to realistically weighed inert warhead. Perhaps when the warhead re-enters, how much inertia it exhibits in overcoming aerodynamic drag would give some indication of its density. But you can still have a low weight prop that is small but dense to mimic the drag response of a full weight real warhead.
Decel during descent would be my guess. Unfortunately, it would best be discerned with a radar at the landing point (hard to know where beforehand) looking straight up at it.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

There are 10 million people in Seoul. Un has his thousands of mobile artillery munitions pointed at Seoul. Attacking Pyongyang means Seoul gets pulverized.

There's 2.5 million innocent people in Pyongyang proper. Add another 2 million to that in the surrouding areas.

4.5 million innocent people get affected by Donald Trump's decisions.

I hope that John Kelly, James Mattis, and McMasters are in Trump's ear constantly. His posturing can affect tens of millions of innocent people.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Not too be putting too fine a point on this, but the folks in the hinterlands of North Korea would be 'most innocent', followed by folks in all the cities besides Pyongyang, and then the people in Pyongyang.

If Un is going to insist on going out in a blaze of essentially self inflicted glory, well, it sux to be higher on his friend list as opposed to everyone else.

I hope the Chinese find the refugees ESPECIALLY annoying.

It seems I've been forced to recalibrate my knowledge of North Korea in the past few days, but one thing I'm sure still stands is: regardless of the circumstances, the fall of North Korea will inevitably be a massive clusterfuck. 25 million people coming out of the Platonic cave they've spent the past 67 years in looking to reintegrate into Korean or Chinese society, the majority of whom will be starving and with no discernible skills other than praising the Kim dynasty, and that's before factoring in the crimes against humanity and those complicit in them.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(August 11, 2017 at 8:58 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Not too be putting too fine a point on this, but the folks in the hinterlands of North Korea would be 'most innocent', followed by folks in all the cities besides Pyongyang, and then the people in Pyongyang.

If Un is going to insist on going out in a blaze of essentially self inflicted glory, well, it sux to be higher on his friend list as opposed to everyone else.

I hope the Chinese find the refugees ESPECIALLY annoying.

I highly doubt the Chinese will take in very large number of North Korean refugees if the expected refugee crisis associated with Kim's fall materializes. China has always been an ethnostates, and china has never had any experience analogous to the movement of people across national boundaries in Europe BEFORE WWII much less after the war. Chinese reaction to millions of Koreans flooding in will make right wing European anti-immigration extremists look like Cosmopolitan internationalists.
So, they already realize the refugees would be ESPECIALLY annoying.

Good.

Maybe they might reconsider their courses of action that have got them into this cluster fuck.

(August 11, 2017 at 8:48 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: There are 10 million people in Seoul. Un has his thousands of mobile artillery munitions pointed at Seoul. Attacking Pyongyang means Seoul gets pulverized.

There's 2.5 million innocent people in Pyongyang proper. Add another 2 million to that in the surrouding areas.

4.5 million innocent people get affected by Donald Trump's decisions.

I hope that John Kelly, James Mattis, and McMasters are in Trump's ear constantly. His posturing can affect tens of millions of innocent people.

Just because there is a population in Pyongyang does not mean that non military, especially children deserve to die because of either Un's actions or 45 actions, same with Seoul. How many atheists here have rightfully condemned the motifs of the bible that have God allowing infanticide because of a beef with the Egyptian King, or the clear mass genocide of the flood, not that either story is real, but would have to include millions of unarmed civilians including children?

To claim merely targeting nuke sites wont go any further is fucking insane.

I hate Un as much as the right wing does. But we are not talking about anything simplistic here. Even without an initial nuclear strike, a ground war could pull the planet into a global nuclear war. In that case, NOBODY WINS.
(August 11, 2017 at 9:35 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: So, they already realize the refugees would be ESPECIALLY annoying.

Good.

Maybe they might reconsider their courses of action that have got them into this cluster fuck.

For the Chinese government, refugees are a small problem that can be solved by shooting a few to discourage the rest from coming.

North Korea falling and unified Korea allied to the US is a big problem that requires a steady and hard headed policy, not unduly influenced by minor considerations such as the plight of the million of starving people living under Kim regime, to prevent

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 962 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Are executions making the US look bad? Jehanne 33 1830 May 18, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  [Serious] Is a limited nuclear exchange possible? Angrboda 20 1339 April 21, 2022 at 10:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nuclear missiles in Cuba? Jehanne 28 1033 April 5, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Weapons in hotel, Denver brewer 38 2222 July 13, 2021 at 12:29 pm
  German Nuclear Power Phaseout Alex K 22 1784 January 31, 2021 at 8:41 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  North Korea executed envoy for the failed summit with Trump. Anomalocaris 26 2407 June 2, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  US selling nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia Cepheus Ace 32 2028 April 4, 2019 at 2:58 pm
  BREAKING: First Images of Saudi Nuclear Reactor Show Plant Nearing Finish WinterHold 0 298 April 3, 2019 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  New Zealand Bans Assault Weapons chimp3 61 6153 March 28, 2019 at 8:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker